Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
@Gunz&Butta

I can confidently call you my brother though we don't agree.

Why?

We have different experiences which have shaped what we value in this election.

Nigeria has happened to you.

I can't say it has happened to me, at least directly.

Your experience in Nigeria has shaped what you value in a leader.

To me, Tinubu leads by allowance.

Obi leads by enablement.

By allowance I mean, I allow you an opportunity to be successful AFTER you do this for me. Or do something for me after I lead you to success.

By enablement I mean, you don't have to do anything for me. Just take advantage of the general opportunities I have put in place.

An example of this is enabling schools to provide for their students.

From there the students have to handle their business to be successful, not wait on someone to personally allow them.

I believe that Nigerians are accustomed to allowance vs enablement and don't trust any leader to truly enable them.

Obi gave hope that this type of leadership is possible in Nigeria.

In a diverse country like Nigeria, allowing some to be successful while others are not allowed regardless of merit isn't right.

That is what Tinubu represents from his history and it's even how he ran his campaign.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Obi: Neoliberal democrat; rejects ethnic politics and godfatherism; former gov. of Anambra State

Tinubu: Neoliberal; embraces ethnic politics (“emi lokan”); godfather of Lagos - bestows economic and political patronage; former gov. of Lagos State

Buhari: Statist; autocratic; Hausa-Fulani chauvinist; former military dictator of Nigeria
Like I said I don’t think Tinubu is a tribalist at all, I know from first hand knowledge that he’s tied in with a lot of movers and shakers in Igboland. He speaks positively of Igbos and supports our struggle whenever he speaks in the media.

From what I’ve seen he wants to develop the Southeast, but he also wants to make sure he gets in at the ground level and benefits from any potential growth. (I don’t know if this is a good thing, at first I lowkey looked at my uncle like a traitor for being so involved with Tinubu’s southeast ambitions, but maybe that was me being a tribalist)

You know Igbos are very particular about non-Igbos owning land and businesses in Igboland, so I imagine he plans to use a couple of his Igbo connections to dress it up, then reward them for it (patronage basically). The same way a Chinese company will use Akon as the face of their development projects in Africa.

Buhari didn’t want Igbos to make money at all, Tinubu wants Igbos to make money through him and his family. But Igbos don’t like to bend the knee for their own tribesmen, so there will definitely be those that don’t want Tinubu, his people, or his money in Igboland.

He’s a good politician, he used his tribe to mobilize the Yorubas into voting, and used his religion to mobilize Northerners into voting. But being honest I think he accepts that Igbos are more capable than either one of those groups and have always been the engine of progress and development in Nigeria.

My dad says it all the time “A smart Yoruba man knows he must find Igbos to help them build their empire.” I think Tinubu is one of the smart ones.

I’ll say this much, Tinubu doesn’t seem like a slave to the West, he’s a proud and possibly capable African man (people can’t deny that he was effective in Lagos). If anything I would imagine he wants Nigeria to be a well-run corporation that can further enrich his family and friends

If he manages to transition Nigeria into BRICS, I’ll see his term as positive. That’s an obvious term goal that people across all tribes and religions will see as an accomplishment. So many people in Africa and the world in general have been asking “Why isn’t Nigeria BRICS yet”. Seeing that the West backed Obi, I could see him being petty enough to push BRICS membership just to spite the West.

Our sister Ngozi said that Nigeria would soon be BRICS in fukking 2011, it’s been more than ten years. That is one of the core failures of the Buhari regime that people don’t talk about enough.

Last edited:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
You know Igbos are very particular about non-Igbos owning land and businesses in Igboland, so I imagine he plans to use a couple of his Igbo connections to dress it up, then reward them for it (patronage basically). The same way a Chinese company will use Akon as the face of their development projects in Africa.

We say this but when I went back in in december I seen a lot of chinese, indians, and oyibo ppl galivanting about in ani igbo. I have some serious questions about the leadership going on in the south-east :patrice:

ignorethis

Daps
Also I think this recount stuff is nonsense, and a distraction from the actual play on the table now, Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour

He’s the star. Obi ran so he could fly.

Legendary African lineage, son of a Yoruba captured slave that regained his freedom and made his way back to Nigeria, the men in his family are some of the most respected and legendary men in Nigeria’s political history.

Respected Yoruba Fathers, beloved Igbo mother, he can only speak Igbo in fact. Trained and educated in the West but is a Lagos boy to his core.

