Utopia Season 2 "The Network is Watching"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Someone help me out with a recap

My file for S2E1 ended when the alarm went off at 3 Mile Island lab and the dad was chasing the torturer through the hallways. What happened after that to end the episode?

I wasn't too crazy about season 1, but S2E1 is the best episode I have seen yet and its got me hyped

Carvel murked the torturer, saved Jessica, before he leaves Carvel takes the vial of Janus he hid in the lab, and injects it into Jessica.

After that he was running through the halls as the sirens were going off, and seen Arby (Petre) in the halls. They got his son. Instead of going back to get him he ran, and left him with The Network.

The dude that planted the bomb made it look like there was an accident at 3 Mile Island so he could rescue Carvel.

The last couple scenes is old dude (the fake Mr. Rabbit from season 1) and old school Milner talking. They pulled strings and assassinated people to get Margaret Thatcher elected, to further The Network. They see security footage of Carvel injecting Jessica, surmise that's where Janus is. So the hunt begins.

The next scene is the mysterious guy that helped Carvel escape, putting Carvel in a mental institution, because by this point the guy is nuts. The guy then goes to the car, sees a drawing Jessica has, that says JESSICA HIDEN IN THE ANIMALS....he scratches of the N, and says "ok Jessica Hide....let's teach you how to use a gun".

The final scene is Carvel drawing "The Utopia Experiments" comic, and committing suicide.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Carvel murked the torturer, saved Jessica, before he leaves Carvel takes the vial of Janus he hid in the lab, and injects it into Jessica.

After that he was running through the halls as the sirens were going off, and seen Arby (Petre) in the halls. They got his son. Instead of going back to get him he ran, and left him with The Network.

The dude that planted the bomb made it look like there was an accident at 3 Mile Island so he could rescue Carvel.

The last couple scenes is old dude (the fake Mr. Rabbit from season 1) and old school Milner talking. They pulled strings and assassinated people to get Margaret Thatcher elected, to further The Network. They see security footage of Carvel injecting Jessica, surmise that's where Janus is. So the hunt begins.

The next scene is the mysterious guy that helped Carvel escape, putting Carvel in a mental institution, because by this point the guy is nuts. The guy then goes to the car, sees a drawing Jessica has, that says JESSICA HIDEN IN THE ANIMALS....he scratches of the N, and says "ok Jessica Hide....let's teach you how to use a gun".

The final scene is Carvel drawing "The Utopia Experiments" comic, and committing suicide.

Fred.
:ohhh::gladbron::krs:

WTF, now I feel like I have to download it again since my file was corrupted. I figured that not much happened other than maybe him injecting Jessica. fukkin christ :mindblown:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@hexagram23

exactly how popular/big is this show in the UK?

like what would be the U.S. equivalent in terms of popularity

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hexagram23

exactly how popular/big is this show in the UK?

like what would be the U.S. equivalent in terms of popularity

It's not very big at all, but I don't know how the UK tabulates their ratings, or what is considered "good" ratings over there. The Broadcasters' Audience Research Board is the UK version of Nielsen Ratings, and "Utopia" averages 1.5 million viewers, most of the time less.

To put it into perspective "Luther" averages 5-6 mill, and "Sherlock" averages 9-10 mill. So it's one of the least popular shows over there.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's not very big at all, but I don't know how the UK tabulates their ratings, or what is considered "good" ratings over there. The Broadcasters' Audience Research Board is the UK version of Nielsen Ratings, and "Utopia" averages 1.5 million viewers, most of the time less.

To put it into perspective "Luther" averages 5-6 mill, and "Sherlock" averages 9-10 mill. So it's one of the least popular shows over there.

Fred.
sounds like the #s for the Wire.. i bet it gains a wire type following when its done too :mjpls:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Oddly I've seen far more U.S. posters promote this show than UK. Out of all the shows they tell people to watch, I rarely if ever see this mentioned.

Fred.
its slept on hard over here.

bet if it was on BBC like Luther and Sherlock it would be have more viewers

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

Fred.

It being on Channel 4 (and airing at 10pm) doesn't really help it's figures imo but if it was shown on any other channel, this show wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'm not really up on most BBC/UK shows other than Sherlock, but at least compared to American TV, there is NOTHING that looks like this. The color palette is incredible striking in just about every scene. It's gorgeous to look at.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
All caught up, all eight episodes. Can't believe I'm watching a goat contender from the beginning. Breh I don't know if it's the illuminati angle, that children of men feel or what but this shaping up like a goat contender what day does this come on ? They need this in America ASAP.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All caught up since all eight episodes. Can't believe I'm watching a goat contender from the beginning. Breh I don't know if it's the illuminati angle, that children of men feel or what but this shaping up like a goat contender what day does this come on ? They need this in America ASAP.

Next episode comes on next Tuesday.

And HBO is remaking it for America, with David Fincher directing. Although I'm sure they'll have to change some shyt.

Fred.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
on the real.... how can something this bright and shiny be so fukking dark and intense!?

The whole episode I'm waiting for things to kick up notches (boy, did it), I'm thinking about how..... heavy the last season got. It made me feel like when you know you're walking alone at night.... but you feel somebody behind you that you know isn't there.

It's amazing to me that the point we are at now....

this all started with some friends meeting because they liked an obscure comic book!? :mindblown:

Arby doesn't even seem like the same dude from last season. Not look wise. It's amazing. Do we get the foreshadowing that he started out killing- he's trained to kill Rabbits. lol

Jessica's a bad motherfukker. Just when I was admiring the BRILLIANT job of her new interrogator.... she's got that whole building under her control.

Ian has looked death in the face too long. Not even IT Certs can satisfy him now. :russ:

Rest of the cast hasn't really been fleshed out yet....

this is still a 5/5 episode.

Although for some reason, I wish I could chop it up into mini-eps, with each ending at the green Utopia screen. But that's just me.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
on the real.... how can something this bright and shiny be so fukking dark and intense!?

The whole episode I'm waiting for things to kick up notches (boy, did it), I'm thinking about how..... heavy the last season got. It made me feel like when you know you're walking alone at night.... but you feel somebody behind you that you know isn't there.

It's amazing to me that the point we are at now....

this all started with some friends meeting because they liked an obscure comic book!? :mindblown:

Arby doesn't even seem like the same dude from last season. Not look wise. It's amazing. Do we get the foreshadowing that he started out killing- he's trained to kill Rabbits. lol

Jessica's a bad motherfukker. Just when I was admiring the BRILLIANT job of her new interrogator.... she's got that whole building under her control.

Ian has looked death in the face too long. Not even IT Certs can satisfy him now. :russ:

Rest of the cast hasn't really been fleshed out yet....

this is still a 5/5 episode.

Although for some reason, I wish I could chop it up into mini-eps, with each ending at the green Utopia screen. But that's just me.
Breh it's the music listen to the to it with headphones it's top notch but it's dark as hell like Hannibal.