Victor Oladipo the NBA's #1 pick

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Oladipo will probably go in the top ten but i don't think he'll be the number one pick. And the comparison to Wade is fair in my opinion. No one knew Wade was gonna be as good as he was. They figured he's be a 20 point a game scorer but not become the superstar that he has become. If Victor works on his ballhandling (cats acting like he can't improve that) then the sky is the limit for him. Because his athleticism is elite and he is an excellent defender. And he will probably mearsure out just as big as D-Wade if not better. But i still think Nerlens or Shabazz will be the number one pick when it's all said and done. Or maybe even McLemore. I think Nerlens offense will improve and he's made a couple of moves on that end that makes me thinks he'll be a consistent double figure scorer on that end eventually. And an elite center usually wins out over an elite guard come draft time. I think Zeller will be a top 10 pick but while he'll be a good player i don't see stardom in his future.
Shabazz ain't gonna be a superstar breh. Shabazz is going to be like James Harden. If a GM f**ks up and takes Shabazz over Victor, they will lose their job. Just no way to you justify it. Shabazz can be very good in the NBA but Victor can be great. A championship player. There is only like 6-7 of those in the entire league. Waiters was drafted in the top 5 off the fact that he had tools of an elite SG without have the BBIQ, shot selection, defense, or work ethic of one. It will be extremely hard to pass on Victor.

I can see Zeller or Noel going number due to the fact that Cleveland or Washington might get the #1 pick. But if Charlotte gets the #1 pick. I am taking Victor without hesitation.

McLemore will be considered for the pick before Bazz but Victor has it all.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
mastermind, you cool in Football and Soccer threads but you always come in Basketball threads with lame one liners, if you don't agree, move on that point. I don't try to insult you if we are just talking sports.

I don't take it as a diss. I watched both players. Wade was my biggest bang for your buck prospect I've rated. Felt like a millionaire after being right about him. I remember what Wade handles were, inconsistent. Used to get him in trouble. He improved a lot in the NBA at it. Oladipo has enough handles. That's all you need when you got decent range and a freakishly quick first step.

:troll:
Here is the thing, Oladipo's handles aren't even hit or miss. They are flat out not good. No one questioned Wade's handles coming out of Marquette because there was talk of making dude a point guard in the NBA. It's the biggest red flag with Oladipo.

Shabazz ain't gonna be a superstar breh. Shabazz is going to be like James Harden. If a GM f**ks up and takes Shabazz over Victor, they will lose their job. Just no way to you justify it. Shabazz can be very good in the NBA but Victor can be great. A championship player. There is only like 6-7 of those in the entire league. Waiters was drafted in the top 5 off the fact that he had tools of an elite SG without have the BBIQ, shot selection, defense, or work ethic of one. It will be extremely hard to pass on Victor.

I can see Zeller or Noel going number due to the fact that Cleveland or Washington might get the #1 pick. But if Charlotte gets the #1 pick. I am taking Victor without hesitation.

McLemore will be considered for the pick before Bazz but Victor has it all.
If Shabazz is like James Harden, then he is going top 3. Who wouldn't want a guy that can average 25 and 5 dimes from the two?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Here is the thing, Oladipo's handles aren't even hit or miss. They are flat out not good. No one questioned Wade's handles coming out of Marquette because there was talk of making dude a point guard in the NBA. It's the biggest red flag with Oladipo.

His handles are decent. They can get the job done. Wade's handles were questioned at times especially attacking the paint where he was turnover prone. Then you got guys like MJ who scouts said didn't have the handles to be a guard in the NBA. They said he carries the ball too much at times. In the NBA, he made the carry a regular thing more so than Bron.

Sometimes you just like to argue. You are talking like his handles are Travis Leslie level. :stopitslime:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

If Shabazz is like James Harden, then he is going top 3. Who wouldn't want a guy that can average 25 and 5 dimes from the two?

James Harden isn't going to be a superstar. He's one of the big number players with less impact than their stats like Kevin Love. Give me a more impact less stats guy like Joakim Noah all day over guys like Love and Harden. I rather have a high impact, high stats guy but those of course are superstars.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
James Harden isn't going to be a superstar. He's one of the big number players with less impact than their stats like Kevin Love. Give me a more impact less stats guy like Joakim Noah all day over guys like Love and Harden. I rather have a high impact, high stats guy but those of course are superstars.

I disagree with Harden's stats being hollow. He is having a major impact. Its a huge transition to go from sixth man, facing most teams second unit, to a starter and the go-to-guy. Love's teams have never won more than 26 games.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
lol #1 pick with his horrible mock picks like usually

lol at victor oladipo going number 1, going by college stats youd prob draft doug mcdermott number 2

i see you mj taking adam morrison high

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Btw

2. Trey Burke- Terrell Brandon with elite court vision and BBIQ

Thats chauncey billups :ohhh:

i think he will be better den chauncey i really like lil homie's game his game is nba ready ie damian lillard. the pg position in the nba next 5yrs is gonna be:whoo:. too much talent

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Ben plays like Ray Allen..His game is kind of similar to Beal but Beal can create better than Ben.

Oladipo is a monster though..He should be a top 15 pick.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
I been watching all these guys this season. Oladipo is the best one I've seen. He looks like Dwayne Wade at Marquette. You can't stay in front of him. His defense is really good and he has very good BBIQ. He is my #1 player on the draft board.

I really like this draft more than most. It's not as deep as last year which no draft was in my opinion in terms of talent but this draft has a lot of talent.

