Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Nobody said even a little bit that supporting this movie helps us participate in the international economy lol. Man I hate when yall miss the point on purpose.

My point is the back lash is fake outrage. It's bullshyt. It's black people being ashamed. It's black people holding grudges on their own while going broke supporting everyone else. We seriously need to mature become adults and understand there are not people anywhere on the planet that didn't have inner conflict and some bad points to their history. Were simply the only ones bytching about it and using it as a means to drive wedges while all other people on the planet are building unions and pushing us further towards the bottom.

You think the Asians that come over here are coming from wealth and prosperity? I've met Koreans who open businesses here whose families were held in concentration camps back home. There are Mexican migrants here whose families were killed by the cartel. White people had whole world wars where millions died yet they have the European union and other organizations that deal with their unity. Black people want to get to these other groups level but we are not willing to do the things necessary to get there. That's the point. Spare me the personal hurt about this movie when these negros will be smiling in the faces of their oppressors children at work on Monday.
You are making a lot of assumptions about the Black people who are actually complaining. Also, you are making a lot of assumptions about the people who are not Black.

Also, what does Asians and the conditions they came from even have to do with people deciding they are not going to support a movie? How does not supporting a movie hinders us from building unions and organizations for our upliftment? There are plenty of organizations for that, I being in a few of them myself. How about you, are you in some organizations to help alleviate the problems and grow a better community for us? From what you have written, I am of the opinion that you are probably not, because you don't even seem to know anything about them based on this post above.

You talk about Black people being the only ones bytching, when there are people from all other ethnic groups bytching all of the time. You are just focused on looking down on Black people so much, that you have an over inflated view of other people. So I think you probably should deal with your own need to project your own distaste for the people you claim you are a member of, because it seems you really do not know anything about your own people.

Here are a few Websites that will help you actually start to participate in uplifting our people, instead of just complaining ignorantly about us.

Last edited:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Going to be brutally honest here

Most black Americans are full of shyt and still struggle with self esteem pride and carry a shame as it pertains to African roots and culture. So when a movie like this comes about black Americans look for the all the reasons not to support it, while looking for all the reasons to support anything white cultured. And that is the root of all this.

White fragility enjoys using times like now to make black people feel ashamed in hopes to exonerate themselves from their own wrongdoing. You almost never hear about the African tribes that never participated in the slave trade and any others you almost will always measure their history based on their participation or not even though the history of many of these tribes begun well before their involvement in the slave trade.

As for the dahomey the entire story of them is never told. They begun not wanting to be apart of the slave trade, they were betrayed by a neighboring tribe who killed all their men. They used the slave trade as a chess move to weaken their enemies, then ultimately once king agaja took over they all female tribe found it better to have a male king and got out the slave trade.

There were many reasons African tribes participated, some had no choice, some were wicked, some got into it figured out it was worst than they thought and got out of it, and some tribes never participated at all.

Regardless I watch white people make multi trillion dollar franchises with their inner conflicts in the forms of 300, game of thrones, Troy, etc and I watched Asians do the same with martial art films and the Latin world does this with their cartel movies. We are the only people harboring personal animosity holding century old grudges while trying to forgive turn the other cheek and spend all our money with every other group of people, who BTW outside of the Asians also played a role in our enslavement lol

And this is why I say we are full of shyt and need to get out our feelings. Every other group is uniting and furthering their stronghold on the international economy and resources while we can't even get off the starting line because we want to fight each other of history while going broke making everyone else rich. Making many groups rich who wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire.

How is supporting this movie good for Black Americans?

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
US military veterans lecturing me on the morality of African kingdoms.

I know the ancestors dying laughing right now

hahahahahahahahahahahahaah
No, US Military veteran pointing out that you are all talk. You probably have no training, no idea how to even use a weapon, but you talk about being warriors and people being soft. You are in fact soft, projecting that softness on everyone else who does not agree with your positions.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
And I was that close to actually going to watch it :beli:
That trailer is hype as fk especially the song they put it to. Oh well :francis:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
No, US Military veteran pointing out that you are all talk. You probably have no training, no idea how to even use a weapon, but you talk about being warriors and people being soft. You are in fact soft, projecting that softness on everyone else who does not agree with your positions.
For those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work?

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Not a single one of you "morality warriors" can answer a BASIC QUESTION because you know your agenda will crumble once you acknowledge that the Dahomey were indeed one of the biggest victims of the slave trade

You nikkas push propaganda harder than the white boys.

Amateur low-level propagandists

At least the white boys will defend their stance.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Coli logic - "yeah I know youre surrounded by slave raiding kingdoms that have been disrespecting you for centuries and selling you into slavery since the early 1600s.... yeah I know the Oyo Empire forced you to pay taxes in the form of slaves - but you shouldn't seek revenge against your enemies because they look like you"

You nikkas gotta put that new testament bullshyt away...... y'all wanted the Dahomey to bend over and get fukked by the Oyo.

Y'all think getting fukked over and never seeking revenge is honorable and virtuous.

There is a reason why the descendants of the Dahomey are the ONLY ones to launch the only successful slave rebellion in history.

middle-finger-gif-15.gif
Thats great how is it living in Haiti? Im certain its a beautiful country so its no need for you to be in the states.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
But who said it wasn't heinous? This entire situation we are speaking of is because people want to boycott the movie. We need to be boycotting Christmas and Thanksgiving. But we won't. It speaks more to the fake outrage.
Yes, people want to boycott the movie. If it was a movie by a Jew showing Nazis in a good light, most Jews would want to boycott that too. Are you trying to say we should not have the same sort of agency that other groups have concerning how their history is depicted.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Not a single one of you "morality warriors" can answer a BASIC QUESTION because you know your agenda will crumble once you acknowledge that the Dahomey were indeed one of the biggest victims of the slave trade

You nikkas push propaganda harder than the white boys.

Amatuer propagandists

At least the white boys will defend their stance.
No one said they were not a victim. They were also a contributor. Neither one precludes the other from being true.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
For those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work?
I have no idea what this has to do with what a asked you, im not sure who you were talking to but it wasnt me. Take a deep breath of that Hatian air the land of your people i mean i assume you live there right now and can walk outside and just breath the air that your ancestors breathed.

Daps
For the record: Yes the Dahomey Amazons/Mino were brutal slave raiding bytches and I don't think they should be glorified.

As I stated, I'm not opposed to watching fictional TV shows, movies, etc based on historical people, ethnic groups, polities, etc that have done less than favourable actions and participated in awful events.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Are you ethnically Fon or from the Gbe people? Because that is who the people of Dahomey were descended from.

Just because your DNA says Togo/Benin that doesn't mean you are from Dahomey. You could be Yoruba from modern day Nigeria which would make you a victim of Dahomey, because they preyed on the ethnic groups around them.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Well, damn. Man. Idk what to think. :martin: My mom been bytching at me about taking my daughter to see this. Sending me interviews with the cast and shyt lmao. But now I’m catching wind of all this criticism. Trying to discern if this is just right-adjacent/incel bullshyt or if the criticism is legit.