Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
So you are basically just being a lil bytch simply because I followed their election and asked questions and stated that Nigeria's election was actually not as bad as America's? :what:

So you think that it is weird that someone points out inaccuracies that people have about about Black Americans?

200.gif

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
So you are basically just being a lil bytch simply because I followed their election and asked questions and stated that Nigeria's election was actually not as bad as America's? :what:

So you think that it is weird that someone points out inaccuracies that people have about about Black Americans?

You’re also incorrect but it’d be helpful if you stayed on topic in a thread about Nigeria and didn’t make baseless comparisons to the US.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re also incorrect but it’d be helpful if you stayed on topic in a thread about Nigeria and didn’t make baseless comparisons to the US.
I have been keeping tabs on the candidates in this Nigerian election since last year, because I had been monitoring Buhari and his policies that destabilized your country. Your outgoing President was bad at everything, but his biggest issues stemmed from his ineffectiveness at stopping insecurity across the country and adopting financial policies that destabilized your currency and tanked your economy. Nigeria needed a better President. I don't know if the new guy will be better, but he can't possibly be any worse which is a key for stability all across West Africa.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I have been keeping tabs on the candidates in this Nigerian election since last year, because I had been monitoring Buhari and his policies that destabilized your country. Your outgoing President was bad at everything, but his biggest issues stemmed from his ineffectiveness at stopping insecurity across the country and adopting financial policies that destabilized your currency and tanked your economy. Nigeria needed a better President. I don't know if the new guy will be better, but he can't possibly be any worse which is a key for stability all across West Africa.
You got the last part right. The only guy who can be worse than Buhari is Atiku. Thank the universe he didn't win. Tinubu would most likely be better than Buhari.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
That APC political machine is a monster.

They basically have been fukking up the worst for the past 10 years and they can still make votes appear when they need them to.

Also politics is a sham in Nigeria, til this day the only thing that really matters is what tribe you belong to and what God you worship.

The idea that and Christian Igbo man was going to rule over the Muslim North was always a pipe dream. You guys really underestimate the prejudice of the North and their loyalty to their people.

My uncles and cousins do business in the North primarily, and they say that the Northerners literally have a saying “I rather be exploited by my brother than a stranger”. If you are Christian, if you are Igbo, you are a stranger. This will never change, this is a spiritual belief.

The Legion of Doom.

It’s crazy the first time an Igbo candidate gets major western backing, it’s comes at a time that the West has less influence in Nigeria and Africa than ever before.

Africa as a whole has multiple interest in it now from China, India, Russia, Europe, the USA. But nobody talks about how much influence the Middle-East has on Nigeria through the Muslim political network. The Arabs are tricking on these northern politicians and Muslim leadership throughout Africa.

Islam really is a machine in itself, truly an organized religion. While Christianity is declining globally in numbers and influence, they are growing in numbers and influence. They really are gunning to rule the world.

As much as Igbos like to talk about the North and their shortcomings, Igbos don’t have a single cultural institution that unifies us anymore.

Not a religion, Christianity was it, but then decades of living in hell is making the younger generation lose faith, some start worshipping the ancestors again.

Not a political party. Within my family their are so many different political parties based on different things. Have uncles with no real political ideology, they just support whoever they know will guarantee them more money. Have uncles that are tribalist and believe you must support your tribesman against any outsider regardless of party. Have uncles that have party affiliations, but the parties themselves don’t really have any sound political ideology.

Club organizations are basically social climbing groups for those with money and even the legacy groups like Ohanaeze have no real cultural clout, they serve politicians for crumbs. They’re Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson status

Chieftancy can be bought for cheap, any man with a good job in America or Europe can become a chief now. Thus it means nothing outside of your specific village, and even then it’s just a respectful title to have, it doesn’t carry any real power.

All we have is some good land with a lot of natural resources, that we have absolutely no sovereignty over nor a clear path to gain sovereignty over it. We own the land on paper, but are handcuffed from ever profiting off that land to its full potential.

Biafra is a righteous goal, but detractors are right in saying that if it happened tomorrow it would fail. Because as much as Igbos rant about “our culture, our culture, our culture”, we really don’t have a shared culture anymore outside of window dressing stuff like festivals and language, even the language is dying out, and the festivals are us doing ancestral worship rituals without the actual ancestor worship.

Igbos globally need a cultural/spiritual/political
rebirth/reset/revival.

Last edited:

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
No election in Africa is without fraud..

It's rumored Mugabe once said, 'how can you lose an election you're running ':what:

May not be your intent but the message in your post is propaganda.

This is why.

Nigerians at large are not stupid.

Before this election, the average Nigerian was not satisfied with Nigeria and did not have any faith in Nigeria as a country to provide expected needs.

Many Nigerians gained hope by way of the new Electoral Act which as written, would prevent rigging ..

As well as Peter Obi shattering the political status quo and establishing a message which resonated across the country.

Though fraud is expected, Nigerians had enough evidence to believe that this election would be different.

Guess what?

It was different.

So don't lump this in with other African elections.

This was very different.

That is why I am saying let this play out.

Hydroking23

Gunners for Life!
Daps
Reppin
Michigan Avenue & Aba Road
Hey breh. You have any video/proof of that? The western media is saying 5hat there was very little violence. I don’t trust it but I haven’t seen anything.

Also look at previous pages.

Too many to post.

The fact is acts of violence and ballot box snatching is standard operating procedure for elections in Nigeria. It's an unfortunate reality. This election can't even compare to what happened in 2003. Obi supporters have synced with Biafra agitators and they are all crying because they are the ones on the losing side.

Since they can't have Biafra they went on to support Obi their Igbo brother. Unfortunately they have lost on both sides. Dude finished in 3rd place but his crazy supporters are screaming louder than the guy that finished 2nd :russ:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
The fact is acts of violence and ballot box snatching is standard operating procedure for elections in Nigeria. It's an unfortunate reality. This election can't even compare to what happened in 2003. Obi supporters have synced with Biafra agitators and they are all crying because they are the ones on the losing side.

Since they can't have Biafra they went on to support Obi their Igbo brother. Unfortunately they have lost on both sides. Dude finished in 3rd place but his crazy supporters are screaming louder than the guy that finished 2nd :russ:
None of this is true.

The IPOB disciples and obidients have very little overlap, it’s literally two separate classes of people, showing the schism in Igboland.

The educated upper and middle class versus the disillusioned lower classes, specifically young men that have lost hope.

The Obidients cosplay Western politics because it makes them feel intelligent and cultured while ignoring Nigeria is not a Western democracy.

IPOB cosplays as militants while ignoring the fact real militancy requires hierarchy, cunning, and a lot of money. We can look at the North and see shining examples of real militancy.

Both groups hate each other and see each other as the downfall of Igboland.