Walgreens closing a SIGNIFICANT number of it's 8600 locations

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
This companies are greedy and heartless, they rather thousands of people get out of their jobs and have no sources of income than simply pay their workers a living wage with proper health benefits.
yes...
they are passing up making millions of dollars in profits just so they dont have to pay people :aicmon:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
One disadvantage is the elderly in black neighborhoods will have to depend on transportation and others to go farther out for their medications

the local grocery store is within walking distance for me and they can refill meds. both walgreens are a 2-5 min drive, so in my neighborhood, walgreens is less convenient.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I used to be able to walk to a rite aid, but they closed a few months back. Now I just order stuff from Amazon, and get it the next day

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
They closed all the rite aids in the area and looks like a lot of cvs stores got hit. I like the Walgreens by my house because it’s close when I need something quick and not worried about pricing. The one cashier and slow ass pharmacy though :scust:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So all the drugs stores are closing?
People using grocery store pharmacies now or something?
CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens are all closing up stores.
Mail order pharmacies becoming more popular and also big corporations like cvs and walgreens taking over smaller chains creating oversaturation. (For example where i live at, a lot of times you'll have two walgreens stores that are with a mile or two from each other)

Plus there's a whole lot of bullshyt that they got to deal with when it comes to insurance reimbursements and PBMs. The retail pharmacy world is crazy and complicated.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Until your grandparents have problems filling/refilling their prescriptions

Bro I read these fukking stupid replies celebrating pharmacy's closing and the American dollar failing and these ass hats celebrate like they want to live in the world of Mad Max..

No one wants to be ripped off.. but not many 70 year Olds know how to fill their prescription online.. they knw that at the corner of street X and Y is CVS/Walgreens.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I go to a grocery store pharmacy and my prescription would be done in a timely manner

Granted i know pharmacies are busy, but Walgreens and cvs always be like , your prescription wouldn’t be ready till later , like 5 hours later or not even till the next day..

Because they short on staff

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Long lines, terrible customer service, high prices, never anyone at the register because they also stock items etc. I moved my meds to Publix and only go to CVS/Walgreens when other places are closed or if I Wana buy those XL chocolate bars :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
there were too many of them to begin with and they too expensive. theres like 4 walgreens within w 4 mile radius of my crib and ya know where ever there is a walgreens a cvs tends to be across the street. its ridiculous
Seem like pharmacies movies online

I got a script from a doc from a health app a week ago
Mail order pharmacies becoming more popular and also big corporations like cvs and walgreens taking over smaller chains creating oversaturation. (For example where i live at, a lot of times you'll have two walgreens stores that are with a mile or two from each other)

Plus there's a whole lot of bullshyt that they got to deal with when it comes to insurance reimbursements and PBMs. The retail pharmacy world is crazy and complicated.
Brehs, they sell...drugs

They can find a way to bring customers back to their stores if they wanted.