Vince Staples: "90s Music overrated"

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Browsed though the article, he mentioned he never listened to albums by boy bands and the Spice Girls :pachaha: I don't see what the issue is with that, they aren't Urban artists.

What's wrong with having Bow Wow as your favorite rapper, these same nikkas hating probably stan one of these new school mumble rappers :mjpls:

Last edited:

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Vince always comes off as the type who thinks he's smarter than he is but really just talking non sense.

I was born 93 as well and the most popular rappers I can remember growing up was 50 Cent, Nas, DMX, Jay Z, Ja Rule, Jadakiss, Fabolous etc

I'll assume the Bow Wow shyt was trolling but the most poppin rappers from 2000 to 05 all had roots tracing back to the 90s. He's talking shyt

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Vince was in 3rd grade when Get Rich or Die Tryin' came out. You dumbasses really expect this dude to fake nostalgia over 90s era rappers?

I give it 3 years till yall are all the way :flabbynsick:
That's not the point you dumb fukk.

The point is he doesn't know anything about 90s music to call it overrated. His reference to the 90s is Biggie and Pac. Literally that's all he knows about it. That's like me only knowing Cyndi Lauper and calling the 80s wacks. The fukk? It's ignorant.

Triangularbirds

All Star
Daps
go through this list and it doesn't even have everything and then talk shyt

The Top 150 Hip Hop Albums of 1995 - Rate Your Music
:mjlol:
IAW9rP0.png

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Vince always comes off as the type who thinks he's smarter than he is but really just talking non sense.

I was born 93 as well and the most popular rappers I can remember growing up was 50 Cent, Nas, DMX, Jay Z, Ja Rule, Jadakiss, Fabolous etc

I'll assume the Bow Wow shyt was trolling but the most poppin rappers from 2000 to 05 all had roots tracing back to the 90s. He's talking shyt
He's one of those idiots that thinks they're looking at things from a different perspective, not realizing people have already looked at it from that angle and came to the conclusion that thinking that way is dumb as fukk.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Vince was in 3rd grade when Get Rich or Die Tryin' came out. You dumbasses really expect this dude to fake nostalgia over 90s era rappers?

I give it 3 years till yall are all the way :flabbynsick:
I was in 3rd grade when illmatic came out. And no way in hell would I say it or the music that came before it was "overrated"

fukk outa here :camby:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Be disrespectful to the ground work laid before you that afford you the opportunities you have now brehs....

These young nikkas say the dumbest things.
Why shouldn't he? Us OGs eroded the foundations of the culture that valued history, continuity and respect.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be from Long Beach, claim the 90's are overrated, and say Lil' Bow Wow is your favorite rapper. If it wasn't for LBC rapper Snoop, who debuted in '93, his favorite rapper wouldn't have a style to run with. Bow Wow was the PG-13 Snoop. He's dissing boy and girl bands that were big in the 90's, but big upping another teeny bopper sensation in Bow Wow.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Be disrespectful to the ground work laid before you that afford you the opportunities you have now brehs....

These young nikkas say the dumbest things.
Just because something great and classic doesn't mean it's Isn't overrated Also.

When u have 13 year olds who shyt on all music past 1999 cause it's the in thing, when they never even lived threw the roc a fella and g unit era or heard the albums from that era Than yes it is overrated. Wit that being said that is my favorite era in music. Doesn't mean it's not overrated homie