Victor Oladipo the NBA's #1 pick

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
1. I disagree, see my reply to mastermind earlier.

2.I disagree, I find it to be very effective when he's slashing. We had one of the worst passers in the NBA in Jeff Teague on our roster. I know what bad passing looks like.

3. I do agree with that. Even with that said, he still wasn't projected to be a top 5 pick. Guys like Wade come and go. You have Wade, Russell Westbrook, Michael Jordan who are vastly underrated in college because it's a different game. I scouted 1000 of Basketball players. I feel confident in saying Victor will be elite.

4. See above. Russell Westbrook was a glue guy for UCLA.

I don't see him being quite the athlete Tom was but I do see more skills and moves from Zeller than Chambers tape at Utah.

breh college stats mean nothing, teams draft base on potential

dee brown and luthor head were better than deron williams at illinois

and westbrook?
glue guys in college dont average 13 points a game and 5 assists playing off guard :beli:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
1. I disagree, see my reply to mastermind earlier.

2.I disagree, I find it to be very effective when he's slashing. We had one of the worst passers in the NBA in Jeff Teague on our roster. I know what bad passing looks like.

3. I do agree with that. Even with that said, he still wasn't projected to be a top 5 pick. Guys like Wade come and go. You have Wade, Russell Westbrook, Michael Jordan who are vastly underrated in college because it's a different game. I scouted 1000 of Basketball players. I feel confident in saying Victor will be elite.

I don't see him being quite the athlete Tom was but I do see more skills and moves from Zeller than Chambers tape at Utah.

and you prob though chris mihm would be a 18 and ten guy:beli:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I disagree with Harden's stats being hollow. He is having a major impact. Its a huge transition to go from sixth man, facing most teams second unit, to a starter and the go-to-guy. Love's teams have never won more than 26 games.

Harden doesn't do the little things to win games. That's a big part of the reason OKC stuck with :youngsabo: over Harden. Harden is a better offensive player than Russell but Russell is a better defender and does the little things that don't show up on stat sheets. Russell is the heart of OKC. Harden was a luxury. True be told, I never thought Harden was a championship player. I always seen him as Mitch Richmond 2.0.

Love teams doesn't win because they just weren't that good of a team. One dimensional as heck but this year they should be much better and a playoff team but injuries killed that idea. With that said, Love also doesn't do the little things and is too damn selfish. He reminds me a little bit of Chuck but obviously more skilled and less athletic. They of course have a different skill-set but their impact on the game isn't that much different. You put Love on a very good team and watch him do work but I still don't think he's a superstar.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
breh college stats mean nothing, teams draft base on potential

dee brown and luthor head were better than deron williams at illinois

and westbrook?
glue guys in college dont average 13 points a game and 5 assists playing off guard :beli:

Breh, you always :troll:. I thought you would have caught a hint when I ignore you the first time for being stupid but nope. You like the attention.

1. College stats matter or else you would have Anthony Randolph and Marvin Williams going over CP3 and Deron in every draft class if it was just about athletic ability.

2. :mindblown: Who the hell would think Luther Head or Dee Brown is anywhere near Deron Williams? This is a pretty awful :troll: attempt on your part. It's like you didn't bother reading once you read the thread title and just started :troll: with reckless abandon.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

UCLA is also known as a program under Ben Howland that depresses your numbers based on the style he plays. You're certain of 2 things: your guards will be good NBA defenders and their scoring will improve as a pro.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
UCLA is also known as a program under Ben Howland that depresses your numbers based on the style he plays. You're certain of 2 things: your guards will be good NBA defenders and their scoring will improve as a pro.

True, all his players way better pros than I thought they would have been coming out. Howland be holding them back

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I agree with this post. Oladipo has all star potential if he gets with the right people. I hope he doesn't end up in Charlotte though. All the physical tools are there and he seems to have a desire to be great. To be honest, he kind of reminds me of Ricky Davis, but a more professional version. A lot of you young dudes may not remember him. Dwade will most likely be his draft comparison. He is a better prospect than Dion Waiters IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I definitely remember Ricky Davis with all his boneheaded plays he made over the years. All the talent in the world but had no IQ at all on the court. And i also think Oladipo is a better prospect than Waiters. And i think Waiters wil be ok once he learns to pass and understand what a good shot is. So if Victor is rated higher than him than the sky is the limit for him. It's just all up to him to do it.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Shabazz ain't gonna be a superstar breh. Shabazz is going to be like James Harden. If a GM f**ks up and takes Shabazz over Victor, they will lose their job. Just no way to you justify it. Shabazz can be very good in the NBA but Victor can be great. A championship player. There is only like 6-7 of those in the entire league. Waiters was drafted in the top 5 off the fact that he had tools of an elite SG without have the BBIQ, shot selection, defense, or work ethic of one. It will be extremely hard to pass on Victor.

