Very Very Very Important Question For Those Of You Who Considers Yourself "Pro-Black/Conscious"

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Keep thinking the white man created the word nikka brehs :francis:.

If you were self conscious you would know that the word nikka comes from Ethiopia (Africa) and it means black God/king. Know thy self Black Man
giphy.gif
That's false

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I understand the term "woke" based on the context that it's used in, but what is the origin of this expression? It is something I have only heard online and never in person, not in DC, ATL, Houston, Chicago, or Miami.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
nikka is just a word. Vocabulary in every language evolves and changes with context as time moves on. nikka clearly has a different meaning, connotation, and is used in different context than the word ******. Not to mention it's literally a different word with its own unique spelling

If you can't admit that and then understand why many black people use it then I don't know what to tell you.

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Understand your
history my negus then you will understand why I call you my nikka:blessed:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The debate over nikka is low-hanging fruit compared to our depictions in popular media, our pathological addiction to retail and poor heath habits, lack of collective economics and white supremacy.

I'm not a hotep, but this seems obvious to me.

Some people can say nikka with pride and others don't. There can be a fortune 500, high self-worth, pro-black type cat that still uses "nikka".

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
A big part of the system we're in is ensuring and maintaining the lowered self esteem of black people
o9xmeZo.jpg

I guess I'm using my own personal journey of my increased racial pride correlating with my disgust for the word

Fraudzi back at at with his bullshyt :laff:

The hypocrisy of Fraudzi is back :wow: