Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
May not be your intent but the message in your post is propaganda.

This is why.

Nigerians at large are not stupid.

Before this election, the average Nigerian was not satisfied with Nigeria and did not have any faith in Nigeria as a country to provide expected needs.

Many Nigerians gained hope by way of the new Electoral Act which as written, would prevent rigging ..

As well as Peter Obi shattering the political status quo and establishing a message which resonated across the country.

Though fraud is expected, Nigerians had enough evidence to believe that this election would be different.

Guess what?

It was different.

So don't lump this in with other African elections.

This was very different.

That is why I am saying let this play out.

It's not propaganda, it's what we've become accustomed to expect unfortunately.

Zambia was an eye opener for me in that the old systems could be shattered. If what you say is on point, then let it play out and we'll keep our fingers crossed for Naija.
If Naija loses we all lose because every nation in and around there will carry the brunt.
A massive nation like that can no longer be managed by I'll equipped old men or General's.
Is this breh an industrialist?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That APC political machine is a monster.

They basically have been fukking up the worst for the past 20 years and they can still make votes appear when they need them to.

Also politics is a sham in Nigeria, til this day the only thing that really matters is what tribe you belong to and what God you worship.

The idea that and Christian Igbo man was going to rule over the Muslim North was always a pipe dream. You guys really underestimate the prejudice of the North and their loyalty to their people.

My uncles and cousins do business in the North primarily, and they say that the Northerners literally have a saying “I rather be exploited by my brother than a stranger”. If you are Christian, if you are Igbo you are a stranger. This will never change, this is a spiritual belief.

The Legion of Doom.

It’s crazy the first time an Igbo candidate gets major western backing, it’s comes at a time that the West has the less influence in Nigeria and Africa than ever before.

Africa as a whole has multiple interest in it now from China, India, Russia, Europe, the USA. But nobody talks about how much influence the Middle-East has on Nigeria through the Muslim political network. The Arabs are tricking on these northern politicians and Muslim leadership throughout Africa.

Islam really is a machine in itself, truly an organized religion. While Christianity is declining globally in numbers and influence, they are growing in numbers and influence. They really are gunning to rule the world.

As much as Igbos like to talk about the North and their shortcomings, Igbos don’t have a single cultural institution that unifies us anymore.

Not a religion, Christianity was it, but then decades of living in hell is making the younger generation lose faith, some start worshipping the ancestors again.

Not a political party. Within my family their are so many different political parties based on different things. Have uncles with no real political ideology, they just support whoever they know will guarantee them more money. Have uncles that are tribalist and believe you must support your tribesman in against any outsider regardless of party. Have uncles that have party affiliations, but the parties themselves don’t really have any sound political ideology.

Club organizations are basically social climbing groups for those with money and even the legacy groups like Ohanaeze have no real cultural clout, they serve politicians for crumbs. They’re Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson status

Chieftancy can be bought for cheap, any man with a good job in America or Europe can become a chief now. Thus it means nothing outside of your specific village, and even then it’s just a respectful title to have, it doesn’t carry any real power.

All we have is some good land with a lot of natural resources, that we have absolutely no sovereignty over nor a clear path to gain sovereignty over it. We own the land on paper, but are handcuffed from ever profiting off that land to its full potential.

Biafra is a righteous goal, but detractors are right in saying that if it happened tomorrow it would fail. Because as much as Igbos rant about “our culture, our culture, our culture”, we really don’t have a shared culture anymore outside of window dressing stuff like festivals and language, even the language is dying out, and the festivals are us doing ancestral worship rituals without the actual ancestors worship.

Igbos globally need a cultural/spiritual/political
rebirth/reset/revival.

Living in Nigeria has eroded Igbo culture.

We used to say “Igbo enwe eze.” The British institutionalization of chiefs, political Godfatherism, and corruption had eroded our values.

Also losing 1/5 of our people between 1966-1970 and the division of Igbos in Benue, Delta, Rivers from our collective unity has been harmful.

Peter Obi represented a return to our cultural values in many ways - hard work/thrift, public speaking/debate, trading acumen, bravery, merit.

His defeat just shows why we’re not meant to be in a state with ethnicities with top-down power structures…

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
For those of you interested in international politics, especially African, Peter Obi is attempting the impossible in Nigeria.

He is challenging the status quo by attempting to run a corruption free presidential candidacy for quarter 1 of 2023.

For context, Nigeria has two main parties just like the US, PDP and APC. Like the US, many Nigerians are calling #BothSides and recognizing both parties as corrupt.

Peter Obi is running outside of the main parties and is attempting to proceed in a grassroots fashion based off of youths and Nigerians who are tired of what Nigeria has become.

If Peter Obi is succesful or continues to make significant noise, this will be a quite notable event for Africa and black people in general.

Something I suggest those who have interest keep an eye on.
Play by the rules brehs

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Living in Nigeria has eroded Igbo culture.

We used to say “Igbo enwe eze.” The British institutionalization of chiefs, political Godfatherism, and corruption had eroded our values.

Also losing 1/5 of our people between 1966-1970 and the division of Igbos in Benue, Delta, Rivers from our collective unity has been harmful.

Peter Obi represented a return to our cultural values in many ways - hard work/thrift, public speaking/debate, trading acumen, bravery, merit.

