Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

invalid

Banned
Daps
I answered your question before that tweet. Why avoid the one where I give you an actual link demonstrating what I said?

*Edit My mistake, I was pretty sure I put up the link to NPR about this movie. Well here it is, since I can't find that post.

Thank you. I will take a listen.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
dude these people aren’t even lionized by the Africans that live there now, it’s considered a stain on their history, it’s consider a stain on any tribe or group that participated in slavery.

Why lionize them out of all the African stories you could tell, because some Jews want to monetize the black female viewer audience with a knockoff Black Panther with girl power?

Like before the cacs even latched on to this, I watched the trailer and said “they don’t know they were ruthless slave traders?”

My people killed slavers.

But it doesn’t surprised me, recently had to watch 15 minutes of “The Handmaid’s Tale” and was like this show is basically a bunch of corny Hollywood women writers saying

“what if we made a world where you had to have a baby, and if you refuse they throw you in Guantanamo bay, so instead of being filled with tortured Arab men like it was in reality, it’s filled with pretty western women with attitude!”

Like I just think “nobody thought this was distasteful?” Hollywood is terrible I swear, they must be stopped.

lol they were gonna get knocked over by the Fulani again regardless, history repeats.

Even now the Yoruba struggle with leaders that are more loyal to Islam than Oyo. But Islam pays well in Nigeria so I get it.

you sure? in benin they just built a big ass statue of an amazon warrior

FTBigTeWAAAXK1x.jpg
FY7k0nwWAAAaEED

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your argument isn't in good faith. The difference between this film and the others, is that they didn't try to make the people responsible into heroes. This film has nothing in common with the civil rights films, so I'm not even sure what correlation you were trying to make there.

Just asked a question champ. I havent seen the movie to make that assesment.

I guess with this newfound awakening. I will no longer see thecoli slurping off tbe Egyptians.

Or will we deify Africans who had slaves,as long as they didnt ship them:respect:?

Also this argument is kinda weak for the fact that who is seen as the hero is subjective. You dont think when racist whites watch slave movies they see the slave masters as the good guys? Why support movies/shows about black people selling poison to/killing black people as the hero?

Sorrry,but Im still watching Snowfall this season:mjlol:

Last edited:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Buddy your losing your mind lmao and yall talk about us i have nothing to do with that prior conversation since it had nothing to do with me, all i seen was your slick comment with the Nick Cannon picture and asked you how it was living in Haiti and breathing that Haitan air since its obvious you live there.

Folks was talking about them changing history as well as trying to paint Black Men as evil the same ones you say are your ancestors and were outraged at that and here you come with the subtle shots at FBA (throwing stones and hiding your hands as always)

Remember i had nothing to do with the prior conversation i replied to your passive aggressive statement and asked you how it was living in Haiti the land of your ancestors you still havent replied.

So if you refuse to answer my question again and bring up a topic that has nothing to do with me, then you told on yourself its clear your trolling and something i said struck a nerve.

If you not answering my question dont reply.
Breh is going crazy. Look how many times he posted in this thread. 29 posts full of tether babble. :mjlol:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The movie addresses the fact the kingdom sold slaves :snoop:it’s not covering it up yall letting all this cac and twitter propaganda ran rampant

That isn’t the issue.

This is.

The movie has them as the protagonists and presents a lie that people in that Kingdom wanted to end slavery when in reality even after cacs took over and made it illegal they still wanted to continue selling slaves. How is that honest? That's propaganda.

They're banking on black people being completely ignorant and trying to get Black Panther money. Money from the descendants of the people the Dahomey captured and sold to Europeans.

Then when Black people don't support this trash they'll say "black people don't want to support black female led movies" when all they had to do was make The Dahomey the antagonists and the protagonists some other tribe of women they're trying to enslave who fought back.

This is like if a movie was made that made out that the Europeans who went to Africa to Colonize it did so to free Africans from slavery from other Africans. Then they say it’s based on “true events”. The movie then brands them as “heroes” and abolishers of slavery. Would that be an acceptable movie?

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, the first slaves were sent to the colonies in the 1600s. The scramble for Africa didn't start until 200 years later when slavery was going out of fashion anyway. The European nations had 200 years to profit off of slavery before colonization and because they now needed to profit off of human capital on the Continent instead of in the New World, we're going to frame their fighting to end slavery on the Continent as something noble and not wholely self-serving?

No one looks good. However, I'd rather the black kingdoms look better.

Hollywood has portrayed white people and Europe as heroes and victors for years with all the blood on their hands.

It's a problem when it's Africans though? And the people pushing it are Black Americans.

I guess black people turning on black people is as African as palm oil, eh?

It is really annoying when people try to conflate historical events the way that you did in this post. People that don't know the history of the slave don't realize that you just conflated 3 or 4 separate things that happened over hundreds of years into one thing. No one is talking about the White slavers, the American colonies or colonialism in Africa. The discussion is about the abomination that was Dahomey and the bullshyt narrative of the movie trying to make them into these virtuous beings.

