UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been trying to explain that to people but Folks are still stuck on physical like it’s 2000 it’s a streaming business physical are dying out in five years it will be no physical just strictly streaming

Damn came out in 2017! Y'all acting like that was another era, lol.

People wised up to Drake over last couple albums so his fans just stream like his haters, hip hop & R&B fans, and pop culture enthusist. Drake was coping pleas about views being a disappointment a week after release and promised better and more rapping, lol.

Daps
Damn came out in 2017! Y'all acting like that was another era, lol.

People wised up to Drake over last couple albums so his fans just stream like his haters, hip hop & R&B fans, and pop culture enthusist. Drake was coping pleas about views being a disappointment a week after release and promised better and more rapping, lol.

:deadmanny: for real.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Observation:

I wouldnt doubt for a second kendrick got more diehards than drake but popularity wise, casual listeners; i would think drake way more popular. Does this prove that theory? I have seen 4 seperate numbers.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Ok, so the most valuable company in the world is risking billion dollar lawsuits and damage to their reputation for young black men rapping about codein now, to boost dudes ballers status. These Drake duck riders are getting wilder by the post :mjlol:

It's not even about Drake riding, but more about the industry of streaming as a whole.

Back then you'd need to sell actual units for sales. Now it's a certain number of streams that equal a sale. What I'm getting at is that number of streams can ebb and flow based on what ever someone feels is an "accurate" portrayal.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not even about Drake riding, but more about the industry of streaming as a whole.

Back then you'd need to sell actual units for sales. Now it's a certain number of streams that equal a sale. What I'm getting at is that number of streams can ebb and flow based on what ever someone feels is an "accurate" portrayal.

Hence Jimmy iovine demanding a change succesfully. Paid is like 1200 and ad based is like 3700 now.

Best way is to measure revenue as that can be measured across any era and adjusted for inflation.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
Hence Jimmy iovine demanding a change succesfully. Paid is like 1200 and ad based is like 3700 now.

Best way is to measure revenue as that can be measured across any era and adjusted for inflation.

Part of me thinks this is part of the reason his streaming projection lowered so drasticly (along with people dropping the album after the 1st 24 hrs). The same can't be said for his pure sales though.