Utopia Season 2 "The Network is Watching"

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's still not over the comic book no matter what you just typed.

If they never should have created it then we don't have a show to talk about huh?

That's one thing about you, you always have to go overboard when you think you're proving a point.

If we followed your line of thought, Milner would have shut it down on some, "You know what Carvel, you're right. WE'RE DONE HERE EVERYONE! Good night."

We're discussing a TV and you always have to OD.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's still not over the comic book no matter what you just typed.

If they never should have created it then we don't have a show to talk about huh?

That's one thing about you, you always have to go overboard when you think you're proving a point.

If we followed your line of thought, Milner would have shut it down on some, "You know what Carvel, you're right. WE'RE DONE HERE EVERYONE! Good night."

We're discussing a TV and you always have to OD.

So why did the 2 goons kill everyone in the comic book store in the first scene of season 1? Oh, because the comic book was there. Why'd they shoot up the school? Because the kid took the comic.

The people doing all this shyt for Milner had no idea Janus was in Jessica. They were chasing the comic on her orders.

The problem with your logic is you're saying it happened on the show, therefore it's justified.

And she didn't....that don't mean she's correct. The two are completely unrelated.

That doesn't mean they should've created it. Again....the problem with your logic is you're saying it happened on the show, therefore it's justified. That's like saying "if Walt never dealt meth, we'd have no Breaking Bad"....he still should've never done it, totally independent of whether or not the show exists. It's not as if his decision was based on a show being built around it, anyway.

I have no idea how you cats argue and defend your points in real life if you consider this "ODing". I'm calm, discussing a TV show. I just disagree with basically everything you said, so I spoke on it.

Fred.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@analog posted the "whoa" smiley because you OD. Cats in the True Detective thread got at you because you OD. It's not bad, it's just how you get when you disagree. Own it.

I say that The Network has been killing and framing people since their inception and you repeat their deeds as if that postulates something different. (It doesn't.)

You bring up Zyklon B but this is a TV show. That has no bearing on this. You know, because it a TV show.

No matter what you say,

if they don't create Janus, we have nothing to discuss.

Somehow you still shoe horn Breaking Bad into this which is laughable. With respect to your example, this is nothing like that because Walt selling meth isn't the point. He could have done anything. Janus (and it's use/ prevention) is the crux of this show.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@analog posted the "whoa" smiley because you OD. Cats in the True Detective thread got at you because you OD. It's not bad, it's just how you get when you disagree. Own it.

I say that The Network has been killing and framing people since their inception and you repeat their deeds as if that postulates something different. (It doesn't.)

You bring up Zyklon B but this is a TV show. That has no bearing on this. You know, because it a TV show.

No matter what you say,

if they don't create Janus, we have nothing to discuss.

Somehow you still shoe horn Breaking Bad into this which is laughable. With respect to your example, this is nothing like that because Walt selling meth isn't the point. He could have done anything. Janus (and it's use/ prevention) is the crux of this show.

@analog can speak on why he used the smilie himself, he's a grown man. If cats thought I ODed they wouldn't have land slide voted me the mod of this board. So stop acting like this is some kinda widely accepted fact, and focus on the show. Notice I'm attacking your points, not you.

Ok let's try this again. Yes, they've been killing and framing people....and? It was predicated on a comic book, which ended up being useless. There was no fact checking that went into the order "go kill everyone in that comic book store, go shoot up a school, go frame Ian for molestation"....they just did it.

That's my point. This isn't a well thought out organization, but they have the power to sterilize the planet.

We can discuss how they probably shouldn't have created Janus within the context of the story without it turning into "well, why does this show exist then?!". Which I know you're smart enough to know, so I don't even understand bringing that up.

Lastly "Breaking Bad" wasn't the point. The point was that character made a series of terrible decisions, which anybody watching the show would probably question....which has nothing to do with questioning whether or not the show should exist.

Fred.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You OD. That is truth. It's hilarious how you want to divert from that by toting your "modship". You being OD doesn't make you a bad person or unworthy of being a mod. Never said that it did. Don't confuse OD for biased. Saying you're OD isn't a shot, it's how you act sometimes.

Did Milner order the deaths of those scientists because of the comic?
Did she have Carvel tortured because of the comic?
What about shaking down Dr. Isherwood?
Killing Isherwood's friend?
Threatening to murder Carvel's wife?
Allowing him to keep Jessica after her birth?

Who was supposed to fact check if Milner and her Number 2 know why they are doing what they are doing? Hired hands? Hitmen? Arby? How does this make The Network a "not well thought out organization"? Milner did all that (Comic shop murders, Wilson Wilson, school shooting etc) to get closer to Jessica, which she was successful at. You call how they are amassing the money "not well thought out" as well?

I laughed at you bringing up Breaking Bad because it's almost as if you cannot help but do so. fukk Breaking Bad. Without Walt making those "terrible decisions" no one would have anything to "probably question". The story births the question no? You know that but want to keep typing that point over and over. Why don't you go back further and say "Well, if Gillian didn't write it?" etc. I'm done with this point of the discussion.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
And I have to agree with @hexagram23 Wilson Wilson maybe in my top 5 TV sellouts of all time.

Consider this dude originated as a character against "the man" basically made himself a ghost by deleting all records of himself in order to not be at part of the system only to turn around and join the very organization he was supposedly against. This is after he found out they faked dudes suicide, tortured him to the point he lost his eye, killed his pops, and ALL the countless other people he is aware that died at their hands and now he wants to run with them?

And the organization itself is too powerful, look at all the shady ass shyt they did in season 1, the amount of control they had on EVERYTHING. These people kill and don't blink, fake double spies, kill kids the whole 9, and this is who some of you feel can make a sound decision regarding Janus???

:dahell:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@analog This isn't a well thought out organization,
With the amount of power, and resources at their helm, they don't have to delve into some deep analysis on how to deal with every little incident that pops up. They're an extremist organization, as you would have to be to want to sterilize the planet, and the fact that they respond over the top to everything doesn't bother me at all. They got work to do, and a planet to save... so let that boy Wilson Wilson cook

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And I have to agree with @hexagram23 Wilson Wilson maybe in my top 5 TV sellouts of all time.

Consider this dude originated as a character against "the man" basically made himself a ghost by deleting all records of himself in order to not be at part of the system only to turn around and join the very organization he was supposedly against. This is after he found out they faked dudes suicide, tortured him to the point he lost his eye, killed his pops, and ALL the countless other people he is aware that died at their hands and now he wants to run with them?

And the organization itself is too powerful, look at all the shady ass shyt they did in season 1, the amount of control they had on EVERYTHING. These people kill and don't blink, fake double spies, kill kids the whole 9, and this is who some of you feel can make a sound decision regarding Janus???

Thank you. Finally a voice of reason. @Hades is he "ODing" too? :mjlol:

Fred.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

But he didn't know what they were about...

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
But he didn't know what they were about...

Bruh, they are about death, torture and destruction, he knew that much. Their methods doesn't justify their endgame just because you may feel their view is logical. NOTHING they have done can be called logical. They are pretty much a covert ops group that is ungoverned, and could careless about human life. Get in their way and you die, unless your are useful to them. Then they use you until they no longer need you and you still die. Do you seriously believe there isn't a better alternative than the way they want to use Janus? I mean they want to discreetly sterilized 95% of the population with know one aware of that fact but themselves, and you would be ok with that? :mindblown:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bruh, they are about death, torture and destruction, he knew that much. Their methods doesn't justify their endgame just because you may feel their view is logical. NOTHING they have done can be called logical. They are pretty much a covert ops group that is ungoverned, and could careless about human life. Get in their way and you die, unless your are useful to them. Then they use you until they no longer need you and you still die. Do you seriously believe there isn't a better alternative than the way they want to use Janus? I mean they want to discreetly sterilized 95% of the population with know one aware of that fact but themselves, and you would be ok with that? :mindblown:

Again, :salute:

Fred.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you. Finally a voice of reason. @Hades is he "ODing" too? :mjlol:

Fred.
You originally said that The Network "isn't well thought out" but in the very post you quoted he states "...the amount of control they had on EVERYTHING." You rushing to quote him, calling him "a voice of reason" and then "@"ing me to decry your status as "OD" is, in effect, OD of you. You're hilarious.

I don't know @macpat nor have I interacted with him in any capacity to discern that after one post in one thread. You being OD is apparent to people and not just ones who may have disagreed with you in the past.

I never challenged whether or not Wilson Wilson was dumb for switching sides. I have literally never bought that up in any of my points in this discussion.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Is there a better alternative in their reality?