Wack100 Goes OFF on Just Blaze in a Clubhouse debate : Calls Ice T, Pac,Kurupt Turnouts to

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
But it didn't have the same complaints. Which is what I'm talking about. The type of shyt Jay was rapping about on "RD" half the rap game was doing. It didn't stand out at all.

For the record I don't care about Source reviews. That's not even the point. Jay wasn't considered anything special off "RD". We've had a dozen threads on this. They always turn out the same way.

Fred.
The reviewer said doggystyle was rushed lol

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reviewer said doggystyle was rushed lol

I dunno how old you was when Doggystyle came out, but that part was true. Dre even admitted this himself. The reason why it was rushed was because of the unknown factor of Snoop's fate over his murder charge. The song, THE NEXT EPISODE was supposed to be on that album and it never did because it wasn't finished and mastered, despite it being on the album credits. So, that was a FAIR assessment. Not to mention that people's anticipation for the album and the hype was unrealistically high, that people were slightly letdown because it wasn't some "next to Jesus" experience and even complained about it having way too many features even with songs that barely had Snoop in it.

It became in retrospective a certified classic and people who downed it was tripping... but that was indeed the general consensus of that moment. People's expectations were WAY TOO HIGH along with it was a rushed product that Dre wasn't ready to released it. I think either Suge or Interscope overruled Dre's hesitancy.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I dunno how old you was when Doggystyle came out, but that part was true. Dre even admitted this himself. The reason why it was rushed was because of the unknown factor of Snoop's fate over his murder charge. The song, THE NEXT EPISODE was supposed to be on that album and it never did because it wasn't finished and mastered, despite it being on the album credits. So, that was a FAIR assessment. Not to mention that people's anticipation for the album and the hype was unrealistically high, that people were slightly letdown because it wasn't some "next to Jesus" experience and even complained about it having way too many features even with songs that barely had Snoop in it.

It became in retrospective a certified classic and people who downed it was tripping... but that was indeed the general consensus of that moment. People's expectations were WAY TOO HIGH along with it was a rushed product that Dre wasn't ready to released it. I think either Suge or Interscope overruled Dre's hesitancy.
That album was a instant classic just like Ready to Die, Me Against the World & The Chronic. The source was wrong more than right is all I’m saying

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But it didn't have the same complaints. Which is what I'm talking about. The type of shyt Jay was rapping about on "RD" half the rap game was doing. It didn't stand out at all.

For the record I don't care about Source reviews. That's not even the point. Jay wasn't considered anything special off "RD". We've had a dozen threads on this. They always turn out the same way.

Fred.

Exactly. East Coast rap in the mid-90's was on mafioso type of rap. Stylistically, Reasonable Doubt and It Was Written were basically the same and they both came out just two weeks apart from each other.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That album was a instant classic just like Ready to Die, Me Against the World & The Chronic. The source was wrong more than right is all I’m saying

Doggystlye is a classic and one of the best albums ever. That wasn't point. The POINT is because of how huge and impactful and immediately influential THE CHRONIC was, people's EXPECTATIONS for Snoop's album was UNREALISTICALLY HIGH added onto the fact that Snoop caught a murder charge which put pressure to get the album DONE and released ASAP. So, Doggystyle was technically an UNFINISHED album due to that.

As I said, THIS SONG was supposed to be on the album and even was in the album credits.:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The album has been my fav since I first heard it in 96, and got major play around my way, and I’m from Detroit.

best-albums-1996.jpg.cf.jpg

I mean....that's all fine and well but the album had song placement on a major movie soundtrack....guest appearances by Mary J. Blige and BIG....and still struggled to go gold:

JAY-Z's 'Reasonable Doubt' Was Not an Instant Classic

When Reasonable Doubt was first released in 1996 it peaked at No. 23 on the charts and sold 420,000 copies.

So :yeshrug:

Fred.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

@15:03

Also in this video he calls 2pac, ice t and Kurupt outs and that he doesn't respect them for that

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
See THATS why I have no problems whatsoever when Jay-Z bigs himself up and calls himself the greatest. You keep saying something over a period of time and people are going to believe you. Jay made it his MISSION in life to name check every goddamn thing he ever achieved, hell he even has semi-successfully revamped history and made people believe that Reasonable Doubt was this all time classic when it dropped.

Nas is my estimation is the best ever. He’s also lowkey. He DOES push himself and self mythologize as all GOATS do, but he’s never too in your face about it. But see being that way also gives haters and nikkas with agendas ammo to talk slick, sideways, and outright LIE about shyt.

Fact is that Nas in 1996, had his second album debut at number 1 and spend FOUR CONSECUTIVE WEEKS at the top slot. If thats not a rapper that was “running shyt” I don’t know what is. Nas accomplished this in the year of 2pac, The Fugees, Outkast and other top rappers, not to mention Pop and Rock acts. Nas charted higher and sold A LOT more than Jay-Z in 96. Nas’s first week of I am also outsold Jay-Z’s first week of Vol 3 in 99.

But Nas very rarely brags about his album sales or how dominant he actually was AMONGST his peers during his peak. He definitely lets it be known that lyrically he’s one of the greatest, but sometimes I wish he’d hit these nikkas over the head with just how much he’s accomplished outside of Illmatic. 2Pac was a FAN of Nas. Jay-Z was/is a FAN of Nas. Biggie loved Nas. It wasn’t just because he was their lyrical contemporary. Its because he was just as successful as they were during their primes. Say what you want about Nastradamus, but how many rappers have had the juice to release TWO platinum albums in the SAME year? DMX, Nas, Pac, Future. And thats it. Not Jay, Em, 50, Drake, Kendrick, Sean, or anybody else.

this nikka knows wtf he is talking about.
I can’t even front nuff said.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So much revisionist history goes on nowadays, its...:scust:

To be clear, its not just Wack, either. I see it too often, from posters within these threads. :smh: I was in Junior High, in 98'. The ONLY competition to Jay in 98', was X. Posters in here, listing Nas. :mjlol:

Nas lost some sort of sizzle in ppls eyes, for being flip-floppy, musically.

Jay and X were the toast of the town, period. Whether X was bigger than Jay, is another argument, but X was in everything (music, movies, etc). Cash Money was certainly ascending, and nggas were fukkin wit them heavy (as Southern artists). Juvy was definitely up there (as something new to the scene), but he wasn't X and Hov level. :mjlol:

If anything, it was their movement (refreshing), as a whole, garnering that level of popularity...

AngelicRedAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif

with Juvy as the spearhead. Again, this was 1998, when NY, was NY, when it came to hip-hop. NY had all the heavyweights, and was the bastion (Jay, X, Nas, Pun, Lox, Cam, Puff etc...). Baby may have felt how he felt, but I'm sure nggas were payin Hov and Rocafella homage. Maybe not Baby, Juvy, Slim, etc...they were grown men. But Wayne, Turk, and BG were youngins. Them nggas were probably star-struck, at them east coast titans...:ohhh::gladbron:

:lolbron::lolbron:

Wayne certainly had a thing for Jay, as he ascended, down the line. He knew what it was, and did wanna be up under the ROC imprint. Like others already said, WTF is Wack even arguing about, once Just said he was there? :rudy: Wack is a clown.

A few things to make clear. DMX was THAT DUDE. That's not even questioned. Jay-Z in '98 ascended to be that dude because he had THREE simultaneous hits going at the same time. But we just aren't going to ignore how huge OUTKAST was. We DAMN SURE ISN'T going to play LAURYN HILL who was bigger than ALL OF THEM at the moment. It is FAIR to put Juvie right there because, out side of NYC... Juvie was EVERYWHERE. He sold JUST AS MUCH as DMX and damn near sold as much as the Hard Knock Life album. Juvie had BIGGER SINGLES than DMX at that time. NYC may look at it different, but the rest of the country... go to the clubs and the many hoods of USA, and I know this because of being in the Army at the time and been to many states across the country. JUVIE was that DUDE. Cash Money and NO LIMIT dominated damn near everywhere back in those days. So it is a FAIR argument to make.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was called classic well before the blueprint 1. The only time he mentioned it in song was on Hard knock life. Other than that. the Hiphop community championed that album after vol1 was disappointing. It’s not a coincidence he became the guy with vol 2 overnight. It was based off his previous work

People wasn't calling Reasonable Doubt a classic. They WAS calling Vol.1 a disappointment, but it wasn't because of how they hailed Reasonable Doubt, but because Jay-Z was caught up in the whole PUFFY movement and tried to make music sounding like that. Just because Jay-Z had the vintage sophomore jinx doesn't automatically elevated Reasonable Doubt to classic status at that time.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
This shows how truly lame Chattyhouse is and how dumb alotta these takes sound out loud.

Most of these dudes ain't never been outside outside really and it shows because they think they can get away with all kinds of fly talk.

That and some dudes just be ready to die on the worst hills ever.

All bad and a terrible combination. That app literally gets worse by the week.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So a dude with a hot album just instantly call the guy after one album lol that has never happened in Hiphop.

Nas
Cube
Snoop
Etc..

Were all alive and well but yet Hov became the guy in 98’ shyt wasn’t just because vol 2. It was everything leading up to vol 2
:what: nikka DMX did it literally that same year. fukk is u talkin bout?

Daps
lmao nothing is an all time classic when it first drops that status is earned over time with Jay-Z has earned that with Reasonable Doubt, which has survived the test of time

it doesn't matter if you think Nas is better, I do to, it doesn't take away Jay-Z has stood the test of time and is one of the GOATs it is absurd to say anything other than that

False