Very Very Very Important Question For Those Of You Who Considers Yourself "Pro-Black/Conscious"

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't consider myself pro black/ conscious by coli standards. But it's one of the the few things African Americans will at least try to hold on to. It's ours. And I feel like we as a people, a culture, have lost to much already to be throwing stuff away. No disrespect is meant. If folks I know aint cool with it, it stops in their presence.

But being called nikka was not nearly the most demeaning thing out people went through. Not by a long shot.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
What tangible and quantifiable net benefit have you gained by not using the word nikka?
Your placing the carriage before the horse breh. The change within myself (increased racial pride/self esteem) occurred FIRST. Me stopping using that filthy word was a result of that. There is no quantifiable net benefit to not using that word. There is a quantifiable net benefit to having an increased racial pride tho. And that's what they DONT want on a mass scale. A nation full of proud black people with high self esteem:blessed:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
To say that you shouldn't use the word nikka at all is the same logic that says you shouldn't burn the flag or protest the anthem, etc. etc. Its basically saying "don't do this because we have declared it bad." With the we being white people or more aptly put the white "system" aka white supremacist bullshyt.
Has nothing to do with white people breh. I don't understand how you can gain a sense of pride and still want to call yourself that. I mean if we DID truly flip it as a term of endearment than maybe I could understand but I rarely see or hear it used like that. B1tch n1kka, pu55y n1kka, etc. Its still degrading each other.

And when did white people declare it bad? I'm confused

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
Has nothing to do with white people breh. I don't understand how you can gain a sense of pride and still want to call yourself that. I mean if we DID truly flip it as a term of endearment than maybe I could understand but I rarely see or hear it used like that. B1tch n1kka, pu55y n1kka, etc. Its still degrading each other.

And when did white people declare it bad? I'm confused

I agree with the bolded. But again, that goes back to context. In that context its bad. But calling someone a bytch nikka is no different than calling someone a cake or fukk boy. Its derogatory. But there are many uses of nikka that aren't derogatory.

As for white people declaring it bad, I associate the "stop calling each other nikka" line of thinking with the "if I can't say it, you can't say it crowd." Aka white people declaring it bad. But fukk that. There's nothing more pro-black than black people being able to uplift each other however they want. Even if, and maybe especially if, other people can't use the same language.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Why specifically is this bullshyt?
Because I rarely see or hear it being used to uplift each other. Every time I see it, its being used to tear each other down. In just not getting "king" & "god" vibes from that word. :yeshrug:

Just my opinion. If you use the word to uplift and motivate fellow blacks then by all mean continue breh:salute:

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Ive been using it lately on here but youre right @PhonZhi

Usually I rarely use it, guess other people been wearing off on me

Its a mindset too now not just a term of endearment. How can the word be used the way it is today and be a term of endearment?

"Shoot a nikka in his face, knock his nose off"

"nikkas aint shyt"

"fukk them other nikkas cuz Im down for my nikkas"

The word is basically a slur. A racist and sexist slur

Lets be honest when people say nikka they mean a black male :yeshrug:

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
Because I rarely see or hear it being used to uplift each other. Every time I see it, its being used to tear each other down. In just not getting "king" & "god" vibes from that word. :yeshrug:

Just my opinion. If you use the word to uplift and motivate fellow blacks then by all mean continue breh:salute:

Already MY nikka! :salute: :myman: