Victor Oladipo the NBA's #1 pick

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
victor oladipo is currently projected as the 10th pick in wacky d's mock draft.

altho, hes higher on wacky d's draft board.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
A better scorer than Dwyane Wade would probably do better than 9 points at Illinois in a two point loss. :mjpls:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I wish he was more selfish. Sometimes he buys into this team thing far too much. All great SG's are selfish. Kobe, MJ, Wade, Harden.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I wish he was more selfish. Sometimes he buys into this team thing far too much. All great SG's are selfish. Kobe, MJ, Wade, Harden.

College does that to players. Jordan wasn't a selfish player in college either. If he has that fire in his belly it will show up more at the next level.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The discussion: Who is Indiana's best player: Cody Zeller or Victor Oladipo?

Jay Bilas:
However, he is not Indiana's best player. Cody Zeller is.

Zeller is Indiana's top scorer, averaging 16.0 points on just nine shots per game (Oladipo averages 13.9 points on eight shots per game). Zeller is also the Hoosiers' top rebounder, averaging 8.1 -- including 2.7 offensively -- a game. Oladipo is third on the team in rebounding, averaging 6.0 -- and also 2.7 offensively -- a game.

This analysis is awful, everything he's arguing is pro Oladipo and against Zeller yet Zeller is the better player? . He brings up how Zeller is the top scorer on the team yet he takes one more shot than Oladipo does, well duh I'd hope if he's a center taking more shots than a guard he would score MORE points and its not even by a significant amount 16 ppg vs 14 ppg, 9 shots vs 8 shots. He brings up how Zeller is a better rebounder than Oladipo :what: like nikka he's a fukking center, I'd hope my SEVEN FOOT CENTER gets more BOARDS than my GUARD. He fails to point out that 6 RPG FOR A GUARD is ALOT MORE IMPRESSIVE than 8 RPG for a SEVEN FOOT CENTER, one is doing their job while the other is OVERACHIEVING. And then he neglects to comment on how they AVERAGE the SAME amount of OFFENSIVE RPG

Both Zeller and Oladipo shoot high percentages, with Oladipo shooting 66 percent from the field and 55 percent from 3-point range, while Zeller shoots 60 percent from the field. Zeller is more productive from the free throw line, shooting twice as many free throws and hitting a better percentage. Oladipo has twice the number of steals as Zeller, and Zeller has twice the number of blocked shots. Oladipo can guard more positions than can Zeller, but Zeller guards the post, the one position that Oladipo can't guard. Zeller is the guy whom opposing defenses double, and he is the first player on the opponent's scouting report.

This is where it gets BAD. This nikka really tried to glide over the fact that Oladipo A GUARD is SHOOTING 66% from the field, 6 points better than a SEVEN FOOT CENTER yet he brings up how Zeller's FT % is better :word: (Zeller is 75% and Oladipo is 72%). It gets even worse. He acknowledges how Oladipo is a more VERSATILE defender yet tries to slight him for not being able to guard the POST :beli: and uses that to uplift ZELLER :comeon:. SO YOU'RE praising a SEVEN FOOT CENTER for being able to do something a 6'4 GUARD CANT...:wow: Im done here.

The only thing that suggests Oladipo is Indiana's best player is surprise. Few expected Oladipo, a career 49 percent shooter (and 25 percent 3-point shooter), to have the season he is having. Oladipo already has managed as many steals this season as he had all of last season, and as many 3-point field goals this season as he has in his career. It's fair to state that Oladipo is Indiana's "heart and soul" or "most complete player" -- or Indiana's "best leader" -- but I think the label of Indiana's best player belongs to Zeller, and only Zeller. Zeller is a team player who is not a volume shooter and does not require touches to keep playing and to be a great teammate.

:rudy:Now this nikka is just grasping for straws. He praises Zeller for not being a VOLUME SHOOTER :deadmanny:. nikka he's a CENTER why would he even be a VOLUME SHOOTER and then he says it as if Oladipo is a Volume Shooter yet he previously stated how Oladipo AVGS less shots than Zeller and has a HIGHER FG%. Those are two characteristics that are the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of a VOLUME SHOOTER (less shots, high FG%:hula:volume shooter)

I believe most NBA personnel would agree that Zeller is Indiana's best player and prospect, despite the legitimate questions about his NBA future. There is disagreement as to just how effective Zeller will be in the NBA in the long run, but it is clear that he is a surefire lottery selection. With his ability to run the floor, face up and drive -- and with his skill level -- Zeller has value in the NBA. He needs to be a higher volume rebounder and to be more assertive, and he needs to be able to consistently hit a face-up jumper to range. Plus, he is not a shot-blocker. However, he can be a starter in the NBA, and he does not need the ball to play.

:ohhh: The above in red is all analysis he conveniently failed to point out in the aforementioned paragraphs while comparing the two. He praised the SEVEN FOOT Zeller previously for being a better rebounder than the 6'4 Oladipo yet now he says Zeller needs to be a BETTER rebounder. Ok Gotcha. He previously brought up how Zeller blocks more shots than Oladipo, yet Zeller "is not a shot blocker". Ok Gotcha. So a SEVEN FOOT CENTER does things better than a GUARD that CENTERS are supposed to be better than GUARDS at yet when you compare those same aspects to the SAME POSITION, THE CENTER doesn't stack up quite nicely. :word:

I dont watch enough College Bball to comment on whether Zeller is better than Oladipo but I have enough reading comprehension skills to spot lazy, bullshyt analysis when I see it.

How the fukk did this even get the greenlight to be published.