Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Do you know what 10 million dollars can do in Nigeria?

They are pouring way more than that into Nigeria through various investments and donations. Everybody knows foreign investment and donations in Nigeria means bribery and cronyism.

Izala (a Saudi funded and sponsored group) has elected officials in the Nigerian government. As well as open ties to radical Islam.

We know Lai Mohammad and Isa Pantami are Islamist sympathizers yet they remain influential political celebrities in the North.
If somebody points out the conflict of interest people will act blind.

I miss Ahmadu Bello openly admitting he hated us and wanted to block us from progress, that he believed God created his people to rule over all the people of Nigeria forever…

versus this current fake “unity” and “One Nigeria” propaganda.

Bello got whacked for his rhetoric.

These Northern oligarchs are trying to move smarter lol

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
it's not the wisest thing to judge people by appearance, but this Tinubu guy looks dumber and slower than even Buhuri

got that blank look on his face
Don't be fooled by his looks. He is as shrewd as they come. He is not to be played with. Despite what his detractors say about him, he can be credited with preventing Nigeria from being a one party state.

After the 2003 elections, the ruling party's (PDP) clout and hold on the country was like that of a Burmese python. Most people commenting here didn't grow up in the country or have selective amnesia.

Nigeria went from a military dictatorship to a defacto one-party state, to a two-party state. Eight years ago, power actually changed hands when an incumbent president lost the election. Now we just had a close, even though messy, election amongst three parties. But reading this thread, outsiders would think we're Afghanistan status:comeon:

For the Americans in this thread, can you imagine the Green party defeating the Democrats and Republicans in several states?

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Here is an analogy for the primary blocks of Nigerians that may piss off some Nigerians and some Black Americans.

In Nigeria, Igbos can be compared to Black People in America.

Yorubas can be compared to Mexican Americans. For the most part cool with Black People but don't trust each other all the way and have differences/beefs.

Northerners are like White People. Some Blacks and some Mexicans suck up to them to get ahead in life and Mexicans are generally more accepted by White People than their Black counterparts.

So considering that Peter Obi is Igbo but accepted across Nigeria, that is why he is comparable to Obama who was voted in by all types of Americans.

The caveat is Igbos and Black Americans get gaslighted for supporting Obama and Peter Obi by being called racist or tribalist for supporting someone similar to them.... Even though the person has earned votes on merit and not ethnicity.

So while you may not agree with my analogy, that is what you are seeing playing out in this thread.

That's why Igbos are being singled out even though Peter Obi is carrying NIGERIA on his shoulders, not just Igbos.

Now because he is Igbo, it is being used to attack him. But to no avail.

Similar to attacking Obama for being Black.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
My Nigerian coworkers at work were all in a very bad mood today... especially the two Igbo's.
It's understandable. An Obi victory would have killed many birds with one stone and that's why I was hoping for him to win.

I personally don't think Obi would be more competent than Tinubu. But Obi's victory would give Nigeria an Igbo president, and that's good for the unity of the country. It would also prove that Nigerians can have a viable third option besides the two big parties.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Don't be fooled by his looks. He is as shrewd as they come. He is not to be played with. Despite what his detractors say about him, he can be credited with preventing Nigeria from being a one party state.

After the 2003 elections, the ruling party's (PDP) clout and hold on the country was like that of a Burmese python. Most people commenting here didn't grow up in the country or have selective amnesia.

Nigeria went from a military dictatorship to a defacto one-party state, to a two-party state. Eight years ago, power actually changed hands when an incumbent president lost the election. Now we just had a close, even though messy, election amongst three parties. But reading this thread, outsiders would think we're Afghanistan status:comeon:

For the Americans in this thread, can you imagine the Green party defeating the Democrats and Republicans in several states?

Bros. In a quantitative way, explain how Nigeria is better off post APC intervention.

Everything you said sounds great, but what has gotten better about Nigeria?

Is Nigeria not getting worse?

If so, what did Tinubu achieve in preventing Nigeria from being a one party state?

What people centric outcomes?
It's understandable. An Obi victory would have killed many birds with one stone and that's why I was hoping for him to win.

I personally don't think Obi would be more competent than Tinubu. But Obi's victory would give Nigeria an Igbo president, and that's good for the unity of the country. It would also prove that Nigerians can have a viable third option besides the two big parties.

Explain competence in this context bro.

Are you talking about shrewdness? Strategy?

What exactly?

Nigerians are yearning for character, and care more than competence at this point.

Explain Tinubu's competence to be a president when he can't prove that he completed secondary school and is a proven drug lord?

How does that translate leading to leading a complex nation like Nigeria?

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Here is an analogy for the primary blocks of Nigerians that may piss off some Nigerians and some Black Americans.

In Nigeria, Igbos can be compared to Black People in America.

Yorubas can be compared to Mexican Americans. For the most part cool with Black People but don't trust each other all the way and have differences/beefs.

Northerners are like White People. Some Blacks and some Mexicans suck up to them to get ahead in life and Mexicans are generally more accepted by White People than their Black counterparts.

So considering that Peter Obi is Igbo but accepted across Nigeria, that is why he is comparable to Obama who was voted in by all types of Americans.

The caveat is Igbos and Black Americans get gaslighted for supporting Obama and Peter Obi by being called racist or tribalist for supporting someone similar to them.... Even though the person has earned votes on merit and not ethnicity.

So while you may not agree with my analogy, that is what you are seeing playing out in this thread.

That's why Igbos are being singled out even though Peter Obi is carrying NIGERIA on his shoulders, not just Igbos.

Now because he is Igbo, it is being used to attack him. But to no avail.

Similar to attacking Obama for being Black.
Oh c'mon. I feel like you're actually gaslighting right now. You just saw an Igbo guy @Nkrumah Was Right saying people are voting for Tinubu along ethnic lines. That's like telling an Igbo that he/she is voting along ethnic lines if he votes Obi. This is ridiculous. Obi won Lagos and Nassarawa for crying out loud. Do you know where Nassarawa is?

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Oh c'mon. I feel like you're actually gaslighting right now. You just saw an Igbo guy @Nkrumah Was Right saying people are voting for Tinubu along ethnic lines. That's like telling an Igbo that he/she is voting along ethnic lines if he votes Obi. This is ridiculous. Obi won Lagos and Nassarawa for crying out loud. Do you know where Nassarawa is?

Naw my guy. I'm not Nkrumah.

No doubt people believe in Tinubu.

Every candidate had people vote with them based off of ethnicity and religion. Facts.

But the fact is that overall Obi was the most widely accepted.

I will even go on an assumption based on what I have seen and say Obi got more votes than Tinubu in the election.

I respect that you individually support Tinubu.

I support Obi but I'm also trying to be objective.

Tinubu is an iron fist ruler. Obi is a compassionate one.

Tinubu most recently demonstrated this during End Sars and by not being accessible like that to the people.

Some will say it's strategy but Nigeria does not need strategy.

Nigeria needs compassion.

And that's what people voted for and were cheated out of.

Again, Obi did not run as an Igbo or Christian candidate.

But Tinubu DID run as a Yoruba and Muslim candidate, as a strategy.

These are facts my brother.

Facts are friendly.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps

Lol I hate the Bola being slow jokes, dude graduated from a respectable US University with an accounting degree, worked at Shell, and was a successful criminal in America of all places. It’s not like Nigeria where you can just pay the police to not arrest you.

He then escaped prosecution, returned to Nigeria to ascend the social and political ladder, became the most powerful Yoruba and the person that the elites in Nigeria say is the richest black man on Earth (they laugh if you say Dangote).

He’s now the President of the Most populous nation in Africa and Africa’s biggest economy. If you add that to the “richest black man” accusations, dude is probably the most powerful black man on Earth now.

Nobody that powerful is dumb. Dude probably is a genius. His principles and motivations might not line up with yours or mines though. What he does with that power we don’t know and we may never know.

It’s a mistake to assume all these corrupt African politicians are dumb, they play dumb to rock you to sleep. Some of these political families have been going to elite schools like Oxford and Ivy Leagues for 3 generations.

The craziest thing about Bola is he really came from humble beginnings, then finessed and schemed his way to highest echelons of society. People don’t admit it but there is a section of the Nigerian population that respects his unorthodox (and criminal) route to the top, he makes people think they can do it too.

Last edited:

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Bros. In a quantitative way, explain how Nigeria is better off post APC intervention.

Everything you said sounds great, but what has gotten better about Nigeria?

Is Nigeria not getting worse?

If so, what did Tinubu achieve in preventing Nigeria from being a one party state?

What people centric outcomes?

Explain competence in this context bro.

Are you talking about shrewdness? Strategy?

What exactly?

Nigerians are yearning for character, and care more than competence at this point.

Explain Tinubu's competence to be a president when he can't prove that he completed secondary school and is a proven drug lord?

How does that translate leading to leading a complex nation like Nigeria?
I think you're focusing on the wrong thing here. Did you notice I didn't talk about the achievement of any party? That's because they're all the same people. The people in PDP moved to APGA and APC. Some even moved from APGA to PDP to LP like Obi. OBJ is now LP supporter and Jonathan doesn't give a damn about the PDP.:unimpressed:

I just gave out a short political history of Nigeria and you're asking me what has gotten better in Nigeria? Would you like to go back to Military dictatorship? Would you like some Colonel Babatunde Tinubu to be the Military administrator of Anambra state like it used to be?:picard:

I've lived under under that regime so I'm talking from a much broader perspective. Do I need to remind you what happened to elected governors Ngige of Anambra and Fayose of Ekiti under OBJ's democracy?

I don't know your history, whether you grew up in Nigeria and when you left. But Tinubu's role as primary opposition to PDP is pretty much common knowledge in Nigeria. You gotta do your research, bro. Where have you been all these years? Fighting court cases, getting election results overturned, etc. He did all that stuff before Obi.

Obi himself has expressed how he has been a beneficiary of court judgements against the ruling party. There's no way you're getting a Supreme Court judgement against the government during the Military regime or even early years of Obasanjo. And you're asking how Nigeria has gotten better. Are you kidding me? Buhari just lost his own state to PDP, Tinubu lost his own state to LP.

Everybody has to determine what's most important to them. I don't begrudge you if you say character over competence. Cool. A lot of people voted for Buhari because of security and him being a former General and all that Jazz but here we are. I wanted Obi to win because of fairness and unity. I don't think his record in Anambra is any better than Tinubu's in Lagos. You're welcome to put up their numbers side by side so we can all see.

Last edited: