Wait, Black people only commit 9 percent of crime in America?

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I believe it's 9% or lower. There are a lot of place and areas where there are no black people at all. Most of us live in the big cities. Like in Louisiana, there's only about 5 cities where blacks are abundant.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That stat isnt surprising at all.

The stat that always surprises me the most is that 85% of blacks still go :ohhh: when they come across large scale racism

Like what the fukk are you shocked for. White ppl have been consistently racist in this country since before it was even a country. Oh what you thought it just stopped in its tracks cause they like to jam a lil rap music too? :pachaha: :stopitslime:

5 min of reading white ppl's comments on the internet and social media will show you their racism hasnt went anywhere. Shyt they're on this very own site.

Add the fact that the average human being is ethnocentric, you think a country with a population thats 72% white with a media that is probably being controlled by 90% whites gives a fukk about how it portrays races who arent white?
:comeon:

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
you nikkas believe anything you read:aicmon:

What an incredibly asinine statement. Since you obviously know more than most and choose to hang that 'fact' over everyone's head, I'll be the second to ask: I take it you have proof stating otherwise? In fact, you didn't even specify whether it's actually higher or lower than the stat claims. I've wasted my time here.

Daps
And yet knowing this, black males take unnecessary risks everyday just to "get high". Next time you fools see me going h.a.m against Marijuana and other illegal drugs this is why.

Too many brothers in jail for dumb shyt.

If not in jail, their records make them unemployable.

Yet nggas will still risk 2-5 for an ounce of some grass? :stopitslime:

What about meth use in this country...Cacs is out there "Breaking Bad" but they arent railroaded in jail. Bottom line is, when you are targeted, you are targeted.

If you are black, Im pretty sure you know someone that has been falsely accused of something and in turn arrested. I can name a few people.

Interesting no c00n but I think it's higher for violent crime
But according to this blacks do a proportionate amount of Crime for the population but get tossed in jail at a much higher rate...

Please expound...you think its higher base on what?

i wish this statistic was true, but i just dont see it (no c00n)

i dont think the percentage is that low

there needs to be more reliable studies on this statistic

Please expound...you think its higher base on what?

What is giving you two the impression that the stat is higher...Is it because you traveled across the US and see these crimes in action? Is it cause you turn on the news and only see black people in trouble so you find it hard to believe that black people aren't committing the most crimes?

Please help us all understand, what it is that makes you question the validity of this statistic...:ld:

Or is it because black people are marginalized and misrepresented in media so you ended up buying into the stereotype just like the rest of society?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2009

Blacks roughly account for about 8% (3027153 arrests per 38929319 total population) while the white population is .5% (half a percent). This # is the highwater mark, considering the same person can be arrested a # of times and other factors that I dont take into account cause im not a statiscian.

No disagrement from me on prison system being a money making factory and high incarceration rate of blacks due "unfair" drug laws and such.

Of the estimated 36,500,000 crimes reported annually in the U.S., Black American's are involved in less than 9% but have the highest conviction and incarceration rate annually of any other group.

This statement is very misleading and not as simple of a stat as the person who wrote this article wants you to believe. Just saying statistics can be skewed and/or misued to prove a point.

Daps
Please help us all understand, what it is that makes you question the validity of this statistic...:ld:

Well, what makes me question the validity is I don't see how they could've calculated it.

I do believe our representation in prison is disproportionate, just don't see how they come up with this stat.

I'd like to see the conviction rate by race and by wealth. But even that wouldn't tell the whole story if a black and/or poor person is more likely to even be tried for a crime.

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
LOL @ people in here thinking overall crime only includes serious shyt like murder, rape, and armed robbery

Break those numbers down according to those individual criminal activities.....you damn sure won't get no 9% for us under each one. Let's be real. I'm not saying it's a high number like 90% but it damn sure ain't 9% across the board for EACH type of crime. C'mon now.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
:dwillhuh: I have to admit that is stat I have NEVER seen....

:wow:........

The other stat says overall population is only just above 10%.....It was just 12% to 13% 2000 census........ :whoo:
yes, nikkas are irrelevant. and in 25-30 years when hispanics become 30-40% of the population we'll oppress you too AND I CANT WAIT FOR THAT. :lawd:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So we gojna skip over the 1 in ten blacks are in prison?

This is ridiculous, staggering and down right scary

Daps
Well, what makes me question the validity is I don't see how they could've calculated it.

I do believe our representation in prison is disproportionate, just don't see how they come up with this stat.

I'd like to see the conviction rate by race and by wealth. But even that wouldn't tell the whole story if a black and/or poor person is more likely to even be tried for a crime.

I can respect your point of views. I don't know how they got their numbers but this is a stat that can be easily tracked because everything in the criminal justice system is documented. You raise an interesting point in regards to class and race being considered.

People with money can afford lawyers who can help keep a case form even going to trial as you mentioned while people without money can be found convicted because of poor representation...

I try not to feed into stats too much but mathematically speaking...black people make uip such a small number of the US population it doesn't make numerical sense for black people to be disproportionally incarcerated. Based on that alone I know black people are being targeted.