UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Why shouldnt songs like gods plan or for what count to the overall album count? Theyre already on it. If youre going to count streams in the first place, then all streams should be counted

The debut sales numbers are irrelevant to the overall album success
Never thought I’d see Drake stans using this talking point :mjlit:
But to address the substance, it’s because we all know there’s a distinction between artists who can move singles and artists who can move albums. An albums certification should be reflective of the album, not streams from before the album was even released. Plus it’s not like the single doesn’t get its own certification.
The larger point is that it’s a corrupt vicious hypocritical system that has castrated the meaning of the word sale :PPicard:
A stream is a stream. A sale is a sale. A stream equivalent sale is :duck:
I still don’t understand why the RIAA didn’t just keep a pure sales certification and introduce a separate streaming certification. :PHandsup:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
No you didn’t need to actually sell records, the label could report what they wanted to through their own venues.
giphy.gif

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
It’s not a flop all it’s means he is more of a streaming artist which most artist are of this generation because that how most people are consuming music these days if you have Apple Music,Spotify or tidal you are streaming more than buying
Explain Kendrick doing 350k in pure sales first week last year then.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
A Spotify stream is buying it

No it's not. If anything that shyt is the equivalent of muthafukkas putting pennies together and going dutch on an album (that none of them even own). And that's assuming that they're actually paying for Spotify which takes free users completely out of the equation.

What it really means is that currently Drake is the most rented artist.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
No it's not. If anything that shyt is the equivalent of muthafukkas putting pennies together and going dutch on an album (that none of them even own). And that's assuming that they're actually paying for Spotify kwhich takes free users completely out of the equation.

What it really means is that currently Drake is the most rented artist.

Nope

If I watch a show on Netflix I purchased it with my subscription fee.

If I listen to a song on Spotify I pay for it by listening to an add.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
Nope

Man you sound like that nikka that stalked Diamond back to her apartment on the Players Club: "I listened to a lot of ads for you" ass nikka

:mjlol:

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope

Netflix notoriously removes movies and shows monthly that you can't access on their servers again, lol. It's just like cable TV! Actually I had on demand in 1999 with Comcast. You renting on Netflix and Spotify!!!

If you can't resell it how can you own it!??? At least someone can sell me an iPod with their digital downloads.

Now if mini disc was still a thing and you recorded off the stream you'd at least have pocession even if Spotify shutdown tomorrow.