Very Very Very Important Question For Those Of You Who Considers Yourself "Pro-Black/Conscious"

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
is Jay-Z conscious...is TI conscious...is common conscious...

the N word is ingrained in African American culture...

sometimes I'll be listening to a rap song and it's all going great and then they throw in the n-word and I'll just thinking to myself was that even necessary...

couldn't they just have said "brothers" instead:what:...

and it's crazy because you know that they don't use the n-word like that in their daily vocabulary but only when they get in the booth they feel compelled to say it to showcase their ignorance to the masses...

change starts at the top of the millionaire black Americans are doing it then it's going proliferate right down to the working class.... not the other way around:ufdup:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree @PhonZhi but when communicating with our people its much better to speak on a level they can relate to.

That word should be eradiated from EVERYONES vocabulary...but its not realistic that everyone is gonna stop saying it overnight.

And its much more reasonable to believe that the people we are trying to get a message across to would listen to someone who speaks their language, than a Colin Powel flat out well spoken scholarly negro. People take offense and feel talked down to when using "big words" or constantly engaging in a white washed vocabulary.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
This question is ONLY for those of you who consider yourself "woke" and have a pro-black mindset. The question is how can you continue to refer to yourself and other black people as "Nikkaz"? I legit don't get it:dwillhuh:

For me personally, that word has been out of my vocab for a few years. Never really was actually. I may type it here and there only as an example or quoting something but I actually DESPISE that word now. I even hate reading it on here. I hate having to say it in my mind when I'm reading y'all posts.

The thing is that my position on that word came about only after gaining a sense of increased racial pride the past few years. My entire mindset has changed due to my increased knowledge of self and past history. That's why I now consider myself "woke" or whatever word you wanna use.

Some of you make some great posts and threads about the state of the black community and I'm reading it like :ehh:
until I see the word "nikka" used :snoop:

I think to myself, how can this person be so "conscious" about what's going on and appear to have an increased racial pride but still refer to himself and other blacks as one of the most demeaning words in the human language. I just don't understand. Y'all help me understand. :mjcry:

How can you be a so-called "proud" black person and still want to call yourself a "n1gger"?

You can't claim be Pro-Black and not know your history breh. Shame on you :ufdup: