Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
its not about what thecoli says
its about what the movie is about

but your African - so your like your countryman Akon … u think ADOS/FBA should just forget about slavery
I don't think you know what countryman means

how many times am I gonna keep sonning you? :wow:

the Yoa Ming reach you did with that last sentence. all from my first post

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Another point to be made, while everyone is looking over to Africa with disdain under this magical premise that all the continental Africans were the ones who participated in the slave trade (not true) but here is one for the ados/fba crowd,

Many of those slave traders were betrayed at the shores and thrown on the ships right along with the ones intended for slavery. Yea shocking right. Especially after the British abolished the slave trade in 1808. So yes, some of your ancestors who you would call "ados" or "fba" were also slave traders.

Also selling out happened here by black Americans during and after the slave trade all the way up til now in the form of gang wars and drug and gun distribution. Point is selling out is not isolated to the African continent. Nobody has a monopoly on being a sell out.

Yes, that is true. Who here said that was not the case, or that we should have any sympathy for the ones who were betrayed. Who here has said anything about their own ancestors not being complicit at all in the slave trade? I don't remember anyone saying that, and none of what you said changes the fact that it still is a bit silly to cheer on a movie about those who may have helped enslave your own ancestors.

Those who were betrayed were our ancestors too, but that does not negate the fact that what they did was heinous. I don't change my view on whether something was wrong solely based on if the people who are doing it are my own or another group. It was wrong no matter the connection I have with them.

Last edited:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
How does supporting this movie accomplish any of what you are saying in bold? There are a lot more ways to actually participate in the international economy than spending our money in a movie theater supporting a movie whose premise some of us find distasteful? So please, I would like to see how what we are doing in not supporting this particular movie going to harm our people's ability to participate in the international economy (that many of us already do participate in, even if we are oblivious to that fact)?
Nobody said even a little bit that supporting this movie helps us participate in the international economy lol. Man I hate when yall miss the point on purpose.

My point is the back lash is fake outrage. It's bullshyt. It's black people being ashamed. It's black people holding grudges on their own while going broke supporting everyone else. We seriously need to mature become adults and understand there are not people anywhere on the planet that didn't have inner conflict and some bad points to their history. Were simply the only ones bytching about it and using it as a means to drive wedges while all other people on the planet are building unions and pushing us further towards the bottom.

You think the Asians that come over here are coming from wealth and prosperity? I've met Koreans who open businesses here whose families were held in concentration camps back home. There are Mexican migrants here whose families were killed by the cartel. White people had whole world wars where millions died yet they have the European union and other organizations that deal with their unity. Black people want to get to these other groups level but we are not willing to do the things necessary to get there. That's the point. Spare me the personal hurt about this movie when these negros will be smiling in the faces of their oppressors children at work on Monday.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
If you cannot answer my question - why should I answer yours?

I asked the same question 10+ times and none of you can answer but I'm supposed to answer your line of questions?

Yes I'm gonna insult anyone who insults my ancestors.

I ride for mine.

For those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work?
Who has done this. First, point out those who are even doing this in this thread. Or are you doing a blanket insult on all Black Americans who recognize their history in this country? I will point out for myself that I am a Veteran. I served in the US military as an enlisted sailor and later on a Naval Officer. Having done that, it does not stop me from pointing out the BS the US has done around the world causing harm to various communities and nations.

Now, you answer my question.

Last edited:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Yes, that is true. Who here said that was not the case, or that we should have any sympathy for the ones who were betrayed. Who here has said anything about their own ancestors not being complicit at all in the slave trade? I don't remember anyone saying that, and none of what you said changes the fact that it still is a bit silly to cheer on a movie about those who may have helped enslave your own ancestors.

Those who were betrayed where our ancestors too, but that does not negate the fact that what they did was heinous. I don't change my view on whether something was wrong solely based on if the people who are doing it are my own or another group. It was wrong no matter the connection I have with them.
But who said it wasn't heinous? This entire situation we are speaking of is because people want to boycott the movie. We need to be boycotting Christmas and Thanksgiving. But we won't. It speaks more to the fake outrage.

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Going to be brutally honest here

Most black Americans are full of shyt and still struggle with self esteem pride and carry a shame as it pertains to African roots and culture. So when a movie like this comes about black Americans look for the all the reasons not to support it, while looking for all the reasons to support anything white cultured. And that is the root of all this.

White fragility enjoys using times like now to make black people feel ashamed in hopes to exonerate themselves from their own wrongdoing. You almost never hear about the African tribes that never participated in the slave trade and any others you almost will always measure their history based on their participation or not even though the history of many of these tribes begun well before their involvement in the slave trade.

As for the dahomey the entire story of them is never told. They begun not wanting to be apart of the slave trade, they were betrayed by a neighboring tribe who killed all their men. They used the slave trade as a chess move to weaken their enemies, then ultimately once king agaja took over they all female tribe found it better to have a male king and got out the slave trade.