I can see Zeller or Noel going number due to the fact that Cleveland or Washington might get the #1 pick. But if Charlotte gets the #1 pick. I am taking Victor without hesitation.

McLemore will be considered for the pick before Bazz but Victor has it all.
Shabazz has the same chance as Victor to be a superstar. He's already a better scorer than him. And if Harden is who you compare Shabazz too that ain't to bad a player to be compared to. Harden may not be on the Bron KD Kobe level but he's just under that.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

Kevin Love is a prime example of that right?

Most of those guys had defensive potential before they got there.

Do you watch college basketball, do you even see how UCLA and Indiana plays. They don't play like K State or Texas. No one is average more than 18PPG in that system. IU has two potential 20PPG+ NBA scorers in Zeller and Oladipo. Westbrook wasn't the #1 leading scorer. Love was at 17.5 PPG.

You making excuses.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Shabazz has the same chance as Victor to be a superstar. He's already a better scorer than him. And if Harden is who you compare Shabazz too that ain't to bad a player to be compared to. Harden may not be on the Bron KD Kobe level but he's just under that.

Shabazz is more skilled but that doesn't mean nothing. Bayless was more skilled than Westbrook in 08. Shabazz doesn't have the elite athleticism to become an elite player. Victor has elite quickness, first step, explosiveness, BBIQ, and elite defensive tools. Also Bazz efficiency is NCAA good. The kid isn't a very efficient Basketball player at this stage for a NBA prospect. He screams a player that will struggle in the NBA as a rookie. Harden might be the most skilled player aside from Kobe and is more skilled coming out of Zona St than Wade. Wade was just a much better player coming out of Marquette and is an elite talent. I am not in love with Bazz. Not in love watching him play. Not in love with his numbers. The only thing I love is his size, has good BBIQ, strength, and his skill-set is highly advanced for his age. I prefer McLemore, you can win more with him.

Oh, Oladipo is a superior scorer to Bazz.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He a guard? :stopitslime:

But even Kev's offensive numbers are much different now than when he was at UCLA.

Jordan Farmar is a lock down defender. :heh:

Come on son, you acting like Collison is a good defender. The only UCLA defenders you are probably thinking of is Affalo and Westbrook who had defensive potential before they arrived in Westwood.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Shabazz is more skilled but that doesn't mean nothing. Bayless was more skilled than Westbrook in 08. Shabazz doesn't have the elite athleticism to become an elite player. Victor has elite quickness, first step, explosiveness, BBIQ, and elite defensive tools. Also Bazz efficiency is NCAA good. The kid isn't a very efficient Basketball player at this stage for a NBA prospect. He screams a player that will struggle in the NBA as a rookie. Harden might be the most skilled player aside from Kobe and is more skilled coming out of Zona St than Wade. Wade was just a much better player coming out of Marquette and is an elite talent. I am not in love with Bazz. Not in love watching him play. Not in love with his numbers. The only thing I love is his size, has good BBIQ, strength, and his skill-set is highly advanced for his age. I prefer McLemore, you can win more with him.

Oh, Oladipo is a superior scorer to Bazz.

Im skeptical of Shabazz and Victor being stars. But i still say Bazz has just as much potential as Victor Oladipo. Shabazz may not be an elite athlete like Vic but he's defintely above average. And he's getting 18 a game on a decent fg percentage in Howland's system. That has showed me that he will be 20 ppg game scorer in the NBA one day.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Jordan Farmar is a lock down defender. :heh:

Come on son, you acting like Collison is a good defender. The only UCLA defenders you are probably thinking of is Affalo and Westbrook who had defensive potential before they arrived in Westwood.

For a guy his size, he's actually not bad man to man.