Wait, Black people only commit 9 percent of crime in America?

Daps
The percentage will give you an estimate that you can add or detract 5 percent from.

Nah, that's piss poor use of statistics.

The percentage of convicted crimes committed by Black folk would only show how effective the system is at locking up Black folks.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
What I actually find chilling is that blacks are more likely to question statistics that are actually in are favor for once.

Now let it have been "Blacks makes up 87% of all HIV cases" and there would be almost no argument. Sad.

:lawd:

:smh: @ TJ and Mr Movement c00ning it up

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Nah, that's piss poor use of statistics.

The percentage of convicted crimes committed by Black folk would only show how effective the system is at locking up Black folks.

Ok so i guess you'll just rely on the stats that are given to you? Or are you saying there is no way to accurately find a somewhat reliable number and we should just base stats on what we see with our eyes in your neighborhood. Im not following this hopeless perspective of math.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Exactly postive statistics are not any more reliable than negative ones. I don't pay attention to any of that shyt. People in here poppin bottles like we finally made it :ohlawd:

Use the eye test. Who do you see around you? Theres a large number educated productive black folks and theres a lot of black people that grow up around crime and become criminals themselves. That wasn't made up by the news its a reality.

But on SOHH/The Coli its always the same person:

"I'm the only black person at my job and I make 95,000 a year...but I'm certified in my hood and my homies still :bustback" :comeon:

If it said 90% you would've believed it. :stopitslime:

Scust @ you only believing negative stats about black people. Like whites aren't above forging some stats that have them looking :win: and blacks like :to: for psych-op purposes. Guarantee you wouldn't be "questioning" anything about it if it or any stat about black people was negative.:youngsabo::childplease:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I think they believe it is another conspiracy theory. However, prisons are billion dollar businesses and the whole system is ultimately modern day slavery.

Yup, the crazy part is, to the higher ups. It doesnt even have to do with race anymore. They are just looking to exploit the lower class. YET AGAIN :why:

As if all the other means of keeping the poor downtrodden and profiting of the common man isnt good enuff for their ass :snoop:

Daps
Ok so i guess you'll just rely on the stats that are given to you? Or are you saying there is no way to accurately find a somewhat reliable number and we should just base stats on what we see with our eyes in your neighborhood. Im not following this hopeless perspective of math.

:snoop:

That's not what I'm saying at all. The stat you're suggesting to use doesn't correlate to this thread. There are more Black convicts, so of course they will represent a higher percentage of crimes.

What I am saying is uncover the numbers that you can actually measure and put them into perspective. Don't just blindly assign them to some statistic you cant measure by "giving or taking 5 percent"....that's asinine.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Well, what makes me question the validity is I don't see how they could've calculated it.

I do believe our representation in prison is disproportionate, just don't see how they come up with this stat.

I'd like to see the conviction rate by race and by wealth. But even that wouldn't tell the whole story if a black and/or poor person is more likely to even be tried for a crime.

This is a true statement.

The numbers are saddening and telling, but still makes you scratch your head with how they came up with the numbers and where the breakdowns occur.

As another poster pointed out, this isn't breaking down cities/populations into account either, so somewhere like New Hampshire, Iowa, Vermont or Maine, where the populations are relatively low as a whole (as well as over 90% Caucasian) would mostly likely have a profoundly different effect on the numbers compared to, say, Texas or California I would think.

Interesting to say the least though....

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Lol, that site is still up, no?

Niccas get their panties in a bunch when asked to back up their claims :heh:

Like who? Nobody is upset but it should go without saying that a lot of Black people tend to think the worst about ourselves. Shouldn't need documents to back that up

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:snoop:

That's not what I'm saying at all. The stat you're suggesting to use doesn't correlate to this thread. There are more Black convicts, so of course they will represent a higher percentage of crimes.

What I am saying is uncover the numbers that you can actually measure and put them into perspective. Don't just blindly assign them to some statistic you cant measure by "giving or taking 5 percent"....that's asinine.

I think i just did. I said get the number of crimes and how many are done by African Americans. You didnt seem to think that was a good idea. If it isnt, what is? Lets speak in language that leads to numbers and not jargon that leads to debates that dont lead to numbers.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Like who? Nobody is upset but it should go without saying that a lot of Black people tend to think the worst about ourselves. Shouldn't need documents to back that up
man its not about thinking the worse.

what exactly are you all gaining from these stats? You think all of a sudden there are no issues in the black community (I still stand by the theory that our real problem is the habits of poor people)?
Has nobody here lived in or around the hood?
I mean, its not like college cats are filling the jails up...in Chicago, lets be real...it aint white folks shooting each other.

Im not saying white people dont do dirt...but to look the other way at our own is doing a disservice.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
If it said 90% you would've believed it. :stopitslime:

Scust @ you only believing negative stats about black people. Like whites aren't above forging some stats that have them looking :win: and blacks like :to: for psych-op purposes. Guarantee you wouldn't be "questioning" anything about it if it or any stat about black people was negative.:youngsabo::childplease:
Naw. Reply to somebody else. Becuz like I said I take all stats with a grain of salt. I use logic and you use something other than logic...

If you want to talk about unfair sentences, poverty, and the incarceration rate I'll agree 100%. But if you want to act like something that is happening is not happening I'll tell you to shut the fukk up.

What do ya'll think the crack epidemic was about? Or the gang scene in the 80s and 90s? Hip Hop music? That was all fiction and the majority of black folks grew up in Mayberry...

What if you read a stat came out saying that between the years 1865 and 1970 blacks were more likely to own their own business and less likely to be in prisons than the rest of the population. Sounds like black folks had it pretty good during those years. Would you be :stylin: at the "black excellence" or would you use your brain and realize that there is some information missing. Think about the implications of your denial...

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
man its not about thinking the worse.

what exactly are you all gaining from these stats? You think all of a sudden there are no issues in the black community (I still stand by the theory that our real problem is the habits of poor people)?
Has nobody here lived in or around the hood?
I mean, its not like college cats are filling the jails up...in Chicago, lets be real...it aint white folks shooting each other.

Im not saying white people dont do dirt...but to look the other way at our own is doing a disservice.

I don't feel one way or the other about any of this. fukk out my face

Daps

Like the guy who speaks passive aggressively to you about me.

I think i just did. I said get the number of crimes and how many are done by African Americans. You didnt seem to think that was a good idea. If it isnt, what is? Lets speak in language that leads to numbers and not jargon that leads to debates that dont lead to numbers.

Again, the stat and methodology you suggested would perfectly answer the question....but in order to implement that, you'd need to be omniscient. You'd need to know all crimes that are committed and who they're committed by. No one knows that, and using convictions as "crimes" is a poor method since it's subject to the bias of the system that does these convictions (among other things).

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
No one actually outlining how we can find the numbers on our own but everyone has a reason why the numbers are not accurate and finding an accurate number is impossible. Thought this was the brainiac forum.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Like the guy who speaks passive aggressively to you about me.

Again, the stat and methodology you suggested would perfectly answer the question....but in order to implement that, you'd need to be omniscient. You'd need to know all crimes that are committed and who they're committed by. No one knows that, and using convictions as "crimes" is a poor method since it's subject to the bias of the system that does these convictions (among other things).

Yea well lets just go with what crimes are actually reported. Its all we have. Your method of hopelessness does not even get us out of the blocks.