Walgreens closing a SIGNIFICANT number of it's 8600 locations

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
That’s the price of convenience. Target/walmart carry fewer sku’s in larger sizes and do a higher volume to bring prices down, they also get more incentives from manufacturers - I interned for P&G all through college, we’d have much better mfctr deals for Walmart than we would for Safeway, and of course better deals for Safeway than convenience stores. Walgreens costing a $1.50 more for a stick of deodorant comes at the convenience of not having to drive far, not needing to make the trip worth it by buying hella stuff, and being in and out much faster. No different from buying a head of lettuce from a local produce stand vs the big Grocery store

It's really only convenience in food deserts. In middle class neighborhoods there are grocery stores, Target, Walmart, etc that have pharmacies...just as close as a CVS/Walgreens.

The absolute only reason I go to CVS is because my job has our prescription coverage tied to them on most plans. That shyt is the only way they can stay in business around here, force people to use them.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's really only convenience in food deserts. In middle class neighborhoods there are grocery stores, Target, Walmart, etc that have pharmacies...just as close as a CVS/Walgreens.

The absolute only reason I go to CVS is because my job has our prescription coverage tied to them on most plans. That shyt is the only way they can stay in business around here, force people to use them.
In the real city, drugstores outnumber and are closer than grocery stores. I’ve only ever seen this equi-distant thing in the suburbs where you drive to a plaza that has them all in one area

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They deserve to be out of business with the prices of their non prescription medicine alone.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That’s the price of convenience. Target/walmart carry fewer sku’s in larger sizes and do a higher volume to bring prices down, they also get more incentives from manufacturers - I interned for P&G all through college, we’d have much better mfctr deals for Walmart than we would for Safeway, and of course better deals for Safeway than convenience stores. Walgreens costing a $1.50 more for a stick of deodorant comes at the convenience of not having to drive far, not needing to make the trip worth it by buying hella stuff, and being in and out much faster. No different from buying a head of lettuce from a local produce stand vs the big Grocery store

Sounds like radio shack