Viola does it again #BoycottWomanKing

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
So you identify with slave traders?
That’s what he’s saying, most people don’t understand how complex the slave economy in precolonial Africa was, and don’t understand how violent precolonial Africa was.

They think it was some Kumbaya shyt, when Africans were already fighting and going to war when the Europeans got there, the Europeans just introduced guns, encouraged the conflicts, and the arms race for guns led to empires selling off their criminals and prisoners of war in exchange for guns to expand/defend their empire. Also human traffickers kidnapping and selling people for guns and money(well something of monetary value).

The exact same stuff going still going on in Africa and other developing countries, it never stopped.

The same village that conquered the next village and sold them into slavery to get guns for defense, would then get conquered by a bigger empire and also sold into slavery.

A successful business man in the village might secretly have people in his village kidnapped and sold into slavery.

The elder or religious figure that hands down punishments for crimes, might wrongly sentence you to death, then fake your death and sell you into slavery.

Last edited:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Some of the major issues about modern black people are emotionalism and easily falling for direct Cac propaganda. Basically, not being able to assess things without putting emotions in front of everything, thus becoming easy prey for Cacs mind games. For example, the first ones to create digital boycotts about this movie were Cacs. "Dahomey was the biggest slave Kingdom in Africa", something completely false. But after the propaganda was launched they didn't need to do anything else, black people are just doing it for them.

I usually don't watch movies related to slavery(To be honest, only watched Django and that's it), because they are mostly Cac propaganda to instill an inferiority complex in black people. But, I took my time to read and watch the interviews of the people involved in this movie, and all of the complaints here and on Twitter seem to be properly addressed in the movie. They don't try to mask or sanctify anything. This is an Epic film, like Spartacus, Gladiator, The Last Emperor(1987), etc. And from the answers here, one can see that most of you don't know what you are talking about and are just following the crowd.

And I saw the same thing with BLM and the term "Woke". In the initial stages, there was nothing wrong with these concepts. They were actually perfect. But many black people, especially those with large audiences, refused to attach themselves to it. That's why it was easy for Cacs to penetrate, and implement their propaganda of the Black-on-Black crime narrative, All Lives Matter, and Blue Lives Matter bs.

And some of you were later "Ohhh nah, this never represented me at all"...How tf is this going to represent you when Cacs can easily discourage you and hijack your own cause with their propaganda?

The same can be said about the term woke. It was supposed to educate black people on the injustices in the US. Wokeness later started being mocked, "You are too woke, you need to sleep", making it easier for Cacs to infiltrate and hijack the movement. Thus, wokeness today is associated with everything except the original meaning. Wokeness today is synonymous with diversity, transgenderism, g@y marriage, liberalism, leftism etc.

Ffs...I will watch the movie and post my review inside The Film Room.
A good poster???
Where you been hiding breh?
:wow:

invalid

Banned
Daps
That’s what he’s saying, most people don’t understand how complex the slave economy in precolonial Africa was, and don’t understand violent precolonial Africa was.

They think it was some Kumbaya shyt, when Africans were already fighting and going to war when the Europeans got there, the Europeans just introduced guns, encouraged the conflicts, and the arms race for guns led to empires selling off their criminals and prisoners of war in exchange for guns to expand/defend their empire. Also human traffickers kidnapping and selling people for guns and money(well something of monetary value).

The exact same stuff going still going on in Africa and other developing countries, it never stopped.

The same village that conquered the next village and sold them into slavery to get guns for defense, would then get conquered by a bigger empire and also sold into slavery.

A successful business man in the village might secretly have people in his village kidnapped and sold into slavery.

The elder or religious figure that hands down punishments for crimes, might wrongly sentence you to death, then fake your death and sell you into slavery.

I haven't read through this thread but is this why people are mad about the movie? Because the WA kingdoms engaged in slavery before the Europeans?

ignorethis

Daps
Are you ethnically Fon or from the Gbe people? Because that is who the people of Dahomey were descended from.

Just because your DNA says Togo/Benin that doesn't mean you are from Dahomey. You could be Yoruba from modern day Nigeria which would make you a victim of Dahomey, because they preyed on the ethnic groups around them.
If he’s talking about Haiti they did get hella Yoruba slaves from the Bight of Benin, I don’t think people associate Haiti with Dahomey more than Oyo culturally.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
I haven't read through this thread but is this why people are mad about the movie? Because the WA kingdoms engaged in slavery before the Europeans?
No, people are saying that the Dahomey's main export was slaves to Europeans. So a lot of Black Americans are not going to support a revisionist history film about a people who had a hand in selling some of their ancestors into slavery. Especially when the truth is being glossed over in the movie, and the slavers are made out to be the heroes.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Like how Europeans are framed as heroes when they were all slavers and colonizers?

Is this even based off of historical events?

The woke mob on the Coli has hit a new low. :why:
Yes, it is based on historical events. The Dahomey are a real people, the king and general in the movie are based on real people. Also, your use of woke for this is quite a bit revealing, considering that you do not even know the history that is being discussed.

ignorethis

Daps
Like how Europeans are framed as heroes when they were all slavers and colonizers?

Is this even based off of historical events?

The woke mob on the Coli has hit a new low. :why:
I mean in this context Europeans were the ones that fought to end slavery in Dahomey, Dahomey fought to preserve it.

really in most of West Africa, European colonial empires fought the slave trade because slavers were taking so many people they didn’t have enough human capital to work in their colonies.

It was the European nations that missed out on the scramble for Africa that mostly participated in the slave trade.

I mean colonies were still basically working for free, but at least it wasn’t chattel slavery.

invalid

Banned
Daps
No, people are saying that the Dahomey's main export was slaves to Europeans. So a lot of Black Americans are not going to support a revisionist history film about a people who had a hand in selling some of their ancestors into slavery. Especially when the truth is being glossed over in the movie, and the slavers are made out to be the heroes.

Is the movie about black Americans? Why are we making it about ourselves?

Almost all of the mighty West African kingdoms engaged in slavery.

Are we saying they can never be portrayed in a positive light on the big screen because they were enslavers?

invalid

Banned
Daps
Yes, it is based on historical events. The Dahomey are a real people, the king and general in the movie are based on real people. Also, your use of woke for this is quite a bit revealing, considering that you do not even know the history that is being discussed.

What actual historical event is the movie based off? Don't presume to know what I know about West African history. The Dahomey Kingdom being real, nor the King and his guards being real people, does means that this movie is based off an "historical event".

I'm just trying to understand, black Americans don't want the Dahomey portrayed as victors in this movie because they were enslavers? Is this what you're saying? This don't even make sense.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
What the Hell are you writing about? You sound confused. This ain't about no damn Haiti. Nobody gives a shyt about what Haitians and Dominicans are doing. This does not have anything to do with you or Haitians. This is about a bullshyt movie trying to make evil ass people that were slave traders into noble virtuous beings. Go sit down somewhere.
Breh you be dropping gems, don't waste your time on lil breh. He gets bushed, disappear, change his name. Wash, rinse and repeat. 🤣 His arguments are always strawman instead of steel man 😂

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If he’s talking about Haiti they did get hella Yoruba slaves from the Bight of Benin, I don’t think people associate Haiti with Dahomey more than Oyo culturally.

I think he is confused by the modern name for countries versus the former names of kingdoms. The Dahomey kingdom was only in the southern part of what is now modern day Benin. Dahomey only covered about 30% of modern day Benin. There were other kingdoms that covered the other 70% most notably the Oyo Empire. The Oyo were Yoruba people. That is the ethnic group that Dahomey mostly attacked after the Oyo became involved in Oyo Civil War.

He is almost certainly Yoruba which is the group that the Fon attacked the most and sent to the Americas. I guess that it is possible he could also be partially Fon, because Oyo did throw Dahomey's warriors into slavery too. But it seem like most of Benin DNA is Yoruba, Mina and the other ethnic groups around them in Benin.