Wack100 Goes OFF on Just Blaze in a Clubhouse debate : Calls Ice T, Pac,Kurupt Turnouts to

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
People hate jay success so much they cling to 96 & 97 like their life depended on it. It’s damn near 30 years and this is still a discussion lol

like he didn’t put out Imaginary Player and shyt all over these rappers lifestyles in 97 :wow:

he was drinking Cristal when a lot of them thought it was beer and shyt :picard:

he was rocking Platinum when a lot of them thought it was silver and shyt :picard:

he was that dude and then 98 came he was pushing the drop top Bentley through the hood :damn:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Y’all kill me with this shyt lol. So jay is the only rapper to say how great he is lol

bu bu he did it too much and people believed it.

To be fair Jay went on a "'Reasonable Doubt' was a classic!" campaign and people did buy into it. When that album made very little noise in real time. :manny:

Fred.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
So much revisionist history goes on nowadays, its...:scust:

To be clear, its not just Wack, either. I see it too often, from posters within these threads. :smh: I was in Junior High, in 98'. The ONLY competition to Jay in 98', was X. Posters in here, listing Nas. :mjlol:

Nas lost some sort of sizzle in ppls eyes, for being flip-floppy, musically.

Jay and X were the toast of the town, period. Whether X was bigger than Jay, is another argument, but X was in everything (music, movies, etc). Cash Money was certainly ascending, and nggas were fukkin wit them heavy (as Southern artists). Juvy was definitely up there (as something new to the scene), but he wasn't X and Hov level. :mjlol:

If anything, it was their movement (refreshing), as a whole, garnering that level of popularity...

AngelicRedAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif

with Juvy as the spearhead. Again, this was 1998, when NY, was NY, when it came to hip-hop. NY had all the heavyweights, and was the bastion (Jay, X, Nas, Pun, Lox, Cam, Puff etc...). Baby may have felt how he felt, but I'm sure nggas were payin Hov and Rocafella homage. Maybe not Baby, Juvy, Slim, etc...they were grown men. But Wayne, Turk, and BG were youngins. Them nggas were probably star-struck, at them east coast titans...:ohhh::gladbron:

:lolbron::lolbron:

Wayne certainly had a thing for Jay, as he ascended, down the line. He knew what it was, and did wanna be up under the ROC imprint. Like others already said, WTF is Wack even arguing about, once Just said he was there? :rudy: Wack is a clown.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Y’all kill me with this shyt lol. So jay is the only rapper to say how great he is lol

bu bu he did it too much and people believed it.
Nah he not the only rapper. He one of the first to really do it tho. Now all these goofy nikkas try to do what he did but have less than half the talent as him. Same with the “no writing” shyt. He even says he regrets it because these nikkas ain’t even mastering writing first before they running wit that bullshyt.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
To be fair Jay went on a "'Reasonable Doubt' was a classic!" campaign and people did buy into it. When that album made very little noise in real time. :manny:

Fred.
It was called classic well before the blueprint 1. The only time he mentioned it in song was on Hard knock life. Other than that. the Hiphop community championed that album after vol1 was disappointing. It’s not a coincidence he became the guy with vol 2 overnight. It was based off his previous work

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
So much revisionist history goes on nowadays, its...:scust:

To be clear, its not just Wack, either. I see it too often, from posters within these threads. :smh: I was in Junior High, in 98'. The ONLY competition to Jay in 98', was X. Posters in here, listing Nas. :mjlol:

Jay and X were the toast of the town, period. Whether X was bigger than Jay, is another argument, but X was in everything (music, movies, etc). Cash Money was certainly ascending, and nggas were fukkin wit them heavy (as Southern artists). Juvy was definitely up there (as something new to the scene), but he wasn't X and Hov level. :mjlol:

If anything, it was their movement (refreshing), as a whole, garnering that level of popularity...

AngelicRedAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif

with Juvy as the spearhead. Again, this 98', when NY, was NY, when it came to hip-hop. NY had all the heavyweights, and was the bastion (Jay, X, Nas, Pun, Lox, Cam, Puff etc...). Baby may have felt how he felt, but I'm sure nggas were payin Hov and Rocafella homage. Maybe not Baby, Juvy, Slim, etc...they were grown men. But Wayne, Turk, and BG were youngins. Them nggas were probably star-struck, at them east coast titans...:ohhh::gladbron:

:lolbron::lolbron:

Wayne certainly had a thing for Jay, as he ascended, down the line. He knew what it was, and did wanna be up under the ROC imprint. Like others already said, WTF is Wack even arguing about, once Just said he was there? :rudy: Wack is a clown.
Who mentioned Nas in 98? I clearly said DMX was Jay’s only comp. I said the next year over it was Nas, DMX, Eminem, and Juvy who were all basically neck and neck. That’s facts.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
It was called classic well before the blueprint 1. The only time he mentioned it in song was on Hard knock life. Other than that. the Hiphop community championed that album after vol1 was disappointing. It’s not a coincidence he became the guy with vol 2 overnight. It was based off his previous work
This is lies. It was more based off of the lead single “Hard Knock Life” and the fact he became heavily associated with X and Ruff Ryders. Money Ain’t A Thang was dope but it didn’t push him like that. It was on JD’s album first as well. Don’t get it twisted nikkas fukked wit Jay already but that lead single and DMX being so close in proximity pushed that nikka out of the stratosphere. I know this for a fact. I was a DJ at the time and I went to the Hard Knock Life tour.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is lies. It was more based off of the lead single “Hard Knock Life” and the fact he was became heavily associated with X and Ruff Ryders. Don’t get it twisted nikkas fukked wit Jay already but that lead single and DMX being so close in proximity pushed that nikka out of the stratosphere. I know this for a fact. I was a DJ at the time and I went to the Hard Knock Life tour.
So a dude with a hot album just instantly call the guy after one album lol that has never happened in Hiphop.

Nas
Cube
Snoop
Etc..

Were all alive and well but yet Hov became the guy in 98’ shyt wasn’t just because vol 2. It was everything leading up to vol 2

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was called classic well before the blueprint 1.

To who? :dahell:

I knew one guy that had that album when it came out. Nobody really cared about Jay when "RD" dropped. Even The Source review mentioned he sounded like a gang of other rappers already in that lane. Mafioso/crime rap was a dime a dozen in 1996.

So a dude with a hot album just instantly call the guy after one album lol

That's exactly what happened to BIG. :dahell:

Fred.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Wack the type of nikka to try to bully you for your opinion. “fukk you mean you think Lebron is better than Jordan? nikka you better change your mind....on Piru” :birdman:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I knew one guy that had that album when it came out. Nobody really cared about Jay when "RD" dropped. Even The Source review mentioned he sounded like a gang of other rappers already in that lane. Mafioso/crime rap was a dime a dozen in 1996.

Fred.
The source also gave Snoop debut the same rating as Hov. So idk what to tell u

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The source also gave Snoop debut the same rating as Hov. So idk what to tell u

But it didn't have the same complaints. Which is what I'm talking about. The type of shyt Jay was rapping about on "RD" half the rap game was doing. It didn't stand out at all.

For the record I don't care about Source reviews. That's not even the point. Jay wasn't considered anything special off "RD". We've had a dozen threads on this. They always turn out the same way.

Fred.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's exactly what happened to BIG. :dahell:

Fred.

The album has been my fav since I first heard it in 96, and got major play around my way, and I’m from Detroit.

best-albums-1996.jpg.cf.jpg