Wait, Black people only commit 9 percent of crime in America?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Seems easy to verify.

1. How many crimes are committed each year
2. How many crimes are committed each year by african americans.
3. What percentage of these crimes commited are by african americans

The answer should be right there.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
prisons are one of those most lucrative private own buisnesses. Like any buisness they need a quota to fill in order to stay in buisness. That's why all these courts nationwide are giving people dumb ass time for petty shyt. Miami you get caught for a grand theft auto they trying to give you 3 years mandatory like wtf?? They packing these prisons up on purpose. Don't believe everything you read

Man I just seen that pic with brothers picking cotton in a prison... Like Gotdayum smh this Amerikkka land of the corrupts home of the enslaved.

Daps
Seems easy to verify.

1. How many crimes are committed each year
2. How many crimes are committed each year by african americans.
3. What percentage of these crimes commited are by african americans

The answer should be right there.

Yea, that would be easy....if you were omniscient.

Some crimes go unsolved/undersolved. Some "criminals" get wrongly convicted, some criminals get wrongly acquitted.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2009

Blacks roughly account for about 8% (3027153 arrests per 38929319 total population) while the white population is .5% (half a percent). This # is the highwater mark, considering the same person can be arrested a # of times and other factors that I dont take into account cause im not a statiscian.

No disagrement from me on prison system being a money making factory and high incarceration rate of blacks due "unfair" drug laws and such.

Of the estimated 36,500,000 crimes reported annually in the U.S., Black American's are involved in less than 9% but have the highest conviction and incarceration rate annually of any other group.

This statement is very misleading and not as simple of a stat as the person who wrote this article wants you to believe. Just saying statistics can be skewed and/or misued to prove a point.
ppl never get this. +rep for your critical thinking skills.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Poverty, Income Inequality, and Violent Crime: A Meta-Analysis of Recent Aggregate Data Studies

In the late 1970s and early 1980s, several important reviews of the literature failed to establish a clear consensus on the relationship between economic conditions and violent crime. The research presented here applies the procedures of meta-analysis to 34 aggregate data studies reporting on violent crime, poverty, and income inequality. These studies reported a total of 76 zero-order correlation coefficients for all measures of violent crime with either poverty or income inequality. Of the 76 coefficients, all but 2, or 97 percent, were positive. Of the positive coefficients, nearly 80 percent were of at least moderate strength (>.25). It is concluded that poverty and income inequality are each associated with violent crime. The analysis, however, shows considerable variation in the estimated size of the relationships and suggests that homicide and assault may be more closely associated with poverty or income inequality than are rape and robbery.

--------
I mean, its common sense. Race has little to do w/ what people (black and white) complain about. Its the reason I end up disagreeing w/ black folks, and white people...too many people only see race. At the end of the day we are Americans, and act like Americans.

All of what you posted are just statistics someone came up with. Why do you trust those but not others?

Crime is more prevalent in the poorest of the poor. Everybody under the poverty rate does not fall into that category. Families living in the suburbs still fall under the poverty rate. They arent more inclined to do violent crimes. So even though you think you have numbers to back it up, they really prove nothing.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I blame the prison industrial complex. Ever since people being in jail started equating to big money for these private prison corporations, you know what the game is there.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Poverty, Income Inequality, and Violent Crime: A Meta-Analysis of Recent Aggregate Data Studies

In the late 1970s and early 1980s, several important reviews of the literature failed to establish a clear consensus on the relationship between economic conditions and violent crime. The research presented here applies the procedures of meta-analysis to 34 aggregate data studies reporting on violent crime, poverty, and income inequality. These studies reported a total of 76 zero-order correlation coefficients for all measures of violent crime with either poverty or income inequality. Of the 76 coefficients, all but 2, or 97 percent, were positive. Of the positive coefficients, nearly 80 percent were of at least moderate strength (>.25). It is concluded that poverty and income inequality are each associated with violent crime. The analysis, however, shows considerable variation in the estimated size of the relationships and suggests that homicide and assault may be more closely associated with poverty or income inequality than are rape and robbery.

--------
I mean, its common sense. Race has little to do w/ what people (black and white) complain about. Its the reason I end up disagreeing w/ black folks, and white people...too many people only see race. At the end of the day we are Americans, and act like Americans.

I am happy you found a meta-analysis because you could have easily found a random study that reported a higher coefficient. I do believe that crime and poverty are associated; however, .25 is a WEAK correlation (they called it moderate, but most social scientist would call that weak). Unfortunately this does not really counter the OP article because we can't use poverty rates to predict crime for the entire population which what the article is about. Also, 9 percent of the white population in poverty could still be more people than the 27 percent of the black population in poverty simply because whites are the majority.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
The stat that always surprises me the most is that 85% of blacks still go :ohhh: when they come across large scale racism

QFT like a muthafukka

Not sure what people need to hear or see to understand that the Prison Industrial Complex is real...I dont know if they think its just a conspiracy theory or think its just another "bash whitey" rant when we talk about it...I dunno

You have white folk right now getting richer off the imprisonment of blacks and latino's..

ahh fukk it...:snooze:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
QFT like a muthafukka

Not sure what people need to hear or see to understand that the Prison Industrial Complex is real...I dont know if they think its just a conspiracy theory or think its just another "bash whitey" rant when we talk about it...I dunno

You have white folk right now getting richer off the imprisonment of blacks and latino's..

ahh fukk it...:snooze:

I think they believe it is another conspiracy theory. However, prisons are billion dollar businesses and the whole system is ultimately modern day slavery.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
no...you just shouldnt believe things because it makes you feel better.

Exactly postive statistics are not any more reliable than negative ones. I don't pay attention to any of that shyt. People in here poppin bottles like we finally made it :ohlawd:

Use the eye test. Who do you see around you? Theres a large number educated productive black folks and theres a lot of black people that grow up around crime and become criminals themselves. That wasn't made up by the news its a reality.

But on SOHH/The Coli its always the same person:

"I'm the only black person at my job and I make 95,000 a year...but I'm certified in my hood and my homies still :bustback" :comeon:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yea, that would be easy....if you were omniscient.

Some crimes go unsolved/undersolved. Some "criminals" get wrongly convicted, some criminals get wrongly acquitted.

The percentage will give you an estimate that you can add or detract 5 percent from.