Extremely pro-Biafra to the point other Yorubas hate on him, deny he’s a Yoruba, and call him a sleeper agent for the Igbos lol.

LP won in Lagos for the presidential race and he is the candidate they are running in Lagos for governor. If GRV can take Lagos lmaolmaolmao this will be the biggest dub Igbos could get outside of a president. Yoruba tribalist have already made him public enemy #1.

Brother could be the next Nnamdi Azikwe.

Last edited:

ignorethis

Daps
We say this but when I went back in in december I seen a lot of chinese, indians, and oyibo ppl galivanting about in ani igbo. I have some serious questions about the leadership going on in the south-east :patrice:
lol they’ll be there but trust they don’t own property, if they try to buy property somebody possessed by Ekwensu is going to trick them lmao.

Lol an Igbo living in the West can barely buy property back home without somebody trying to finesse, if we’re being honest most people in Igboland aren’t even trying to sell land to anybody unless they have some type of love/respect for you or your family.

I’ve been buying land back home for the past 8 years and it is no longer cheap or easy to get land in Igboland.

Everything changed when Anambra became an oil producing state and they discovered the natural gas in the Anambra basin. Most of the fastest growing cities in Nigeria are in the Southeast now.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Like I said I don’t think Tinubu is a tribalist at all, I know from first hand knowledge that he’s tied in with a lot of movers and shakers in Igboland. He speaks positively of Igbos and supports our struggle whenever he speaks in the media.

From what I’ve seen he wants to develop the Southeast, but he also wants to make sure he gets in at the ground level and benefits from any potential growth. (I don’t know if this is a good thing, at first I lowkey looked at my uncle like a traitor for being so involved with Tinubu’s southeast ambitions, but maybe that was me being a tribalist)

Buhari didn’t want Igbos to make money at all, Tinubu wants Igbos to make money through him and his family. But Igbos don’t like to bend the knee for their own tribesmen, so there will definitely be those that don’t want Tinubu, his people, or his money in Igboland.

He’s a good politician, he used his tribe to mobilize the Yorubas into voting, and used his religion to mobilize Northerners into voting. But being honest I think he accepts that Igbos are more capable than either one of those groups and have always been the engine of progress and development in Nigeria.

My dad says it all the time “A smart Yoruba man knows he must find Igbos to help them build their empire.” I think Tinubu is one of the smart ones.

I’ll say this much, Tinubu doesn’t seem like a slave to the West, he’s a proud and possibly capable African man (people can’t deny that he was effective in Lagos). If anything I would imagine he wants Nigeria to be a well-run corporation that can further enrich his family and friends

If he manages to transition Nigeria into BRICS, I’ll see his term as positive. That’s an obvious term goal that people across all tribes and religions will see as an accomplishment. So many people in Africa and the world in general have been asking “Why isn’t Nigeria BRICS yet”. Seeing that the West backed Obi, I could see him being petty enough to push BRICS membership just to spite the West.

Our sister Ngozi said that Nigeria would soon be BRICS in fukking 2011, it’s been more than ten years. That is one of the core failures of the Buhari regime that people don’t talk about enough.

We shall see. I expect more benign neglect in Igboland after a Tinubu victory.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
@ignorethis you mentioned the transitioned to BRICS that would be a hell of a move if he was able to accomplish that but I still feel like the west will find a way to get him in there back pocket. They’ve been trying to stamp out BRICS for a while especially with Chinas involvement

ignorethis

Daps
We shall see. I expect more benign neglect in Igboland after a Tinubu victory.
If you don’t have faith in his uncertain intentions at least have a little faith in his proven ambition.

If Bola plays his cards right he can ascend from the “Godfather of Lagos” to the “Godfather of Nigeria/Africa”.

He’s already the richest and most powerful Yoruba, the only thing left for him is to try and win over everybody else.

I can’t relate to the shock and disappointment that everybody else is feeling because I expected this outcome from the very beginning. It’s was the obvious end of this story, Nigeria is a simple place with predictable writing.

You said Nigeria would become the DRC but Nigerians are too apathetic for anything to really happen.

The Yorubas are happy they got their guy,

the Muslims are happy they got their guy.

Igbos are upset but not upset enough to spark violence about it, and the ones willing to spark violence don’t care about this outcome that much.

Overall we’re better off still simply because of Buhari being gone.

Last edited: