Wait, Black people only commit 9 percent of crime in America?

Daps
Yea well lets just go with what crimes are actually reported. Its all we have. Your method of hopelessness does not even get us out of the blocks.

Method of hopelessness? What are you talking about?

I already suggested how one should start to investigate this issue.
Well, what makes me question the validity is I don't see how they could've calculated it.

I do believe our representation in prison is disproportionate, just don't see how they come up with this stat.

I'd like to see the conviction rate by race and by wealth. But even that wouldn't tell the whole story if a black and/or poor person is more likely to even be tried for a crime.

The problem with you messageboard folks is you think these deep, complex issues can be vetted in a ten sentence post. They can't. You could write a 300 page thesis on this and STILL not cover everything.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
man its not about thinking the worse.

what exactly are you all gaining from these stats? You think all of a sudden there are no issues in the black community (I still stand by the theory that our real problem is the habits of poor people)?
Has nobody here lived in or around the hood?
I mean, its not like college cats are filling the jails up...in Chicago, lets be real...it aint white folks shooting each other.

Im not saying white people dont do dirt...but to look the other way at our own is doing a disservice.

If anyone wants to change things for the better then we can't turn the other way when our brothers and sisters do crime, but we also can't turn the other way when systematic injustice is right in our face.

Example: Before coming to graduate school I was a teacher. You would not believe how messed up our education system is in regard to educating low-income children (you would be disgusted if you knew half of what happens systematically to these children). To make matters worse, some parents won't even sit down and do homework with their children (in addition to a bunch of other detrimental things). As a teacher, I didn't just go after the parents (although I did as much as I could to motivate and teach them HOW to help their children). However, I would be a damn fool to believe that teaching children and parents to help themselves is the only thing I should do to improve the state of black education. I took leadership roles in regard to structuring curriculum at my school, participated in district focus groups, and talked to everyone I could about how the system is ultimately screwing low income children over.

I decided I wanted to become a researcher so that I could attack some of these things on a larger scale, but you best believe that I am using all these statistics to actually create interventions for individuals in the communities that I care about.

You can't JUST shame people and think you're going to truly change anything.

Daps
What if Earth is a prison for people who have committed wrongs in a past life and to escape you must adhere to the laws of good so when you die you can be judged and be sent to paradise.

I don't believe in heaven/hell in a traditional sense but when I was younger this was one of my theories on life...

like we all got paroled from Hell and if we violate we get sent back...if we follow the laws of good(god) we move on to heaven which is freedom.

Interesting that I read this right now as I was coincidentally listening to this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
blacks get profiled cause they amount to way less of the us.. population but still commit 10% of crimes, it's disproportionate compared to black population

that's not the point of this thread. there is a myth of overwhelming black criminality sweeping our nation, a lie propagated for the express purpose of reducing the black population to a horde of orcs in a fantasy novel, where the whites are the noble innocents under siege.

this shows how far off their diseased fantasy is.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yet knowing this, black males take unnecessary risks everyday just to "get high". Next time you fools see me going h.a.m against Marijuana and other illegal drugs this is why.

Too many brothers in jail for dumb shyt.

If not in jail, their records make them unemployable.

Yet nggas will still risk 2-5 for an ounce of some grass? :stopitslime:

:rudy:

the drug war can't be disassociated from this assault on black men's liberty. it's part and parcel, another means to send us to jail. by "going h.a.m." against the use of a harmless drug like marijuana, you're only excusing the flagrant abuse of justice that's resulted from this war on drugs.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Published by Gerald McLeod

Living in Hawaii over 25 years. 3 adult children who left this pacific paradise for the Pacific Northwest. After years of insurance investigation reports writing is a habit...

25 years in Hawaii? Dude basically doesn't want to be remotely anywhere near a ghetto or even accidentally drive through one.
Just have this 'white' writer sit in a metro-area courthouse for a week during the day and then stay in the projects during the night. This whole "report" would be re-written.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Published by Gerald McLeod

Living in Hawaii over 25 years. 3 adult children who left this pacific paradise for the Pacific Northwest. After years of insurance investigation reports writing is a habit...

25 years in Hawaii? Dude basically doesn't want to be remotely anywhere near a ghetto or even accidentally drive through one.
Just have this 'white' writer sit in a metro-area courthouse for a week during the day and then stay in the projects during the night. This whole "report" would be re-written.
lol they got hoods in Hawaii too. But theyre full of Samoans and Pacific Islanders or whatever. Boo Ya Tribe.

But thats the kind of the point some folks are making. Systemic oppression and lack of opportunities leads to crime. But in America and the rest of the western world the opportunities are decided by race. So blacks, latins, Pacific Islanders, Navajos etc all tend to account for a disproportionate amount of crime...whether thats 9% or 90% I have no idea. But thats the reality of it...

Daps
lol they got hoods in Hawaii too. But theyre full of Samoans and Pacific Islanders or whatever. Boo Ya Tribe.

But thats the kind of the point some folks are making. Systemic oppression and lack of opportunities leads to crime. But in America and the rest of the western world the opportunities are decided by race. So blacks, latins, Pacific Islanders, Navajos etc all tend to account for a disproportionate amount of crime...whether thats 9% or 90% I have no idea. But thats the reality of it...

I don't know man, one of the funniest things I remember was being in Hawaii listening to the radio and them interrupting the broadcast with breaking news that a car had been stolen on Honolulu. The DJ then spent the rest of her show lamenting during each break how much of messed up world it is because of that tragic event :pachaha:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Honolulu is a major metropolitan area with urban crime and problems. Most of Hawaii is not Honolulu just like most of New York state is not NYC.

I don't know where this dude got his 9% of crimes were committed by blacks statistics. I want to say out of his butt because like half the people I arrested were black and the other half were white and the conviction rate was about the same.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I don't know man, one of the funniest things I remember was being in Hawaii listening to the radio and them interrupting the broadcast with breaking news that a car had been stolen on Honolulu. The DJ then spent the rest of her show lamenting during each break how much of messed up world it is because of that tragic event :pachaha:
lol...I mean I've never been there. Just know some folks who have and seen Dog The Bounty Hunter. And Boo Ya Tribe.

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
All of what you posted are just statistics someone came up with. Why do you trust those but not others?

Crime is more prevalent in the poorest of the poor. Everybody under the poverty rate does not fall into that category. Families living in the suburbs still fall under the poverty rate. They arent more inclined to do violent crimes. So even though you think you have numbers to back it up, they really prove nothing.

But you have to be charged with a crime in order to be in the statistic. Just because you think or seen some one do a crime doesn't mean the police will get them.