Victor Oladipo the NBA's #1 pick

Daps
His game is similar to Elgin's, just not as effective. He has a vast array of moves. Extremely athletic. Can get where he wants on the floor. Can shoot it extremely well. Very smart. Will be an excellent scorer. Why is he lite? He's no where statistically or polished to Elgin's level. Then again, Elgin played at Seattle University which wasn't Kansas much less DI at that time.

Besides, he was the only SG I could compare him to. No one has top tier athlete ability but doesn't potentially rate as a top tier defender with bigger size for his position aside from Elgin. I was kind of short on names.

:rudy:

His game isn't geared towards shooting off the dribble; creating his own offense (isos and BTTB/post game); creating offense + play-making - areas which Baylor is known for. Plus their playing styles are vastly different too.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
My list had two HOF's and one was the lite version to say the least. I count Wade as a HOF.

I don't see how this class will be weak. I evaluated weak classes before, this isn't one. People were trying to say last year's class was weak at this time last year and Andre Drummond sucked.

Last year everyone called the draft class a deep one. Some of the top picks were underachieving (Lamb, Drummond, Rivers, PJIII, T. Jones, etc) and others took their place.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:rudy:

His game isn't geared towards shooting off the dribble; creating his own offense (isos and BTTB/post game); creating offense + play-making - areas which Baylor is known for. Plus their playing styles are vastly different too.

Give me someone better then for a comparison that makes sense all around.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Dwyane Wade at Marquette had great handles.

Oladipo does not.

He did, but u could not see too much of it cause it being the college level. Ballhandling is easily the hardest shyt to judge of a college player and its the main reason why SG's dont usually go #1 , when I was watching D Rose at Memphis I had no idea dude had rocks like that, same way I felt about Wade. The 1st step is noticeable because its the most effective way for a 2 to get past nikkas at the college level. In the NBA, you actually get to showcase your iso moves which might be more important than anything else when it comes to judging 2's.

Something else I noticed at NBA level, D Wade is top 5 all time as far as crossovers go; but his moves take up so much space they are more effective against 2 defenders than 1. Wade is less effective when he is in iso cause if you play off of him his moves will lead him right into you. If you dont have a consistant jumper, u need to use body fakes more than dribble moves (especially if u are getting older and that 1st step is not as it was) cause if they give you space...................... U want to know what, fukk this post, im blowed as fukk off work, I dont feel like explaining this bullshyt:aicmon:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
My list had two HOF's and one was the lite version to say the least. I count Wade as a HOF.

I don't see how this class will be weak. I evaluated weak classes before, this isn't one. People were trying to say last year's class was weak at this time last year and Andre Drummond sucked.

This draft is weak, there's really nobody in it that you can look at and say will be a sure fire impact player. Also, last years draft wasn't viewed as weak, it just wasn't thought of as great as it was a year earlier, and looking at how some of the rookies are performing right now it's a very good draft.

Also, Drummond was viewed as pretty much the only player with a chance of being better than Davis, even though he went 9th.

I don't know about that. If I am a team in this draft. I like the two SG's, the four PG's, and of course Noel. Don't sleep on Zeller, he can be a legit 20 PPG+ scorer in a up tempo system.

Noel can easily be 245-250 next year with NBA conditioning. He also has decent low strength which is important for a center. Then again, Dwight didn't have it and it didn't hurt him too much. Noel will be big enough to play center in the NBA without a question. His lateral movement is superior to Ibaka's as well. Ibaka's vertical and explosiveness is top tier though.

Anthony Davis is a PF because of his weight distribution. Noel has good weight distribution and wingspan. He's more like Deke and Camby than Davis and Garnett.

Noel is 225lbs, he's not putting on 20-30lbs in such a short period of time, only way he could is if the majority of it is fat.

QuarterCenturyLegend

Stoopid Life
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Terrell Brandon comparison is accurate. Dude was nice, just played for the sorry Cavs too long. Chauncey doesn't have the handles of Burke or Brandon.

Olidipo is athletic but is still raw. He works hard though and he should be a solid pro. His bball IQ is average but could get better. His handles are still suspect, but dude could also be great on defense at the next level. All in all, he is no doubt a lottery pick, but not in the Top 7.

When were the Cavs ever sorry when Terrell Brandon played in Cleveland?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This draft is weak, there's really nobody in it that you can look at and say will be a sure fire impact player. Also, last years draft wasn't viewed as weak, it just wasn't thought of as great as it was a year earlier, and looking at how some of the rookies are performing right now it's a very good draft.

Also, Drummond was viewed as pretty much the only player with a chance of being better than Davis, even though he went 9th.

Noel is 225lbs, he's not putting on 20-30lbs in such a short period of time, only way he could is if the majority of it is fat.

228-230, you can easily gain 20-25 pounds with his frame at 19 years old. Dwight went from 225 as a 17 year old to 270 as a 20 year old.

I don't think no one thought anyone would be better than Davis in the draft after the early tournaments.

Just because you say it's weak doesn't mean I will agree when I don't. 1/3 of last years first rounders ending up in the D-League. This class as more upperclassmen. This won't be as green as 2012. That's big in my opinion.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Please don't read anymore. You always come into Basketball threads like a tool. Stay in soccerland or RG3 world if you want to come with simple lame one liners.
Why are you mad? I disagree about comparing dude to Wade. Wade's handles are what separated him from a guy like Oladipo.

It's not a diss of Oladipo, it's a disagreement with your comparison.

Even if we say Wade's handles were hit or miss at Marquette, that's a lot better than Oladipo's.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
228-230, you can easily gain 20-25 pounds with his frame at 19 years old. Dwight went from 225 as a 17 year old to 270 as a 20 year old.

Dwight was 240lbs @ the combine, and then added additional weight before the start of the season. The odds of Noel going into the NBA combine at 240lbs are low, and keep in mind Dwight was younger than him.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Why are you mad? I disagree about comparing dude to Wade. Wade's handles are what separated him from a guy like Oladipo.

It's not a diss of Oladipo, it's a disagreement with your comparison.

Even if we say Wade's handles were hit or miss at Marquette, that's a lot better than Oladipo's.

mastermind, you cool in Football and Soccer threads but you always come in Basketball threads with lame one liners, if you don't agree, move on that point. I don't try to insult you if we are just talking sports.

I don't take it as a diss. I watched both players. Wade was my biggest bang for your buck prospect I've rated. Felt like a millionaire after being right about him. I remember what Wade handles were, inconsistent. Used to get him in trouble. He improved a lot in the NBA at it. Oladipo has enough handles. That's all you need when you got decent range and a freakishly quick first step.

A rich man's Gerald Green.

:troll:

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
I like this draft more than some...but I think he's only got pieces of Wade's game not nearly as directly related

I understand the explosion aspect...but Oladipo I believe is a better defender...he's able to stay in front of his man easier than Wade...but Wade was really great at knowing when to gamble and how to play the passing lanes

and Wade is a superior playmaker...and a much better scorer...this is Oladipo's third year and he's at 14 ppg...Wade was at 18 and 21 ppg in his two years at Marquette

Wade also averaged four and a half assists a game...Oladipo I believe is around 2

With Wade we're talking about a player at his peak that was dropping triple doubles in the NCAA tournament...Oladipo doesn't have that kind of court vision...I couldn't imagine him getting that kind of assist total

now...I dont have a better comparison because I don't follow the NBA nearly as closely as I follow college...so maybe Wade's the closest...but I see more differences than similarities in their games.