Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This article does a pretty good job of describing some of the inaccuracies in the film.

I think people have a legitimate reason to be mad here.

Pulled a coup on his father,then sold his half brothers mama into slavery:picard:?

Sounds a lot more heavy than the trailer suggest.

My thing is if most of you believe you came to the Americas by way of slavery that would make you African. So how the hell are you trying to seperate yourself? These may or may not have been "your people":francis:

Then you make statements like "Africans sold us into slavery". As if to say Africans who had their family members sold off,who didnt get captured or sold. Didnt suffer over their family members being stolen from them:gucci:

This is simply apart of our history,and alot of you need to watch this in 2022. Because alot of you need a strong reminder that "your people" aint always your people:respect:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pulled a coup on his father,then sold his half brothers mama into slavery:picard:?

Sounds a lot more heavy than the trailer suggest.

My thing is if most of you believe you came to the Americas by way of slavery that would make you African. So how the hell are you trying to seperate yourself? These may or may not have been "your people":francis:

Then you make statements like "Africans sold us into slavery". As if to say Africans who had their family members sold off,who didnt get captured or sold. Didnt suffer over their family members being stolen from them:gucci:

This is simply apart of our history,and alot of you need to watch this in 2022. Because alot of you need a strong reminder that "your people" aint always your people
:respect:
So you identify with slave traders?

Last edited:

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
The French & The British can go to war against each other for centuries with no damage to their reputation.

But god forbid some African kingdoms engage in military battle against each other - now its a problem.

Y'all nikkas softer than baby shyt.
:mjlol: never understood that line of thinking. Africa is an entire continent, with each country having internal wars inside them.

folks really think we holding hands together around a campfire.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lotta agendas in this thread.

Be sober. There is a reason right wingers are pushing for a boycott.

Suddenly this movie has to be historically accurate.

American history isn't even historically accurate.....tell the truth and they say you are woke.

But you all cook.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
:mjlol: never understood that line of thinking. Africa is an entire continent, with each country having internal wars inside them.

folks really think we holding hands together around a campfire.

Yup

Its cause these SOFT ASS N*GGAZ are so far removed from the battlefield.

Haitians & Dominicans literally were fighting from the 1840s to the 1870s

These hoe ass nikkas would say "why are you shooting your own people?"

Thats NOT my fukking people.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
You are coming from the pro black angle. You don’t have to “say” anything
I don't have to say anything cuz you will make up shyt I never said which is what we call LYING where I am from.

Stop fukking lying on black men, Jesus.

Again, If I said it then quote it. If I didn't say it then you are a liar, no quotations needed.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The movie addresses the fact the kingdom sold slaves :snoop:it’s not covering it up yall letting all this cac and twitter propaganda ran rampant

THE MOVIE WRITES THESE WOMEN
AS LIBERATORS & "GOOD GUYS"
WHO WANTED SLAVERY
TO END WHILE THE MEN WANTED
IT TO CONTINUE.

GTFOH

:devil:
:evil:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
American flag twitter having a ball. lmfaoooooo

Its funny because I thought Dahomey mainly sold their enemies to Brazil but I dont see too many Brazilians crying and bytching.

Its only the Americans crying for some reason (as always)

And for those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work? I'm new to this victimhood thing.

Somebody school me.

You must not be aware of the fact that between 1808 through roughly 1860 American business men including Wall Street investors, bankers, and insurance companies financed countless slave voyages to Dahomey and Bonny Island to get smuggled slaves for American plantations in the deep South. That is what the Clotilda ship did. There is a whole ass book on the subject called:

"Freebooters and Smugglers: The Foreign Slave Trade in the USA After 1808."

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
No. She even admitted that they changed a lot because the producers weren't "comfortable" with the subject matter.:stopitslime:

That's why the trailer now says "partially based on historical events"

Have you seen this movie?