Dahomey doesn't look good in anyone's light. They and the Aro Confederacy in the Cross River region of modern day southeastern Nigeria were parasites. If you look at the evil that they engaged in it was far beyond the scope of the other groups involved in slave trading. Part of it is because Dahomey and the Aro Confederacy were funded by the Whiteman that they contracted with at the shorelines near them and then they openly conspired with that Whiteman to attack and capture Black populations in and around them. Think about it. That was the Aro Confederacy and Dahomey's only purpose for being. It was to capture human beings for the Whiteman.

Other nations that engaged in the slave trade did so mostly because of open ongoing warfare either internally or externally. In some instances those nations sold their POWs, but that warfare that captured those POWs was not their purpose for being a Kingdom. Mali, Oyon Kongo, Hausa the Ashanti etc., warred over nation/State issues like land rights issues, trade issues, succession issues, tribute, etc. So they were not just warring to capture humans to sell to the Whiteman. In fact in traditional African societies if a person were a POW then they were just adopted into the new society and they had the same rights as everybody else in that society. So Dahomey and the Aro Confederacy were just on a completely different level of bullshyt and they only stopped their bullshyt when their White daddies stopped giving them arms and attacked them.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
American flag twitter having a ball. lmfaoooooo

Its funny because I thought Dahomey mainly sold their enemies to Brazil but I dont see too many Brazilians crying and bytching.

Its only the Americans crying for some reason (as always)

And for those of us with Dahomey ancestry (Haitians, Dominicans, Trinidadians, etc) - do we also get slandered as murderous slave traders? Or are we victims? How does it work? I'm new to this victimhood thing.

Somebody school me.
We treating historic accuracy as victimhood? :mjlol:

Look, go see the movie if you want, but if the film white washes the history of the Dahomey, then they’ll be critiqued as they should. If the movie was advertised as being a historic account of a tragic past, instead of a black panther-esque heroic Amazonian Africa, then the reactions would be different. “Think for yourself” and go see it, but be real.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you sure? in benin they just built a big ass statue of an amazon warrior

FTBigTeWAAAXK1x.jpg
FY7k0nwWAAAaEED

That is not true. That statue and them having statues of slave traders like Francisco de Souza in Ouidah, Benin is for tourism. They also push that voodoo narrative for the same reason. The regular citizens of Benin don't subscribe to that crap. Benin also has a memorial gate commemorating the horrors of the slave trade, but you didn't show that.

If they were actually proud of it then they would have renamed their country Dahomey.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Other nations that engaged in the slave trade did so mostly because of open ongoing warfare either internally or externally. In some instances those nations sold their POWs, but that warfare that captured those POWs was not their purpose for being a Kingdom. Mali, Oyon Kongo, Hausa the Ashanti etc., warred over nation/State issues like land rights issues, trade issues, succession issues, tribute, etc. So they were not just warring to capture humans to sell to the Whiteman. In fact in traditional African societies if a person were a POW then they were just adopted into the new society and they had the same rights as everybody else in that society. So Dahomey and the Aro Confederacy were just on a completely different level of bullshyt and they only stopped their bullshyt when their White daddies stopped giving them arms and attacked them.
All the empires you mentioned weren't angelic in any way shape or form. They all enslaved and participated in it. Empires don't get made and maintained by being nice and asking for donations.

Also on the cac side Sparta is praised because of its warmongering.

So are the Vikings with numerous shows/movies

So are the Romans with lots of shows and movies.

As are the Greeks.

But Black Africans are to be criticized? What an odd double standard. It's almost as if when Black people are warmongering it needs to be censored because they can't look aggressive against invaders :mjpls:

There's definitely a larger message behind some of the "criticism."

Just asked a question champ. I havent seen the movie to make that assesment.

I guess with this newfound awakening. I will no longer see thecoli slurping off tbe Egyptians.

Or will we deify Africans who had slaves,as long as they didnt ship them:respect:?

Also this argument is kinda weak for the fact that who is seen as the hero is subjective. You dont think when racist whites watch slave movies they see the slave masters as the good guys? Why support movies/shows about black people selling poison to/killing black people as the hero?

Sorrry,but Im still watching Snowfall this season:mjlol:

It's a weird double standard. Suddenly some in the Black community care about the morality of their entertainment and how it portrays Black people? :mjgrin:

Where is this moral compass when they enjoy the self destructive rap they listen to on a daily basis?

Or all the gangster and criminal movies?

Or all the street dudes they praise and then trash 9-5 dudes as corny?

And I think a large part of the criticism is from some Black men who are upset that they weren't included and they wanted to be. Which is a fair point. But the creators wanted a female Braveheart and they got it. So a lot of this criticism is that they wanted to be part of the historical epic as well.

Last edited: