Very Very Very Important Question For Those Of You Who Considers Yourself "Pro-Black/Conscious"

s3ven_LvLs

All Star
Daps
I say it because i know that it is not derogatory when i am saying it . It is equivalent to bro or man. Most times i feel like people don't say it because they don't want white people or people who are not of that space shaking their heads at it when they clearly don't know what it is.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Its doesn't say the entire continent was considered Ethiopia, just a particular region.

Moors where Ethiopian...not considered north african?

So Kemet was considered Ethiopian as well..

Can you elaborate on this then?
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/odwira...1--actual-origins-of-the-terms-god-nikka-moor

There is a great deal of misinformation being circulated regarding the terms 'god', '******', 'moor', 'black' and 'Africa'. Those amongst our people who have embraced and promulgated this misinformation out of ignorance include those who are considered researchers, Ph.Ds, elders, scholars, linguists, traditional priests/esses, spiritualists, metaphysicians, master-teachers, journalists, etc.

Afurakanu/Afuraitkaitnut (Africans~Black People) are not moors, nikkas/nagas, hebrews, israelites, asiatic, gods, extraterrestrials, atlanteans or any other related foolish designations. We have published a series of articles and books which thoroughly demonstrate the actual origins of the terms 'god', '******', 'moor', 'black' and 'Africa' so that our people can have and promulgate accurate information and restore a sound knowledge of our identity to our community. We will examine these publications:

ANIDAHO

---Note on the Term Ngg Wr or Ngng Wr in Kamit – Ngg Ur is not ‘******’ – Part 1

---Origin of the term 'God' - Note on the term Ngg Wr or Ngng Wr in Kamit: Ngg Ur is Not 'nikka' - Part 2

---NEHESU-NEGUS-NKOSO – Negus is Not ‘nikka’

---NYANKOPON-NYANKONTON – RA-RAIT

MOOR MEANS 'DEAD'

AFURAKA/AFURAITKAIT - The Origin of the term 'Africa'

KUKUU-TUNTUM - The Ancestral Jurisdiction

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think I've said the N word in conversation in years; if I stopped reciting rap lyrics I'd never say it again.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Its doesn't say the entire continent was considered Ethiopia, just a particular region.

Moors where Ethiopian...not considered north african?

So Kemet was considered Ethiopian as well..

Can you elaborate on this then?
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/odwira...1--actual-origins-of-the-terms-god-nikka-moor

There is a great deal of misinformation being circulated regarding the terms 'god', '******', 'moor', 'black' and 'Africa'. Those amongst our people who have embraced and promulgated this misinformation out of ignorance include those who are considered researchers, Ph.Ds, elders, scholars, linguists, traditional priests/esses, spiritualists, metaphysicians, master-teachers, journalists, etc.

Afurakanu/Afuraitkaitnut (Africans~Black People) are not moors, nikkas/nagas, hebrews, israelites, asiatic, gods, extraterrestrials, atlanteans or any other related foolish designations. We have published a series of articles and books which thoroughly demonstrate the actual origins of the terms 'god', '******', 'moor', 'black' and 'Africa' so that our people can have and promulgate accurate information and restore a sound knowledge of our identity to our community. We will examine these publications:

ANIDAHO

---Note on the Term Ngg Wr or Ngng Wr in Kamit – Ngg Ur is not ‘******’ – Part 1

---Origin of the term 'God' - Note on the term Ngg Wr or Ngng Wr in Kamit: Ngg Ur is Not 'nikka' - Part 2

---NEHESU-NEGUS-NKOSO – Negus is Not ‘nikka’

---NYANKOPON-NYANKONTON – RA-RAIT

MOOR MEANS 'DEAD'

AFURAKA/AFURAITKAIT - The Origin of the term 'Africa'

KUKUU-TUNTUM - The Ancestral Jurisdiction
:what:. I'll research further but a lot of this sounds a lil too fishy :jbhmm:

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
As someone already stated, no other race refers to each other by a tweaked version of a derogatory slur invented by an oppressor.

The Negus talk has nothing to do with it, so minus that, it really does sound stupid as fukk to call ourselves and each other that shiet.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel pro-black/consciousness is a way of thinking accompanied by a set of actions. Doesn't matter if they use the 'N' word or not.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thought you were gonna making another same damn thread about the evils of hip-hop and its affect oo the black community. :mjlol:

But yeah, I fully agree. I've posted about it a couple times already on here about the plain insanity and cognitive dissonance at reifying and strengthening a term to yourself and your people that is literally against you, the same term that was thrown at our ancestors with the intent to utterly destroy our being. :yeshrug:

Nothing but truth spoken. The word "nikka" isn't usually used in the context of brotherhood or endearment, it usually has negative energy behind it. The psychological remnants of white supremacy runs deep and we as a people are in denial about it.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have a problem with it out in the open. No issue with it among ourselves as we understand the context. Non-whites simply do not.

The problem is us using it around non-whites and allowing them a pass to use it.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
:feedme::feedme::feedme:

Because if that's the case, I'm pulling up on the language.

That is some foul shyt, folks hated the Moors that much:wtf:.

Etymology of Black and Moor – Oguejiofo Annu | Rasta Livewire

This page I looked up online kind of explains the eptmypology of the word. But look up books by Runoko Rashidi, Ivan Van Sertima, Joel Augustus Rogers, etc

It was not till the sixteenth century that the semantic broadening of black occured- both figurative connotations as well as literal.

From ‘blac, blake, bleaken, blaccen’ and their literal meaning ‘to bleach out or make white, blond or pale’ came the figurative meaning ‘to stain someones reputation, or defame’ or darken. Literally “blac” by that time came to mean night-like colour, dark. One can say a very dramatic shift indeed. It was also the era, when the Vandals and the Goths were busy writing themselves into history and writing out the European Mauros (melan-chros or melanin people) out of history.

These additional meanings however was purely negative and as their influence broadened, the semantic shift of black began to mean having malignant or deadly purposes and even pertaining to or involving death- ‘black curse’(1583), and from previous centuries ‘The Black Death’.

The word "Black" was used as a negative connotation to describe us right after the Moorish rule of Spain ended. I guess we should ban the word too cause whitey said so :jbhmm: