Utopia Season 2 "The Network is Watching"

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Millna learning Phillip's alive made her slip up:ufdup:. and reveal The Network's still tracking the crew's whereabouts:lupe: Chess, not checkers, fools:patrice: So, Arby's still bad, and not really good:dwillhuh: Throw fukkboi Wilson in the bushes:birdman: That one-eyed trader ain't built for the Janus life:stopitslime: Ian's annoying co-worker got Office Supply'd up:youngsabo:And, Jessica Hyde's one psychotic wicked bloody chick:banderas:

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
@hexagram23 and @Adam3000 Just all around confused me about the viruses and vaccines.:mindblown: I'm going to have to rewatch now.

:shaq2: Ian still believes in Milner, Jessica went there and never came back yet he still wants to believe she is on their side. Hopefully her slip up is enough for him to stop believing.

Am I the only person extremely annoyed by Becky?

:scusthov:Wilsonx2 continues is ascent up the list of all time fukkboys on TV. How you let someone club you in the knee and you got a gun aimed at him. Not to mention the fact dude killed your dad.

:skip:Dugdale is a straight up bytch for that shyt brehs. I hope he dies. I can't excuse that shyt. I hope he dies.:camby:

:pachaha:Lee just all swagged out in his yellow shyt, and doesn't have an ounce of fear regarding Wilsonx2

:sas1:Arby still doing his thing, but whats his long game:patrice:

:blessed:Jessica Hyde

:beli: At Milner simping for Carvel, kind of degrades her toughness as a character.

:dwillhuh:At Carvel being alive, not sure how I feel about that honestly. Not sure its needed, but that opens up plenty of story lines. How will his kids feel about that, seems Jessica loves him regardless but Arby probably remembers when he got that stiff arm. Idk brehs I think I liked it better with him being dead.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Yeah like I said I'm may have been twisting something, but the parts that seem solidified are that Jimmy Deesh L is the Hong Kong flu (hacker dude said it was the flu) and that the Russian Flu is just a reintroduction of that (scientist chick said the stuctures are identical). Correct me if I'm wrong there, I may have missed some dialogue

I just checked google and the Hong Kong flu spread in 1968

So the mystery I guess is what how is "Fat Man" relevant

Pretty sure he's using "fat man" metaphorically...equating Jimmy Deesh L as a weaponized virus to nuclear weapons that has the potential to destroy all life on the planet, not that The Network had anything to do with the actual bomb dropped on nagasaki ... with them planning to go ahead with V-Day despite them having the slightest idea what changes he made to janus, i was thinking that maybe it's not gonna end up sterilizing people but killing everyone instead...or that the virus they're hyping to get people to get the vaccine is more deadly than expected and gets out of control or some shyt like that

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was on vacation the past week so I wasn't able to watch the last two episodes until this morning.

:wow::blessed:
till swagless Lee came through looking like john mccain and crush the buildings :sadcam:
:ufdup:Lee is never swagless

Wilson: You took my eye out.

Lee: I was just doing my job :manny: Besides, you got a nice new piratey look out of it, all I got was partial paralysis:troll:

Wilson: :pachaha:I guess we're even

Lee: Even:skip: Oh no,:shaq:not by a long shot :leostare:

Wilson::sadcam:

These people kill and don't blink, fake double spies, kill kids the whole 9, and this is who some of you feel can make a sound decision regarding Janus???

:dahell:

They don't even know what Calver did with the shyt and they're about to introduce it in third world countries. Gonna fukk around and create flying zombies and shyt..........:mjlol:

:ohhh:

Jessica Hyde vs flying zombies :wow:

how does orphan black compare to this? ive had em on my hard drive but never peeped

First season was pretty good, like others have said, the main actress is the best on tv right now, she's fukking amazing. Second season was :ld:though, no fault of hers. Second season they tried to make the world too big and it just kinda fell apart, wasn't as fun as the first season.

It's a cool show but I wouldn't say it's as good as "Utopia", quality wise. If we're talking about the current gen of GOAT level shows it's more a B tier, whereas this, "True Detective", "Hannibal" and "Fargo" are A tier.

Fred.
Yeah, even at it's best it wasn't on that level.

Not a show like Walking Dead or Sons of Anarchy where it's shytty but you watch for the fukkery, it's first season was pretty good, just not elite.

Might be my favourite character in the show

Lee: "what I like about you Wilson is all of the stuff you know is fukking useless :sas1:"
Wilson: "knowledge is never useless :beli:
Lee: "weren't much use when I got my spoon out :sas2:"

Just....vulgar :wow:
I might have to start stanning Lee:wow:

Been stanning him since he walked in the comic shop the first episode looking like Schmidt/Robin Thicke, sized dude up and took him out with the hammer.

Based on his comments to Wilson, I don't even think he believes in the Janus shyt, he's just doing what he's good at.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Due to what Carvel stated I'm inclined to believe there is something deadly in regards to Janus now. Up until then I was inclined to believe it would just sterilize folks, but being sterile doesn't kill you.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I can't think of anything big except maybe Carvel lied to prevent The Network from using Janus and there's no real edit? Or maybe it's contagious and it sterilizes everyone ending the human race?

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
JdzoCAY.jpg

:wow:

the screenshot doesnt even do this any justice...it looks so beautiful on my tv :wow:

I think they use some sort of technicolor filter in post production.

That's my guess.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-07/11/utopia-channel-4

Like comic-book artists, Munden and colourist Aidan Farrell carefully colour-correct each shot in post-production -- though they use grading software Nucoda Film Master instead of a brush or pen. "It's the equivalent of when they used to hand-paint photos in the Edwardian times," says Munden. "So, we choose certain colours like yellow and turquoise and paint them into the shots afterwards. The skies that we shot weren't always blue, they were mostly grey British skies. The same goes for making grass greener, eyes brighter, or turning a blue van yellow."

:wow:

Fred.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree that visuals on this show is on a hundred, thousand, trillion:wow:

...I don't see how the US version can emulate that technicolor or the British unique exteriors/locations:yeshrug: