Utopia Season 2 "The Network is Watching"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hexagram23 u gonna shuffle your top 5 if this season maintains the quality? :mjpls:

Eh....I can't really.

By my own rules a show has to run at the very last 4 seasons before I can consider it a GOAT contender. Anything less isn't fair. Especially with shortened seasons like "Utopia". In comparison, let's say "The Sopranos"....half way through the second season would be 20 episodes, vs 9 episodes of this.

If they pull off the next 3 episodes it will likely crack my top 10 though.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@hexagram23 u gonna shuffle your top 5 if this season maintains the quality? :mjpls:

Unless this shyt falls off the rails these last couple episodes, it will take over Hannibal's spot as my #2 probably

Matter of fact, I should rewatch Season 1 too because I will probably like it better the second time

EDIT: Talking about "currently running" obviously

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Eh....I can't really.

By my own rules a show has to run at the very last 4 seasons before I can consider it a GOAT contender. Anything less isn't fair. Especially with shortened seasons like "Utopia". In comparison, let's say "The Sopranos"....half way through the second season would be 20 episodes, vs 9 episodes of this.

If they pull off the next 3 episodes it will likely crack my top 10 though.

Fred.
how does orphan black compare to this? ive had em on my hard drive but never peeped

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how does orphan black compare to this? ive had em on my hard drive but never peeped

It's a cool show but I wouldn't say it's as good as "Utopia", quality wise. If we're talking about the current gen of GOAT level shows it's more a B tier, whereas this, "True Detective", "Hannibal" and "Fargo" are A tier.

I will say this though, Tatiana Maslany has been the best actress on TV since that show started. Easily.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So I see Dugdale is still a weak ass nikka... :beli:

I'll take that comment back if the Network are holding his wife and Alice hostage. I just thought it was grimy how he let the science girl get fukked up like that. :to: But she was too curious for her own good.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Adam3000 just had a crazy thought. :lupe:

What if we're both right? What if the vaccine is for the Hong Kong flu, so it seems "official" if anyone checks it, but they're actually releasing Project: L?

Sterilize the human race with the vaccine, and kill off most of the population with Project: L, so whoever does survive will be the strongest to eventually repopulate the planet?

:lupe:

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's a cool show but I wouldn't say it's as good as "Utopia", quality wise. If we're talking about the current gen of GOAT level shows it's more a B tier, whereas this, "True Detective", "Hannibal" and "Fargo" are A tier.

I will say this though, Tatiana Maslany has been the best actress on TV since that show started. Easily.

Fred.
that shade at GoT though :bryan:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This episode they were saying there's really a flu. "Jimmy Deesh: L" is the virus....and "fat man" (some sort of bomb) will be the delivery device, right?

I'll rewatch the ep over breakfast because like I said I wasn't paying attention for a few scenes. But hell....just because they said it in season 1 doesn't necessarily mean it's true. We thought Carvel was dead, too.

Fred.

I know about the new virus, however they weren't going to use it. Only the vaccine. Russian Flu was false virus/pandemic to rile up people into getting the jab that contains Janus. However it's probably based on the Hong Kong Flu, the symptoms that is.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know about the new virus, however they weren't going to use it.

This episode makes it seem like they are planning on using it though, that's where the confusion is coming from.

Fred.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jessica really jumped into the Medical Waste chute? So she's immune? I had to look up medical waste to make sure I wasn't tripping.

What is “medical waste” or “potentially infectious” material?
The Medical Waste Tracking Act of 1988 broadly defined medical waste as any solid waste that is generated in the diagnosis, treatment, or immunization of human beings or animals. It excluded hazardous waste and household waste. Specifically, the law stated that medical waste included, but was not limited to, the following:

• Items that are freely dripping liquid or semi-liquid blood or "potentially infectious materials" or could readily release infectious materials if compressed
  • Items containing dried blood or "potentially infectious materials" that could release flakes if compressed or otherwise handled
  • Human blood and blood products, including serum, plasma, and blood components
  • Hemodialysis waste of all items that were in contact with the patient’s blood (tubing, filters, towels, gloves, aprons, lab coats) and any other contaminated disposable equipment)*
  • Human or animal isolation wastes (blood, excretion, exudates, secretions, and items contaminated with these) from humans or animals that have been isolated to protect others from communicable diseases*
  • Sharps waste
  • Surgery or autopsy tissue, organs, or body parts (eg, adenoids, appendix, tonsils, amputated digits, hands, feet, arms or legs), also known as pathological wastes
  • Surgical and autopsy wastes (eg, soiled dressings, sponges, drapes, lavage tubes, drainage sets, underpads, and surgical gloves) that were in contact with infectious agents*
  • Cultures or stocks of any virus, bacterium or other organism including discarded live attenuated vaccines and the items used to transfer, inoculate or mix cultures
  • Tissues, organs, body parts, bedding, carcasses, and body fluids from experimental animals that were exposed to infectious agents
  • Teeth in dentistry
  • Laboratory wastes that have been in contact with infectious wastes, including gloves, coats and aprons*
  • Discarded medical equipment and its components that have been in contact with infectious agents*
  • Any other discarded item or waste that an administrator believes poses a threat to human health or the environment
Potentially infectious body fluids (see next FAQ)

I also wish that they would have sped this up like make this episode the second one. I almost didn't notice that it was the third episode already. Sucks that Amy Farrah Fowler's UK doppleganger went out like that. Fam tried until she told him she has the at home lab cooking already. How did Carvel fake his death all this time? Why were Wilson Wilson and Lee playing "How Low Can You Go?" in the middle of the street? I hope Wilson Wilson's character has a surprise or two left by the end of the series. Ian, get out your feelings. There's more important things to attend to.