Vince Staples: "90s Music overrated"

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
“The first song I remember listening to is Lil Bow Wow’s ‘Bounce with Me.’ Lil Bow Wow is one of my favorite rappers ever, you can never take that from me.”
Duse will probably get a somewhat valid point dismissed because he said some shyt like this.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Vince was in 3rd grade when Get Rich or Die Tryin' came out. You dumbasses really expect this dude to fake nostalgia over 90s era rappers?

I give it 3 years till yall are all the way :flabbynsick:
He's a professional musician breh. I expect him to do his homework. It's literally his job

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This... is a damn lie. You were 5-6 when DMX was King. You were 12 in 2005 b, by that point DMX was close to finished.
Who starts listening to rap at 12? Lol. I was listening to rap when I was 4. That's my first recollection of it. Y'all act like you have to be a preteen to get into music. I got my first rap album when I was 5-6.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Who starts listening to rap at 12? Lol. I was listening to rap when I was 4. That's my first recollection of it. Y'all act like you have to be a preteen to get into music. I got my first rap album when I was 5-6.
What was it?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Lol a Too Short tape.
So it was a classic album you mean? :youngsabo:
(I'm from the Bay and I've got Born to Mack and Getting It in the car right now :ohlawd:)
CJF1yaZ.png

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Man when it comes to Hip Hop, I dont think its romantizing nostalgia to say 90s era was the best.

I mean look what he's even saying bringing up pop acts.

Look, I think 90s nostalgia in general might be overrated cause of the pop acts he stated and other things but stuff like Hip Hop was the reason why it is remembered fondly

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Also honestly, if you just like music period, then you probably end up liking a lot of eras

I'm 29 and in college I went back and listened to a lot of Public Enemy, Black Sheep, Al Green and random stuff way before my era. Started digging 70s and 60s soul and breakbeat sample sourced music.

I feel like people who say "It wasnt in my era I grew up with" skipped out or have yet to reach their 20s when they start opening themselves to a whole lotta other music cause of all the college parties and themes.

Also this the broaband/quick download generation, you would think there would be more music nerds in general where music from different generations appealed to them as they were forming their music taste once they get past 18