Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Your ancestors were not some bytch ass innocent victims

They were getting active on the battlefield also.

Stop crying because you LOST.

My ancestors also lost.... thats why they ended up on a sugar cane plantation.

But you dont see me crying about the Yoruba military from the 1600s.

War is war.
First, have you ever even been in the military? Have you been in war at all? Did you have a rank, or are you a chicken hawk, talking big game but have never even worn a uniform for the country you live in or the one you like to represent. You speak on the past a lot about war, but that was not you. You are just a big mouth on a forum, unless you can actually show that you have even been through basic training or bootcamp.

You talk a big game, but all you are is talk. You are so angry because some of us choose to not support a movie about some of our ancestors slavers, but why are you overly angry about that? Why do you feel the need to post over and over again, when you have already made it clear that you identify with your slaver ancestors. We understand, you think that makes you hard. but It doesn't, only real action can do that. You beating your chest and insulting those who do not support this movie is not real action, it is not combat, so it is not really going to prove how hard you are compared to the rest of us whom you consider soft.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black

For those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work?

I don't know what you are, but people are righteously angry to see slave traders being depicted as virtuous. The slave owners were not virtuous and the slave catchers were not virtuous.

You won't see Jews making films about virtuous Nazis. You won't see women making films about virtuous rapists. But here are two White women and their empowered sister girl allies making a bullshyt movie about the virtuous slave traders.

Daps
I'm not watching the film because it looks like feminist propaganda crap.

"It has slavery and the women were slave traders."

My response: "Yeah I know... And? Plenty of historical polities and people have done fukked up shyt. I doubt anybody is gonna stop watching films, tv shows, etc about them."

I'll just stick with watching things that are good even if it has some immoral people and the polities do/have done immoral actions.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
I don't know what you are, but people are righteously angry to see slave traders being depicted as virtuous. The slave owners were not virtuous and the slave catchers were not virtuous.

You won't see Jews making films about virtuous Nazis. You won't see women making films about virtuous rapists. But here are two White women and their empowered sister girl allies making a bullshyt movie about the virtuous slave traders.

Am I a murderous barbarian or am I victim of the slave trade? Who sold my Dahomey ancestors to the French colony of Saint-Domingue?

And why are my ancestors condemned for seeking revenge against those who disrespected them?

Answer those questions.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
My ancestors were enslaved under the French crown.

I just find it funny that the same nikkas that brag about fighting in every single war for the American power structure wanna give me "morality speeches" about African militaries from 300 years ago.

Comedy.
No, you threw yourself in the discussion by trying to tell people who do not support the movie that they are soft. You started the insults, and now you are trying to stand back and complain about the responses you are getting about your insults.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Going to be brutally honest here

Most black Americans are full of shyt and still struggle with self esteem pride and carry a shame as it pertains to African roots and culture. So when a movie like this comes about black Americans look for the all the reasons not to support it, while looking for all the reasons to support anything white cultured. And that is the root of all this.

White fragility enjoys using times like now to make black people feel ashamed in hopes to exonerate themselves from their own wrongdoing. You almost never hear about the African tribes that never participated in the slave trade and any others you almost will always measure their history based on their participation or not even though the history of many of these tribes begun well before their involvement in the slave trade.

As for the dahomey the entire story of them is never told. They begun not wanting to be apart of the slave trade, they were betrayed by a neighboring tribe who killed all their men. They used the slave trade as a chess move to weaken their enemies, then ultimately once king agaja took over they all female tribe found it better to have a male king and got out the slave trade.

There were many reasons African tribes participated, some had no choice, some were wicked, some got into it figured out it was worst than they thought and got out of it, and some tribes never participated at all.

Regardless I watch white people make multi trillion dollar franchises with their inner conflicts in the forms of 300, game of thrones, Troy, etc and I watched Asians do the same with martial art films and the Latin world does this with their cartel movies. We are the only people harboring personal animosity holding century old grudges while trying to forgive turn the other cheek and spend all our money with every other group of people, who BTW outside of the Asians also played a role in our enslavement lol

And this is why I say we are full of shyt and need to get out our feelings. Every other group is uniting and furthering their stronghold on the international economy and resources while we can't even get off the starting line because we want to fight each other of history while going broke making everyone else rich. Making many groups rich who wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
No, you threw yourself in the discussion by trying to tell people who do not support the movie that they are soft. You started the insults, and now you are trying to stand back and complain about the responses you are getting about your insults.

Comedy

Imagine a nikka from the Oyo Empire sell my cousin and my father into slavery in the year 1689, and then some fakkits in the year 2022 try to condemn me for riding down on Oyo and slaughtering their mama.

And those same fakkits also brag about "we fought in every single war since the civil war"

Just fall back bro..... lets agree to disagree.

Lets keep it cordial.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Im not going to watch it. But what makes it different than any other slavery or civil rights movies black folks been supporting all these years? Maybe not even supporting,but not boycotting at least. Based on the anti black women agenda Ive been seeing as of late in terms of film. I dont know if this boycott is in good faith.

Would hate to hitch my wagon to a bunch of weirdos:manny:
That’s my fear too

To be honest I’ve not done the research but I’m being cautious and I’m going on what I heard

I heard it was some c00n shyt

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Am I a murderous barbarian or am I victim of the slave trade? Who sold my Dahomey ancestors to the French colony of Saint-Domingue?

And why are my ancestors condemned for seeking revenge against those who disrespected them?

Answer those questions.

You just going all out. You need to take it easy.