1. Victor Oladipo- Dwayne Wade
2. Trey Burke- Terrell Brandon with elite court vision and BBIQ
3. Nerlens Noel- Freshman Marcus Camby
4. Ben McLemore- Elgin Baylor lite
5. Cody Zeller- Tom Chambers
6. CJ McCollum- Jrue Holiday, more polished and smart but less athleticism
7. Tony Mitchell- Shawn Kemp
8. Anthony Bennett - JUCO Larry Johnson
9. Shabazz Muhammad- Mitch Richmond
10. Alex Len- Big Z

Deepest position is PG.
Burke, McCollum, MCW, Smart, Young, and Pressley are all NBA level talents.
Burke is the brightest out the bunch. While he doesn't have amazing athleticism or quickness. He has elite BBIQ, elite skill level, and very good scoring instincts. One of the best in his class.

McCollum is the one most likely to reach his potential due to the fact he can just about play in every system. He is a potential All Star.

Michael Carter Williams is extremely gifted but his average BBIQ, can't shoot, and isn't always committed to defense. He reminds some of a pre-injury Shaun Livingston but he reminds me of Tony Wroten with a bit more BBIQ but not quite the athlete of Wroten.

Smart is a very talented player who could actually break the top 3 next year if he waits. He won't be 1 or 2. That's all Wiggins and Parker but he can be top 3. He still doesn't play like a PG fully to me is more of a tweener but he can do it all and is very similar to Baron Davis with more size to bare.

I am a fan of bother Pressley and Young. Both players can be good role playing PG's in the NBA once they commit. I like Young a bit more at this stage but either can be decent given time.

Oladipo is the only one I feel will be a superstar in this class. People fell in love with Waiters but this is the one that can be a superstar.

I don't see Cody Zeller in no dunk contest :skip:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
His handles are decent. They can get the job done. Wade's handles were questioned at times especially attacking the paint where he was turnover prone. Then you got guys like MJ who scouts said didn't have the handles to be a guard in the NBA. They said he carries the ball too much at times. In the NBA, he made the carry a regular thing more so than Bron.

Sometimes you just like to argue. You are talking like his handles are Travis Leslie level. :stopitslime:

1. His handles are not that decent. It's arguably his biggest limitation on offense. It's not as if Oladipo can move to SF where his handles could be masked a little better. He's stuck at a position where handles are necessary to create for yourself and possibly others.

2. Oladipo's passing is not that good.

3. For everything you said about Wade, it took a ridiculous tourney showing from him for his stock to shoot up into the top 5.

#1 pick;3119619]James Harden isn't going to be a superstar. He's one of the big number players with less impact than their stats like Kevin Love. Give me a more impact less stats guy like Joakim Noah all day over guys like Love and Harden. I rather have a high impact, high stats guy but those of course are superstars.

Only one issue: it sounds like you like Oladipo because he's a glue guy. Glue guys don't go #1 . Glue guys may go in the lottery, but they don't go #1 .

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Oladipo will probably go in the top ten but i don't think he'll be the number one pick. And the comparison to Wade is fair in my opinion. No one knew Wade was gonna be as good as he was. They figured he's be a 20 point a game scorer but not become the superstar that he has become. If Victor works on his ballhandling (cats acting like he can't improve that) then the sky is the limit for him. Because his athleticism is elite and he is an excellent defender. And he will probably mearsure out just as big as D-Wade if not better. But i still think Nerlens or Shabazz will be the number one pick when it's all said and done. Or maybe even McLemore. I think Nerlens offense will improve and he's made a couple of moves on that end that makes me thinks he'll be a consistent double figure scorer on that end eventually. And an elite center usually wins out over an elite guard come draft time. I think Zeller will be a top 10 pick but while he'll be a good player i don't see stardom in his future.

I agree with this post. Oladipo has all star potential if he gets with the right people. I hope he doesn't end up in Charlotte though. All the physical tools are there and he seems to have a desire to be great. To be honest, he kind of reminds me of Ricky Davis, but a more professional version. A lot of you young dudes may not remember him. Dwade will most likely be his draft comparison. He is a better prospect than Dion Waiters IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I agree with this post. Oladipo has all star potential if he gets with the right people. I hope he doesn't end up in Charlotte though. All the physical tools are there and he seems to have a desire to be great. To be honest, he kind of reminds me of Ricky Davis, but a more professional version. A lot of you young dudes may not remember him. Dwade will most likely be his draft comparison. He is a better prospect than Dion Waiters IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Ricky Davis lack of BBIQ, effort, work ethic, a good first step, shooting skills and consistency is the reason he never got pass that Bonzi Wells level he achieved even with his tools and height. I will say they their dunks are similar. I don't see Victor dunking like MJ but I see him dunking more like Davis.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
The only player McLemore should be compared to right now is Ray Allen.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
1. His handles are not that decent. It's arguably his biggest limitation on offense. It's not as if Oladipo can move to SF where his handles could be masked a little better. He's stuck at a position where handles are necessary to create for yourself and possibly others.

2. Oladipo's passing is not that good.

3. For everything you said about Wade, it took a ridiculous tourney showing from him for his stock to shoot up into the top 5.

Only one issue: it sounds like you like Oladipo because he's a glue guy. Glue guys don't go #1 . Glue guys may go in the lottery, but they don't go #1 .

1. I disagree, see my reply to mastermind earlier.

2.I disagree, I find it to be very effective when he's slashing. We had one of the worst passers in the NBA in Jeff Teague on our roster. I know what bad passing looks like.

3. I do agree with that. Even with that said, he still wasn't projected to be a top 5 pick. Guys like Wade come and go. You have Wade, Russell Westbrook, Michael Jordan who are vastly underrated in college because it's a different game. I scouted 1000 of Basketball players. I feel confident in saying Victor will be elite.

4. See above. Russell Westbrook was a glue guy for UCLA.
I don't see Cody Zeller in no dunk contest :skip:

I don't see him being quite the athlete Tom was but I do see more skills and moves from Zeller than Chambers tape at Utah.