Very Very Very Important Question For Those Of You Who Considers Yourself "Pro-Black/Conscious"

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I was under the impression nikka is derived from the Spaniards/Portuguese term negro which is used to describe color.

Can you break down/post info were negus was appropriated to describe skin tone and not hierarchical Ethiopian lineage.

Thank you in advance.
It really started after cacs took power in the 1490's when the Moors were kicked out of Spain. Black skin was now seen as the enemy and when they started to enslave Africans they called them "N" word as an insult. The stupid cacs couldn't pronounce negus/naga so they started to call them ****** or nikka instead because it was easier. Thats the basics of it

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
It really started after cacs took power in the 1490's when the Moors were kicked out of Spain. Black skin was now seen as the enemy and when they started to enslave Africans they called them "N" word as an insult. The stupid cacs couldn't pronounce negus/naga so they started to call them ****** or nikka instead because it was easier. Thats the basics of it
:laff::laff::laff:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
How is showing the history of the word mental gymnastics?

Shame on you for allowing white people to twist our own words of pride to destroy our legacy

So which white-sanctioned words is allowable that you can feel more comfortable saying around whites :lupe:

:mjlol:

B1tch n1kka, pu55y n1kka, Fukk n1kka are "terms of endearment":mjlol:

All I'm saying is stop using it in a demeaning way if the word was meant to uplift and be used in a prideful way. Whenever y'all use the word to degrade other blacks, y'all are disrespecting our ancestors.

Can't have it both ways. Use it in a prideful and uplifting way if your gonna use it. REALLY flip the word back around. As of right now, its still being used to demean and degrade each other. You know this. Stop with the gymnastics.

And this has nothing to do with whites!!!! Get white people out y'all minds!!!

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Let me ask you a question, when most black people use the word nikka are they using it in a derogatory way? In most cases the answer would be no. We have a problem with the word nikka because of how white people use the word. I'm not about to stop saying nikka just because white people can't say it. Wherever the word derived from is not the way we use it among ourselves today. We took that word and made it our own and I dont have a problem with people using it. I DO have a problem with people not using it just because white society is butthurt because they cant say without backlash. fukk them, its not their word to use, its ours and if you one of those we have to stop using it so they stop using ass mofos then I dont want to hear shyt you have to tell me. If you genuinely dont like using the word because you dont like be referred to as one than that is a whole different discussion.
I disagree, and its DAMN SURE not being used to uplift each other. The word is now rarely used in its original context. Its mainly used to demean each other. Has nothing to do with whites. The word flat out sounds stupid and ignorant and its a damn shame that so many of us don't have the self esteem to NOT use the word. If we're gonna OWN the word then stop saying "b1tch n1kka", "pu55y n1kka" etc. I hear it used that way mostly and not to uplift

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
As long as that word lives, it will continue to make white people uncomfortable and remind them of Amerikkkas wicked past.

Anything that will spotlight our condition is a good thing, fukk white peoples feelings. But those in leadership positions should minimize its use because we don't need to carry Amerikkka baggage into our new society, whenever that comes about.
Why are y'all still talking about white people:mindblown:

I'm black and when I hear blacks calling each other that word, it sounds flat out ignorant and stupid TO ME!! When I hear other races of people saying it I think the same: ignorant and low class

I have a 3 year old and that word will not be allowed to be said by her. She will be taught that she has more respect for herself than that

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

B1tch n1kka, pu55y n1kka, Fukk n1kka are "terms of endearment":mjlol:

All I'm saying is stop using it in a demeaning way if the word was meant to uplift and be used in a prideful way. Whenever y'all use the word to degrade other blacks, y'all are disrespecting our ancestors.

Can't have it both ways. Use it in a prideful and uplifting way if your gonna use it. REALLY flip the word back around. As of right now, its still being used to demean and degrade each other. You know this. Stop with the gymnastics.

And this has nothing to do with whites!!!! Get white people out y'all minds!!!

I don't use the word in a demeaning way. Nice for you to assume. I uphold the world, so sad that you don't

The same dude who made a thread of shaming Black people cause of how white people negatively view Hip Hop is saying to "Get White people out of your minds"

Thanks for making my day :laff::laff::laff:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I don't consider myself pro black/ conscious by coli standards. But it's one of the the few things African Americans will at least try to hold on to. It's ours. And I feel like we as a people, a culture, have lost to much already to be throwing stuff away. No disrespect is meant. If folks I know aint cool with it, it stops in their presence.

But being called nikka was not nearly the most demeaning thing out people went through. Not by a long shot.
Basically how I feel. I dont try to claim it as a "term of endearment" because it is a versatile word. Just like the word "dude", except it's ours.

It also seems like an exclamatory word. It adds emphasis.
My nikka :myman:
This nikka... :stopitslime:
nikka! :damn:
nikka, please. :usure: