UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No it's not. If anything that shyt is the equivalent of muthafukkas putting pennies together and going dutch on an album (that none of them even own). And that's assuming that they're actually paying for Spotify which takes free users completely out of the equation.

What it really means is that currently Drake is the most rented artist.

It's more like listening to it for free in store on them headphones they used to have with different albums on to preview.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol.
Spotify pays out Penny's when you watch the ads...so artist do get paid from it just like YouTubers.

Just like they paid pennies on the dollar when the radio used to play your single and your point is
giphy.gif

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
this thread proves the coli would be an excellent case study for hypocrisy amongst fans

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
Just like they paid pennies on the dollar when the radio used to play your single and your point is
giphy.gif

He's not the enemy, breh. In fact, he reiterated one of my points about Spotify's free users who aren't contributing shyt.

No it's not. If anything that shyt is the equivalent of muthafukkas putting pennies together and going dutch on an album (that none of them even own). And that's assuming that they're actually paying for Spotify which takes free users completely out of the equation.

What it really means is that currently Drake is the most rented artist.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Ads make me the product so it's not free. I'm not a Drake apologist by any means. I don't like singles counting as album sales cause that is unfair to the past impact of albums.
And ad supported over inflates numbers compared to "paying fans"

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I have literally heard nothing about this album and don’t kno 1 single off of it

Just my 2 cents, out...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Soundscan tracking >>> RIAA "tracking"

Basically. RIAA can be bought off and manipulated. I like Hov but the deal he made to go platinum first week, RIAA looks the other way at that stuff. "shipped" is not "bought".

Soundscan is just the actual numbers. Streaming sites are attempting to manipulate soundscan too but it's the best option there is.