Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Can we all just agree that the film looks like black feminazi garbage. LOL
That's all this movie was. It was an opportunity for "black girl magic" to shine. Braveheart or Troy for black feminists. It had little to do with slavery and more about black women overcoming struggles

For the folks who are against the film, it seems their main focus is the slavery bit.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish there was some way to figure out what our old religion was but all that is long gone.
It depends on where you were they were in Africa, but ancestral worship was pretty wide spread. Voodoo, mysticism, cosmology, including sun worshipping was also pretty widespread. There was also aspects of monotheism present. However it should be noted that Africa played a central role in the early development of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. As the Jews went into Egypt and were called out of Egypt. Christianity as we know it began in Abysinia (modern day Ethiopia). Of course Islam spread into Africa after the death of Mohammed.

Interestingly enough Judaism and it's offshoots of Christianity and Islam are a combination of many of the qualities mentioned above.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Black history movie comes out, everyone becomes a historian and critic. White history movie comes out and it's entertainment. :francis:
Not true. I remember when Mel Gibson's The Patriot and Braveheart came out many people criticized the historical inaccuracies of both movies. Also, a movie Clint Eastwood made, The Flags of Our Father's.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Not true. I remember when Mel Gibson's The Patriot and Braveheart came out many people criticized the historical inaccuracies of both movies. Also, a movie Clint Eastwood made, The Flags of Our Father's.
That's actually a fair statement; however, I don't recall anyone talking about protesting the film.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
movie was the dopest shyt ive seen
in the last 15 years.
some of you incel fakkits need
to have a serious sit down with ya'lls
mama's and ask about the naked
nikkas in the dress socks you called
uncles plowing her out while you watched
cartoons at the foot of her bed.
qfrshiJ.gif

that real captain crunch hit different
than that king viamins the uncles
dropped off didnt it?
knowimtalmbout?
OEEwBpr.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Lotta agendas in this thread.

Be sober. There is a reason right wingers are pushing for a boycott.

Suddenly this movie has to be historically accurate.

American history isn't even historically accurate.....tell the truth and they say you are woke.

But you all cook.
This right here. Columbus Day is still a national holiday. Why are people all of a sudden concerned about historical accuracy in movies? That Harriet Tubman movie played out like she was one of the avengers. We should support it because it puts money in the pocket of black women.

I have a suspicion that this move was started by white folks who are laughing their asses off, and lot of these people outraged had no idea what happened back then until they saw something to be outraged about.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This right here. Columbus Day is still a national holiday. Why are people all of a sudden concerned about historical accuracy in movies? That Harriet Tubman movie played out like she was one of the avengers. We should support it because it puts money in the pocket of black women.

I have a suspicion that this move was started by white folks who are laughing their asses off, and lot of these people outraged had no idea what happened back then until they saw something to be outraged about.
The movie was made by two white women :mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Show me what you can do with the palm oil.