Wait, Black people only commit 9 percent of crime in America?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
b vs. w
smh

thats how they keep track?

seems, I should yall brothers and put yall to work...only you wont get 5 cents or 10 cents per hour...

It will be minimum wage...

bros brain washed to think they all got their back...

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
Blacks definitly lead in violent crime pretty much all homicides in most cities are black on black.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I have white friends and I believe it. They are more likely to be arrested and in trouble but Black folks are punish just for being mentioned.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If anyone wants to change things for the better then we can't turn the other way when our brothers and sisters do crime, but we also can't turn the other way when systematic injustice is right in our face.

Example: Before coming to graduate school I was a teacher. You would not believe how messed up our education system is in regard to educating low-income children (you would be disgusted if you knew half of what happens systematically to these children). To make matters worse, some parents won't even sit down and do homework with their children (in addition to a bunch of other detrimental things). As a teacher, I didn't just go after the parents (although I did as much as I could to motivate and teach them HOW to help their children). However, I would be a damn fool to believe that teaching children and parents to help themselves is the only thing I should do to improve the state of black education. I took leadership roles in regard to structuring curriculum at my school, participated in district focus groups, and talked to everyone I could about how the system is ultimately screwing low income children over.

I decided I wanted to become a researcher so that I could attack some of these things on a larger scale, but you best believe that I am using all these statistics to actually create interventions for individuals in the communities that I care about.

You can't JUST shame people and think you're going to truly change anything.
:ohlawd:

Where you do you live? If in DC, let me know.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
For me it's not about whether the statistic is right or wrong; it's about the response to a report that doesn't paint blacks as a mentally deficient, murderous, diseases infested horde. People are incredulous at this report but when the seemingly monthly STD reports come out we ready swallow those numbers without a hint of skepticism. If a non sourced report came out that stated 78% of black males in urban areas dropped out of high school I BET the skepticism in here would be reduced by 66%.

See, numbers are fun. :pachaha:

Superstar
Daps
It's not an entirely unbelievable number, when you consider that it's "total crime." There are certain types of crimes that black people would conceivably not commit as often as white people -- crime that pop up very often. Among them are:

Credit card fraud
Tax evasion
Securities fraud
Computer sex offenses
Cocaine use (it's a higher-income drug)
Hate crimes
Homicidal poisonings
...and on and on.

I mean, you can commit a crime in a lot of different ways. Black people are only responsible for a subset of those crimes -- and responsible for that subset so frequently that it comes across as a problem in the community. Those crimes often come with harsher mandatory minimum sentences, which translate to longer prison sentences and more blacks in the prison population. And yes, biased cops, judges and juries come into play depending on where you live and whether or not you're lucky.

So yeah, as a CAC, I believe it. :manny:

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
I don't know man, one of the funniest things I remember was being in Hawaii listening to the radio and them interrupting the broadcast with breaking news that a car had been stolen on Honolulu. The DJ then spent the rest of her show lamenting during each break how much of messed up world it is because of that tragic event :pachaha:

:laugh:

lol...I mean I've never been there. Just know some folks who have and seen Dog The Bounty Hunter. And Boo Ya Tribe.

:laff: the way you keep throwing Boo Ya Tribe in there is killing me.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
:rudy:

the drug war can't be disassociated from this assault on black men's liberty. it's part and parcel, another means to send us to jail. by "going h.a.m." against the use of a harmless drug like marijuana, you're only excusing the flagrant abuse of justice that's resulted from this war on drugs.

You're on point with that. America's prison population is skyrocketing directly because of the war on drugs. The war on drugs has also been intentionally turned against minorities.

America: King of the Prison States

The United States currently has the highest incarceration rate of any nation worldwide. For example, greater than 60 percent of nations have incarceration rates below 150 per 100,000 people (Walmsley, 2003). The United States makes up just about five percent of the world’s population and yet it houses 25 percent of the world’s prison population (Walmsley, 2009). In 2008 there were more than 2.3 million people held in United States prisons and jails, a rate of approximately 754 inmates per 100,000 people (Sabol, West, & Cooper, 2009). So if we only count adults in the population that translates into a one in 100 American adults is locked up. Russia is the only other major industrialized nation that comes close with 627 prisoners for every 100,000 people. Other countries have much lower incarceration rates. For instance England’s rate is 151/100,000; Germany’s rate is 88/100, 000; and Japan’s rate is 63/100,000 people. The median rate of incarceration among all nations is about 125/100, 000 people which is about a sixth of the American incarceration rate (Sabol, West, & Cooper, 2009).

However, this was not always the case. Before the 1970s, the United States had an incarceration rate that had been in the range of 100 inmates per 100,000 people for decades. Thus, the current incarceration rate represents a significant increase in the use of imprisonment in the United States starting in the decade of the 1970s.

:bustback:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
wow these courts are doing us dirty! If you are a black male you better keep your ass out of trouble and teach your kids the same. We need a famous white icon to speak on this since that seems to be the way to get black issues into the mainstream media...Sort of like what Sean Penn did with Haiti and Clooney did with Africa.

The+Blind+Side.jpg