Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
I think you're focusing on the wrong thing here. Did you notice I didn't talk about the achievement of any party? That's because they're all the same people. The people in PDP moved to APGA and APC. Some even moved from APGA to PDP to LP like Obi. OBJ is now LP supporter and Jonathan doesn't give a damn about the PDP.:unimpressed:

I just gave out a short political history of Nigeria and you're asking me what has gotten better in Nigeria? Would you like to go back to Military dictatorship? Would you like some Colonel Babatunde Tinubu to be the Military administrator of Anambra state like it used to be?:picard:

I've lived under under that regime so I'm talking from a much broader perspective. Do I need to remind you what happened to elected governors Ngige of Anambra and Fayose of Ekiti under OBJ's democracy?

I don't know your history, whether you grew up in Nigeria and when you left. But Tinubu's role as primary opposition to PDP is pretty much common knowledge in Nigeria. You gotta do your research, bro. Where have you been all these years? Fighting court cases, getting election results overturned, etc. He did all that stuff before Obi.

Obi himself has expressed how he has been a beneficiary of court judgements against the ruling party. There's no way you're getting a Supreme Court judgement against the government during the Military regime or even early years of Obasanjo. And you're asking how Nigeria has gotten better. Are you kidding me? Buhari just lost his own state to PDP, Tinubu lost his own state to LP.

Everybody has to determine what's most important to them. I don't begrudge you if you say character over competence. Cool. A lot of people voted for Buhari because of security and him being a former General and all that Jazz but here we are. I wanted Obi to win because of fairness and unity. I don't think his record in Anambra is any better than Tinubu's in Lagos. You're welcome to put up their numbers side by side so we can all see.

I don't have the knowledge of 9ja that you do.

I am way more American than I am Nigerian.

My deeper knowledge of Nigeria starts in 2019.

But with that, I can look at outcomes and measure Nigeria against that.

The last time I visited Nigeria (2019) I traveled by car to Lagos from Enugu.

I was warned by so many not to do that due to it being dangerous (SARS, kidnappers, etc).

I made it but not without a story.

Had a soldier point a long gun at the windshield of my car in the middle of a slow down.

I saw 100s and 100s of able young men posted for street throughout the journey.

My friend, we all live one life.

Is Nigeria normal?

I fuk with Obi because he spoke on making Nigeria NORMAL.

All the atrocities that happened back then still happen now bro.

How is Nyesom Wike different than a military ruler?

Won't you die if you defy him?

Did Aisha Buhari not kidnap a young man for calling her fat?

Nigeria is not normal breh.

I feel like when some of you normalize Nigeria and the status quo, y'all are also saying black people are not normal.

All the individual accolades you are listing mean nothing because Nigeria still dey happen to us all upandan.

That's the problem.

People don't say Lagos happened to you...

Or Anabra happened to you...

They say NIGERIA happened to you.

The problem is Nigeria.

Obi is running on a new Nigeria

That's what most Nigerians want.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I don't have the knowledge of 9ja that you do.

I am way more American than I am Nigerian.

My deeper knowledge of Nigeria starts in 2019.

But with that, I can look at outcomes and measure Nigeria against that.

The last time I visited Nigeria (2019) I traveled by car to Lagos from Enugu.

I was warned by so many not to do that due to it being dangerous (SARS, kidnappers, etc).

I made it but not without a story.

Had a soldier point a long gun at the windshield of my car in the middle of a slow down.

I saw 100s and 100s of able young men posted for street throughout the journey.

My friend, we all live one life.

Is Nigeria normal?

I fuk with Obi because he spoke on making Nigeria NORMAL.

All the atrocities that happened back then still happen now bro.

How is Nyesom Wike different than a military ruler?

Won't you die if you defy him?

Did Aisha Buhari not kidnap a young man for calling her fat?

Nigeria is not normal breh.

I feel like when some of you normalize Nigeria and the status quo, y'all are also saying black people are not normal.

All the individual accolades you are listing mean nothing because Nigeria still dey happen to us all upandan.

That's the problem.

People don't say Lagos happened to you...

Or Anabra happened to you...

They say NIGERIA happened to you.

The problem is Nigeria.

