Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Going to be brutally honest here

Most black Americans are full of shyt and still struggle with self esteem pride and carry a shame as it pertains to African roots and culture. So when a movie like this comes about black Americans look for the all the reasons not to support it, while looking for all the reasons to support anything white cultured. And that is the root of all this.

White fragility enjoys using times like now to make black people feel ashamed in hopes to exonerate themselves from their own wrongdoing. You almost never hear about the African tribes that never participated in the slave trade and any others you almost will always measure their history based on their participation or not even though the history of many of these tribes begun well before their involvement in the slave trade.

As for the dahomey the entire story of them is never told. They begun not wanting to be apart of the slave trade, they were betrayed by a neighboring tribe who killed all their men. They used the slave trade as a chess move to weaken their enemies, then ultimately once king agaja took over they all female tribe found it better to have a male king and got out the slave trade.

There were many reasons African tribes participated, some had no choice, some were wicked, some got into it figured out it was worst than they thought and got out of it, and some tribes never participated at all.

Regardless I watch white people make multi trillion dollar franchises with their inner conflicts in the forms of 300, game of thrones, Troy, etc and I watched Asians do the same with martial art films and the Latin world does this with their cartel movies. We are the only people harboring personal animosity holding century old grudges while trying to forgive turn the other cheek and spend all our money with every other group of people, who BTW outside of the Asians also played a role in our enslavement lol

And this is why I say we are full of shyt and need to get out our feelings. Every other group is uniting and furthering their stronghold on the international economy and resources while we can't even get off the starting line because we want to fight each other of history while going broke making everyone else rich. Making many groups rich who wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire.
Good points

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
My ancestors were enslaved under the French crown.

I just find it funny that the same nikkas that brag about fighting in every single war for the American power structure wanna give me "morality speeches" about African militaries from 300 years ago.

Comedy.

:russ: that's a pretty good point! lmaooo

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
some of yall are clearly just arguing because you see some black americans being "militant". like yall just automatically took the side of a movie that blatantly is trying to present a false history. And it's kind of sad to see that yall would still do that goofy ass gaslighting bullshyt. trying to make black americans feel wrong for not supporting this bullshyt.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
You just going all out. You need to take it easy.

Just for the record - I asked the same question 10 times in this thread and NONE of you nikkas could drop a straight answer without some "morality babble"

Unless youre gonna drop the same condemnation on the American armed forces - then I'm not hearing shyt.

25% of the US military are Black Americans

Y'all got no room to speak on morality.

Point blank period.

Have a good day bro

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
For those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work? I'm new to this victimhood thing.
this explains a lot.

finally putting you on ignore.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
some of yall are clearly just arguing because you see some black americans being "militant". like yall just automatically took the side of a movie that blatantly is trying to present a false history. And it's kind of sad to see that yall would still do that goofy ass gaslighting bullshyt. trying to make black americans feel wrong for not supporting this bullshyt.

YOU SEE IT.

nikkaS WITH TERRIBLE NON FBA HAIRLINES LIKE @bdizzle LITERALLY
RUN INTO THESE THREADS JUST TO
ANTAGONIZE NATIVE BLACKS.

:devil:
:evil:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Going to be brutally honest here

Most black Americans are full of shyt and still struggle with self esteem pride and carry a shame as it pertains to African roots and culture. So when a movie like this comes about black Americans look for the all the reasons not to support it, while looking for all the reasons to support anything white cultured. And that is the root of all this.

White fragility enjoys using times like now to make black people feel ashamed in hopes to exonerate themselves from their own wrongdoing. You almost never hear about the African tribes that never participated in the slave trade and any others you almost will always measure their history based on their participation or not even though the history of many of these tribes begun well before their involvement in the slave trade.

As for the dahomey the entire story of them is never told. They begun not wanting to be apart of the slave trade, they were betrayed by a neighboring tribe who killed all their men. They used the slave trade as a chess move to weaken their enemies, then ultimately once king agaja took over they all female tribe found it better to have a male king and got out the slave trade.

There were many reasons African tribes participated, some had no choice, some were wicked, some got into it figured out it was worst than they thought and got out of it, and some tribes never participated at all.

Regardless I watch white people make multi trillion dollar franchises with their inner conflicts in the forms of 300, game of thrones, Troy, etc and I watched Asians do the same with martial art films and the Latin world does this with their cartel movies. We are the only people harboring personal animosity holding century old grudges while trying to forgive turn the other cheek and spend all our money with every other group of people, who BTW outside of the Asians also played a role in our enslavement lol

And this is why I say we are full of shyt and need to get out our feelings. Every other group is uniting and furthering their stronghold on the international economy and resources while we can't even get off the starting line because we want to fight each other of history while going broke making everyone else rich. Making many groups rich who wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire.
How does supporting this movie accomplish any of what you are saying in bold? There are a lot more ways to actually participate in the international economy than spending our money in a movie theater supporting a movie whose premise some of us find distasteful? So please, I would like to see how what we are doing in not supporting this particular movie going to harm our people's ability to participate in the international economy (that many of us already do participate in, even if we are oblivious to that fact)?

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Another point to be made, while everyone is looking over to Africa with disdain under this magical premise that all the continental Africans were the ones who participated in the slave trade (not true) but here is one for the ados/fba crowd,

Many of those slave traders were betrayed at the shores and thrown on the ships right along with the ones intended for slavery. Yea shocking right. Especially after the British abolished the slave trade in 1808. So yes, some of your ancestors who you would call "ados" or "fba" were also slave traders.

Also selling out happened here by black Americans during and after the slave trade all the way up til now in the form of gang wars and drug and gun distribution. Point is selling out is not isolated to the African continent. Nobody has a monopoly on being a sell out.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Comedy

Imagine a nikka from the Oyo Empire sell my cousin and my father into slavery in the year 1689, and then some fakkits in the year 2022 try to condemn me for riding down on Oyo and slaughtering their mama.

And those same fakkits also brag about "we fought in every single war since the civil war"

Just fall back bro..... lets agree to disagree.

Lets keep it cordial.
Look, still out here insulting instead of conversing. I've noticed you never answered my question about your experience as an actual warrior? You are quick to insult and call people soft and now fakkits, but have you actually done anything in your life that proves you are any harder than the people you are talking down on?

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Look, still out here insulting instead of conversing. I've noticed you never answered my question about your experience as an actual warrior? You are quick to insult and call people soft and now fakkits, but have you actually done anything in your life that proves you are any harder than the people you are talking down on?

If you cannot answer my question - why should I answer yours?

I asked the same question 10+ times and none of you can answer but I'm supposed to answer your line of questions?

Yes I'm gonna insult anyone who insults my ancestors.

I ride for mine.

For those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work?