Vory - Mob Ties (Drake Reference Track Leaked)

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I think there is an issue with standards in hip hop. Being an old head, there were high standards for originality in writing, cadence, style, flows, but as hip hop became more pop, the product itself became more important to the casuals than the art behind it. It is hard to reason with someone who has low standards. The case seems the same here. I saw on twitter two common responses, "Vory is credited, so who says the reference is even exposure, he gave him credit", and "who cares, just because someone else wrote it, it doesn't change the fact it's a bop"... Both of these are true, who cares right? Who cares about anything really, right? I guess no one cares when you have no artistic standards... These lack of standards reflect an inauthentic, cosmetic culture sadly. I like to remain hopeful that the youngins' will see the beef and the nature of inauthencity and get back to the roots and originality of the artform.

No artistic standards just opens the door for AI to come in and decimate real people making art. These folks who defend this shyt don't even realize the road they're going down accepting this blatant disrespect of what Hip Hop is supposed to be.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Again....HOOKS Are NOT the same as VERSES

Did Mariah Carey write "U Make Me Wanna" for Jadakiss?

Did Kelly Price write "Mo Money Mo Problems" for Biggie?

Did Missy Elliot write "You Wont See Me Tonight" for Nas?

No they wrote the hooks...hooks are not rap verses. What about this is difficult to understand?
Notice.. I am not debating that dude wrote part of the song for drake...they are clear bars that are intact...

Just the illusion that all of a sudden drake is milli vaniilli when it's been exposed and other are doing it..did it.. they are writing credits on old albums where one guy is all over the album for some reason...

Everyone knows this...

Why is this new for some of y'all?? Would y'all do that if it wasn't for the drake witch hunt?

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Again....HOOKS Are NOT the same as VERSES

Did Mariah Carey write "U Make Me Wanna" for Jadakiss?

Did Kelly Price write "Mo Money Mo Problems" for Biggie?

Did Missy Elliot write "You Wont See Me Tonight" for Nas?

No they wrote the hooks...hooks are not rap verses. What about this is difficult to understand?
Bro did backflips to try to make that shyt the smoking gun.

I mean, I like Drake songs. He makes great music but why are these people denying what he’s doing? The music still great. The mother fukker is just a fraud. It is what it is.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Notice.. I am not debating that dude wrote part of the song for drake...they are clear bars that are intact...

Just the illusion that all of a sudden drake is milli vaniilli when it's been exposed and other are doing it..did it.. they are writing credits on old albums where one guy is all over the album for some reason...

Everyone knows this...

Why is this new for some of y'all?? Would y'all do that if it wasn't for the drake witch hunt?
drake is a pop star.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there is an issue with standards in hip hop. Being an old head, there were high standards for originality in writing, cadence, style, flows, but as hip hop became more pop, the product itself became more important to the casuals than the art behind it. It is hard to reason with someone who has low standards. The case seems the same here. I saw on twitter two common responses, "Vory is credited, so who says the reference is even exposure, he gave him credit", and "who cares, just because someone else wrote it, it doesn't change the fact it's a bop"... Both of these are true, who cares right? Who cares about anything really, right? I guess no one cares when you have no artistic standards... These lack of standards reflect an inauthentic, cosmetic culture sadly. I like to remain hopeful that the youngins' will see the beef and the nature of inauthencity and get back to the roots and originality of the artform.
To a certain crowd they really won't care. But that crowd never did care. That crowd ain't sitting around debating "who's the best MC?"

At this point anyone who does partake in those discussions will instantly get shut down if they say Drake.

Drake was never really a particularly deep rapper when it comes to substance. His biggest asset has always been his versatility and his ability to make hits. But now we know that he isn't actually creating those hits or styles or flows, he is just buying them. He ain't a biter or a swagger jacker, he is worse, he is a purchaser. A rich kid who pays others to give him style.

There will always be those who don't care about the artistry, and there will be those that do.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I know it's fukk drake but... This is normal occurence in rap since forever..it similar to jay-z "can I get a"... Ja rule had the hook and flow going already... literally gave jay-z the track..

Again it's the only part of the battle I disliked.. Kendrick fans doing too much.

Any real rap fans said he beat drake off the first song alone...but talk in here acting like new rules apply.

This is more of a "demo" track than a literal reference track...

This exist and doesn't have the same energy

Both demos that was flipped but kept the same core

Please let us not compare Jay buying a hook/flow idea with an ENTIRE SONG being written for Drake.

shakobe

All Star
Daps
If any of em timestamp tracks got a reference track Aubrey is officially Ja Rule status and ain't no goin back. Most of these other ones got writers credited and they flows you can tell he referenced or sharked already rumors and speculation on some of em that we got confirmed but those timestamp ones supposed to be him on his straight rappin tip. If he got references for em he gotta quit rappin :camby:
It might be

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it's fukk drake but... This is normal occurence in rap since forever..it similar to jay-z "can I get a"... Ja rule had the hook and flow going already... literally gave jay-z the track..

Again it's the only part of the battle I disliked.. Kendrick fans doing too much.

Any real rap fans said he beat drake off the first song alone...but talk in here acting like new rules apply.

This is more of a "demo" track than a literal reference track...

This exist and doesn't have the same energy

Both demos that was flipped but kept the same core

:mjlol:embarrassing post

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To a certain crowd they really won't care. But that crowd never did care. That crowd ain't sitting around debating "who's the best MC?"

At this point anyone who does partake in those discussions will instantly get shut down if they say Drake.

Drake was never really a particularly deep rapper when it comes to substance. His biggest asset has always been his versatility and his ability to make hits. But now we know that he isn't actually creating those hits or styles or flows, he is just buying them. He ain't a biter or a swagger jacker, he is worse, he is a purchaser. A rich kid who pays others to give him style.

There will always be those who don't care about the artistry, and there will be those that do.

So Malibu most wanted :lolbron:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
If that family matters shyt comes out my god. That might truly damage Aubrey's career for real. That 3rd flow and verse was pretty much the only redeeming part of the song. I even said that 3rd part was one of drake's greatest flows/melodies ever. He floated on that.

If it turns out he lifted that, he's DONE. He's gonna crucified. This mob ties shyt already got some of his usual supporters switchin up on him. But that's gonna be a whole different level. Final nail in the coffin type shyt.
That third verse is the main reason that song stay in rotation. He was on demon time there. This nikka ain’t even write that shyt though? My lord the shameful ass cac tactics. This dude might not even be mixed. He might be a tan 100% jew

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
The funniest part is people waiting for a timestamp reference track as if that’s what made Drake, Drake. It’s these melodies and hooks…that he’s not writing. :skip:

Exactly, those songs have no hooks or melodies…. He shouldn’t need a reference tracks for those