Walgreens closing a SIGNIFICANT number of it's 8600 locations

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
They definitely don't need as many in middle class or affluent areas. I'm not going in there to buy any of the marked up shyt in the middle of the store and I have a car so I don't need a drug store on every other corner.

Unless it's a prescription I will get anything else they sell either at the grocery store / Target or order from Amazon.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Like I said in the tech layoffs thread, it's a bear market.

While big dogs like Google, NVIDIA, etc. are poppin, many well-known mid-level companies have been doing worse than pre-COVID.

Some of these companies are down 80% in stock price from their peak. Paypal was at $300/share now it's $60/share for example. Same goes for Affirm, Zillow, etc. Look at a lot of mid-level companies' performance over the last decade and compare that to the main Big Tech companies - they're doing absolutely shytty in comparison.

If those big dogs crash, man...that's when it gets bad.
I think the Nvidia and AI hype is all about pumping up the stock market to hide how bad things are.

Teslas stock price makes no sense to me. Keeps going up no matter what bad news drops.

Whole thing looks like a scam

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Bro I read these fukking stupid replies celebrating pharmacy's closing and the American dollar failing and these ass hats celebrate like they want to live in the world of Mad Max..

No one wants to be ripped off.. but not many 70 year Olds know how to fill their prescription online.. they knw that at the corner of street X and Y is CVS/Walgreens.

I've seen a general disconnect with some of the commentary I've read here over the years.

Writers, talking heads, columnists use their platforms to promote their views and stances that reflect their realities.
I think this is lost on people sometimes when they hear and eventually repeat the stances of their thought leaders.

Our individual and collective realities are different . We have fewer resources and options.
And will feel the effects of some these developing stories differently.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think the Nvidia and AI hype is all about pumping up the stock market to hide how bad things are.

Teslas stock price makes no sense to me. Keeps going up no matter what bad news drops.

Whole thing looks like a scam
Yeah, like this whole Blackwell Chip that's supposed to be "Earth Shattering" NVIDIA is about to drop:

I know there's hype to that, but is it really a game changer like that? It just sounds like the same ol same ol "MoAR ComPutaTioNaL PowER!" and I remember when they said the same thing about AMD chips back in 2020 for gaming.

We do all this gassing up now because of the financial aspect attached to everything and it's ridiculous. Meanwhile, all these other industries getting absolutely destroyed.

Like if this thing isn't coming up with some next generation Physics, Math, STEM, etc. discoveries then it was simply another investment hype job to pump wallets. I understand it'll be able to perhaps make some crazy simulations and do calculations based on that, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There's a Walmart around every block.
No, there isn’t. And no one wants to deal with the big ass parking lots at target and Walmart, to have to walk thru a big ass Walmart/target to get to the pharmacy counter. I live in a city that’s being impacted by these closings, driving out your way to target/walmart/costco is annoying. I use Amazon pharmacy cuz it’s cheap and direct to me, but the few scripts I’ve needed same day, it’s a headache to have to go to these large stores for what should be a 10 min errand that turns into a 30 min errand plus 15 min drive

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think all those big box stores are losing money and horribly inefficient businesses. Probably have been for a decade plus. CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, to me, make no sense finaically. Rite Aid lost 250 million last year, that' not from 'shrink', that's a business that doesn't even turn a profit.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The rent is too damn high on those retail spaces.

Amazon is crushing them with how easy it is to use your FSA $.

I only go to a pharmacy to fill prescriptions and I could do that online and have it delivered if I wanted to.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
They got these drug storss all over the suburbs. I always thought it was a bad business model because if youre willing to drive to the drug store you can go a little further and save $10-20.

plus with the drive through and online prescription delivery almost no reason to go in any more