His defeat just shows why we’re not meant to be in a state with ethnicities with top-down power structures…
The last part is true, we’ve been a democratic meritocracy for centuries, we don’t respond well to top down power structures.

But if Peter Obi really was supposed to be the spark for a cultural/political revival, why would we depend on a national election consisting of voters mostly from outside our culture for our progress.

I said this last year
I like Obi, I don't think he stands a chance at winning.
Soludo is gonna play more of a role in the future of the nation than him.
I still feel the same about Obi not winning, but Soludo has been a disappointment for sure.
Soludo has been disappointing, but ultimately I still feel this way only because the AGPA is probably the closest thing we have to a political party that represents Igbo ideology in Nigeria.

They don’t have a lot of power but they have something, they represent our cultural ideology but embrace other tribes and perspectives, and they have more of a focus on actual political ideology, knowledge of economic/political policy than the other parties in Nigeria.

And they definitely have more of a real base than the Labour Party lol.

If the Southeast can get behind one party that is loyal to the southeast primarily, that would be a closer step to freedom than what IPOB or the Obidients are offering.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

They basically have been fukking up the worst for the past 20 years and they can still make votes appear when they need them to.

Also politics is a sham in Nigeria, til this day the only thing that really matters is what tribe you belong to and what God you worship.

The idea that and Christian Igbo man was going to rule over the Muslim North was always a pipe dream. You guys really underestimate the prejudice of the North and their loyalty to their people.

My uncles and cousins do business in the North primarily, and they say that the Northerners literally have a saying “I rather be exploited by my brother than a stranger”. If you are Christian, if you are Igbo you are a stranger. This will never change, this is a spiritual belief.

The Legion of Doom.

It’s crazy the first time an Igbo candidate gets major western backing, it’s comes at a time that the West has the less influence in Nigeria and Africa than ever before.

Africa as a whole has multiple interest in it now from China, India, Russia, Europe, the USA. But nobody talks about how much influence the Middle-East has on Nigeria through the Muslim political network. The Arabs are tricking on these northern politicians and Muslim leadership throughout Africa.

Islam really is a machine in itself, truly an organized religion. While Christianity is declining globally in numbers and influence, they are growing in numbers and influence. They really are gunning to rule the world.

As much as Igbos like to talk about the North and their shortcomings, Igbos don’t have a single cultural institution that unifies us anymore.

Not a religion, Christianity was it, but then decades of living in hell is making the younger generation lose faith, some start worshipping the ancestors again.

Not a political party. Within my family their are so many different political parties based on different things. Have uncles with no real political ideology, they just support whoever they know will guarantee them more money. Have uncles that are tribalist and believe you must support your tribesman in against any outsider regardless of party. Have uncles that have party affiliations, but the parties themselves don’t really have any sound political ideology.

Club organizations are basically social climbing groups for those with money and even the legacy groups like Ohanaeze have no real cultural clout, they serve politicians for crumbs. They’re Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson status

Chieftancy can be bought for cheap, any man with a good job in America or Europe can become a chief now. Thus it means nothing outside of your specific village, and even then it’s just a respectful title to have, it doesn’t carry any real power.

All we have is some good land with a lot of natural resources, that we have absolutely no sovereignty over nor a clear path to gain sovereignty over it. We own the land on paper, but are handcuffed from ever profiting off that land to its full potential.

Biafra is a righteous goal, but detractors are right in saying that if it happened tomorrow it would fail. Because as much as Igbos rant about “our culture, our culture, our culture”, we really don’t have a shared culture anymore outside of window dressing stuff like festivals and language, even the language is dying out, and the festivals are us doing ancestral worship rituals without the actual ancestors worship.

rebirth/reset/revival.
more religion isn't gonna solve anybody's problems, in fact it's guaranteed to make things worse.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps

The Legion of Doom.

It’s crazy the first time an Igbo candidate gets major western backing, it’s comes at a time that the West has less influence in Nigeria and Africa than ever before.

Not a political party. Within my family their are so many different political parties based on different things. Have uncles with no real political ideology, they just support whoever they know will guarantee them more money. Have uncles that are tribalist and believe you must support your tribesman against any outsider regardless of party. Have uncles that have party affiliations, but the parties themselves don’t really have any sound political ideology.

rebirth/reset/revival.

Evidence please

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
None of this is true.

The IPOB disciples and obidients have very little overlap, it’s literally two separate classes of people, showing the schism in Igboland.

The educated upper and middle class versus the disillusioned lower classes, specifically young men that have lost hope.

The Obidients cosplay Western politics because it makes them feel intelligent and cultured while ignoring Nigeria is not a Western democracy.

IPOB cosplays as militants while ignoring the fact real militancy requires hierarchy, cunning, and a lot of money. We can look at the North and see shining examples of real militancy.

Both groups hate each other and see each other as the downfall of Igboland.

Ironic that this was dapped by a guy who was the biggest IPOB guy on here and is now Obidient.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
At the end of the day, the point was made that there is a large contingent of people who don't want the same type of politics. They want something new and if this guy continues to disappoint it will only put a bigger battery in the back of the people who didn't want him and who were on the fence.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
it's not the wisest thing to judge people by appearance, but this Tinubu guy looks dumber and slower than even Buhuri

got that blank look on his face
Why don't u read up on him?
If he was dumb,he would still be in US rotting in a prison somewhere
But dude beat the charges,kept his dirty money and finessed his way to the top