Obi is running on a new Nigeria

That's what most Nigerians want.
You're telling me Nigeria is not normal. If I tell you my story, you'll be in shock.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
You're telling me Nigeria is not normal. If I tell you my story, you'll be in shock.

I'm sure I will be. My question still stands. Is it normal?

Will Tinubu make it normal?

If he will, then I support Tinubu.

I just don't trust him to do so.

We both know that thousands of Nigeria are willing to leave Nigeria or die trying.

So with that being the reality, all Nigerian politicians are failures including Obi.

But Obi, for now, has my trust to perform as president.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm sure I will be. My question still stands. Is it normal?

Will Tinubu make it normal?

If he will, then I support Tinubu.

I just don't trust him to do so.

We both know that thousands of Nigeria are willing to leave Nigeria or die trying.

So with that being the reality, all Nigerian politicians are failures including Obi.

But Obi, for now, has my trust to perform as president.
Tinubu is not going to make anything normal. Obi isn't going to make anything normal. Nobody can make Nigeria normal in 4 or 8 years because the damage wasn't just done in the past 10 years.
Nigerians need to stop looking for a messiah and understand that government is continuous, build on the previous government and leave the country better than you found it.
That's the best we can hope for. At the end of the day, it's all hope. Trust is too strong for me to use. There's no one who can say with certainty what your next president is going to do.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
A Nigeria that doesn't become what it could be or collapses is not gonna be a good thing for West Africa.

Same can be said of Central Africa and the Congo; Southern Africa with respect to South Africa; the Horn of Africa pertaining to Ethiopia.

All are failing states.

This century is still young. Asia in 1923 is very different from Asia in 2023. But Asia in 1923, in every country under European subjugation had a set of driven, intelligent nationalists building for the future in some way. The same cannot be said of Africa in 2023.

Last edited:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Nigeria’s destiny is set.

State collapse in the style of the DRC
That doesn't sound ok. What's the difference between the winner, Obi guy and the Buhuri? Guy.

I talk shyt but I never want to see a majority black country in a state of nonsense and chaos. Why was Stacey Abrams there? Did you see that ad they was pushing over here before the election?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That doesn't sound ok. What's the difference between the winner, Obi guy and the Buhuri? Guy.

I talk shyt but I never want to see a majority black country in a state of nonsense and chaos. Why was Stacey Abrams there? Did you see that ad they was pushing over here before the election?

Obi: Neoliberal democrat; rejects ethnic politics and godfatherism; former gov. of Anambra State

Tinubu: Neoliberal; embraces ethnic politics (“emi lokan”); godfather of Lagos - bestows economic and political patronage; former gov. of Lagos State

Buhari: Statist; autocratic; Hausa-Fulani chauvinist; former military dictator of Nigeria

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Obi: Neoliberal democrat; rejects ethnic politics and godfatherism; former gov. of Anambra State

Tinubu: Neoliberal; embraces ethnic politics (“emi lokan”); godfather of Lagos - bestows economic and political patronage; former gov. of Lagos State

Buhari: Statist; autocratic; Hausa-Fulani chauvinist; former military dictator of Nigeria
Godfather damn. Was he projected to win?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Same can be said of Central Africa and the Congo; Southern Africa with respect to South Africa; the Horn of Africa pertaining to Ethiopia.

All are failing states.

This century is still young. Asia in 1923 is very different from Asia in 2023. But Asia in 1923, in every country under European subjugation had a set of driven, intelligent nationalists building for the future in some way. The same cannot be said of Africa in 2023.
Yeah.. it can be said of the rest of Africa.

a god damn shame. shyt sure doesn't fill one with hope

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Tinubu is not going to make anything normal. Obi isn't going to make anything normal. Nobody can make Nigeria normal in 4 or 8 years because the damage wasn't just done in the past 10 years.
Nigerians need to stop looking for a messiah and understand that government is continuous, build on the previous government and leave the country better than you found it.
That's the best we can hope for. At the end of the day, it's all hope. Trust is too strong for me to use. There's no one who can say with certainty what your next president is going to do.

Bros.

Why is trust too strong of a word to use?

We can measure trust based on one's previous actions.