Vory - Mob Ties (Drake Reference Track Leaked)

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it's fukk drake but... This is normal occurence in rap since forever..it similar to jay-z "can I get a"... Ja rule had the hook and flow going already... literally gave jay-z the track..

Again it's the only part of the battle I disliked.. Kendrick fans doing too much.

Any real rap fans said he beat drake off the first song alone...but talk in here acting like new rules apply.

This is more of a "demo" track than a literal reference track...

This exist and doesn't have the same energy

Both demos that was flipped but kept the same core

There’s also this

If you fast forward to 1:38 Jays verse is def similar to what Future laid down.

Then this

Bars are different but cadence is the same.

:yeshrug:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Y'all are trippin, it's a homage 'pen is so nice" :troll:
It's crazy the amount of money he's sent out to rappers for blatantly jackin their lyrics but don't forget "my pen is one of the nicest" according to that clip.
He continues to lie about your ghostwriters, lied about your crew members :mjlol:

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In songwriting, cadence/melody/hook is by far the most important part, it's the biggest deal. The reference track lets the person know how to rap the lyrics, when and where to say this and that, etc... The "What" of it, like what's actually being said, is probably 3 or 4 on the list of what's important..

You can just give someone a sheet of paper that you wrote a verse for them on...if they don't know how to spit it correctly it's gonna sound awful bro, that's the point of a reference track. Cardi B, for example, I heard from people who would know that she listens to it in the gym, on the plane, etc... for a few weeks...then she goes in and just does her rendition of it and boom, hit record. Disgusting.
You right. Seems like you could just go over it with them though. But I guess if your writing for someone not in the same room with you references are the only way. I was thinking of it more in the vein of the writer sitting right next to you.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know it's fukk drake but... This is normal occurence in rap since forever..it similar to jay-z "can I get a"... Ja rule had the hook and flow going already... literally gave jay-z the track..

Again it's the only part of the battle I disliked.. Kendrick fans doing too much.

Any real rap fans said he beat drake off the first song alone...but talk in here acting like new rules apply.

This is more of a "demo" track than a literal reference track...

This exist and doesn't have the same energy

Both demos that was flipped but kept the same core

Again....HOOKS Are NOT the same as VERSES

Did Mariah Carey write "U Make Me Wanna" for Jadakiss?

Did Kelly Price write "Mo Money Mo Problems" for Biggie?

Did Missy Elliot write "You Wont See Me Tonight" for Nas?

No they wrote the hooks...hooks are not rap verses. What about this is difficult to understand?

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Bishop Brigante @ 0:02
Hush @ 1:44
JD Era @ 3:13
Freaky Ass nikka @ 3:56

This is when I was sure this nikka had more help than just Nick F

i remember be
My last thing on this;

:dahell: How bad is OVO quality control? No other single rapper (we respect for their pen) done had this many leaks.

I've heard Kanye leaks...but, that's fukking Kanye.
funny thing is Kanye leaks his own shyt and pretends it was an actual leak these days that why mfs who truely follow him still nowadays knows so much about that vultures album.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He can write but like I said he just needs help with structure of the song. It's a shame as we aren't used to seeing stuff like this in Hip Hop...I dont want to hear about Lil Kim etc, I am talking about the top MC's at a point having reference tracks out there. shyt is wild.

Imagine hearing a reference track for Dead Presidents, or Nas is Like :snoop:

Imagine how much better Pac,Nas,Cube,Jay,Scarface wouldve been if they couldve just got Nate Dog,R Kelly,Johny P,Levitti,Lil Jon,Future etc to do reference hooks,then pretended like they made the hook themselves:mjlol:

Im talking about better commercially speaking. So basically all this talk about his historic run for all these years should be dead. Have you really proven yourself to be a star? If one of the greats even had a feature doing all of their hooks they wouldve been called out. People wouldve said how they cant do their own hooks lol. Drake trying to use a workaround then take all the credit for his ability as a hitmaker. Well you are a hitmaker but its a weird hybrid of Diddy,and an emcee thats actually credible.

Without all the hits,and melodies that gets him extra credit for diversity/longevity? Drake pen aint sharp enough alone to be in discussions with ALOT of people. Hes currently behind Fab,and God knows how many mixtape rappers who couldnt make hits. Put him behind Joe Budden too while we are at it. Im just taking away all that hitmaker messiah talk they put on him. Ill give him most of his pen where hes rapping. But its just not good enough all time if you not ACTUALLY a duel threat.

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there is an issue with standards in hip hop. Being an old head, there were high standards for originality in writing, cadence, style, flows, but as hip hop became more pop, the product itself became more important to the casuals than the art behind it. It is hard to reason with someone who has low standards. The case seems the same here. I saw on twitter two common responses, "Vory is credited, so who says the reference is even exposure, he gave him credit", and "who cares, just because someone else wrote it, it doesn't change the fact it's a bop"... Both of these are true, who cares right? Who cares about anything really, right? I guess no one cares when you have no artistic standards... These lack of standards reflect an inauthentic, cosmetic culture sadly. I like to remain hopeful that the youngins' will see the beef and the nature of inauthencity and get back to the roots and originality of the artform.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
My last thing on this;

:dahell: How bad is OVO quality control? No other single rapper (we respect for their pen) done had this many leaks.

I've heard Kanye leaks...but, that's fukking Kanye.

Maybe instead of having their shooters do TikTok. They should have them keep an eye on their engineer's (the one's that know where the Stems, and .WAV files are kept):manny:

Last edited:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine how much better Pac,Nas,Cube,Jay,Scarface wouldve been if they couldve just got Nate Dog,R Kelly,Johny P,Levitti,Lil Jon,Future etc to do reference hooks,then pretended like they made the hook themselves:mjlol:

Im talking about better commercially speaking. So basically all this talk about his historic run for all these years should be dead. Have you really proven yourself to be a star? If one of the greats even had a feature doing all of their hooks they wouldve been called out. People wouldve said how they cant do their own hooks lol. Drake trying to use a workaround then take all the credit for his ability as a hitmaker. Well you are a hitmaker but its a weird hybrid of Diddy,and an emcee thats actually credible.

Without all the hits,and melodies that gets him extra credit for diversity/longevity? Drake pen aint sharp enough alone to be in discussions with ALOT of people. Hes currently behind Fab,and God knows how many mixtape rappers who couldnt make hits. Put him behind Joe Budden too while we are at it. Im just taking away all that hitmaker messiah talk they put on him. I’ll give him most of his pen where hes rapping. But it’s just not good enough all time if you not ACTUALLY a duel threat.
/thread