There were many reasons African tribes participated, some had no choice, some were wicked, some got into it figured out it was worst than they thought and got out of it, and some tribes never participated at all.

Regardless I watch white people make multi trillion dollar franchises with their inner conflicts in the forms of 300, game of thrones, Troy, etc and I watched Asians do the same with martial art films and the Latin world does this with their cartel movies. We are the only people harboring personal animosity holding century old grudges while trying to forgive turn the other cheek and spend all our money with every other group of people, who BTW outside of the Asians also played a role in our enslavement lol

And this is why I say we are full of shyt and need to get out our feelings. Every other group is uniting and furthering their stronghold on the international economy and resources while we can't even get off the starting line because we want to fight each other of history while going broke making everyone else rich. Making many groups rich who wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire.

Sigh… You really need to travel and actually live in other countries if you haven’t already.’You know what you’re not going to see in those films? You’re not going to see the Irish glorify the English, You’re not going to see India glorify Pakistan, you’re not going to see the Chinese glorify the Japanese, you’re not going to see the Polish glorify the Russians, and you’re not going to see the Koreans glorify the Japanese. Do you get where I’m going with this?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
you feel me?

"my granddaddy was in World War 2"

but-but-but-but Dahomey

I wonder if there were Black Americans that took part in the 1915 US invasion of Haiti.
I hear you and I am Haitian but I will not hold it against them, the situation is complicated.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I am done with these kinds of movies anyway. Slavery. The struggle. Racism. Jim Crow.

I respect the history and it's important to learn, but at some point you're wallowing in it. If EVERY Black movie stars Oppression.

So I'll just learn the fast way now. Read an article. Maybe a quick YT vid. But traveling to the past for a couple hours submerged in it.. not feeling that anymore.

I gotta think about if this particular movie is a sin tho. Sounds very fishy from the little I know about it. I'll prolly end up reading more about the history of this situation.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another point to be made, while everyone is looking over to Africa with disdain under this magical premise that all the continental Africans were the ones who participated in the slave trade (not true) but here is one for the ados/fba crowd,

Many of those slave traders were betrayed at the shores and thrown on the ships right along with the ones intended for slavery. Yea shocking right. Especially after the British abolished the slave trade in 1808. So yes, some of your ancestors who you would call "ados" or "fba" were also slave traders.

Also selling out happened here by black Americans during and after the slave trade all the way up til now in the form of gang wars and drug and gun distribution. Point is selling out is not isolated to the African continent. Nobody has a monopoly on being a sell out.
Some of the points you are trying to make are seriously ridiculous. No one said that ALL continental Africans participated in the slave trade. The slave trade was an organized affair handled by African middlemen that preyed upon continental Africans.

Second of all why are you defending a slave trading kingdom that had no other known enterprise other than slave trading? It is not like those Dahomey bums were the equal of Oyo, Benin, Mali, Kongo, the Akan, Nri, Mossi or the Hausa. Nope Dahomey were just a bunch of bum nikkas that regularly got punked by Oyo until the White man arrived and gave Dahomey armaments. The White man made Dahomey. Why are y'all defending that c00n shyt?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I wasn't gonna watch the bullshyt anyways and NOW I'm definitely not even gonna watch it... :mjlol: blatantly rewriting History... Before our eyes like muthafukkas can't pick up a book or Google what really happened..:dead:

:whoo: nikka u back? lol

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Who has done this. First, point out those who are even doing this in this thread. Or are you doing a blanket insult on all Black Americans now how recognize their history in this country? I will point out for myself that I am a Veteran. I served in the US military as an enlisted sailor and later on a Naval Officer. Having done that, it does not stop me from pointing out the BS the US has done around the world causing harm to various communities and nations.

Now, you answer my question.

That doesnt answer my question..... you didnt address anything in the question.

The agenda in this thread is "Dahomey are evil"

I mentioned how the Dahomey were being attacked from neighboring kingdoms and were seeking revenge on their enemies.

The "Dahomey are evil" agenda is destroyed when you factor in that hundreds of thousands of Dahomey citizens were trafficked into the new world,

Why dont you wanna acknowledge that their behavior was a reaction to their environment? You wanted them to bend over and get fukked by their rivals? To earn your respect? Turn the other cheek? White jesus?

I'm gonna ask one final time -

For those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Im not going to watch it. But what makes it different than any other slavery or civil rights movies black folks been supporting all these years? Maybe not even supporting,but not boycotting at least. Based on the anti black women agenda Ive been seeing as of late in terms of film. I dont know if this boycott is in good faith.

Would hate to hitch my wagon to a bunch of weirdos:manny:
Your argument isn't in good faith. The difference between this film and the others, is that they didn't try to make the people responsible into heroes. This film has nothing in common with the civil rights films, so I'm not even sure what correlation you were trying to make there.