[UPDATE: CAUGHT] Man reportedly shooting people in Memphis while recording Facebook Live

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your whole argument is based on people placing all the blame on rap when it's been repeated that it's one of many factors.
As I mentioned before (as well as others) drill rap is used as a soundtrack for these idiots and they use it to amp them up.
What are the positives of drill rap? I see people bring up rock bands but who have lyrics like drill raps which solely consist of killing they opps? It's seen as a positive if they out here living their raps, also. With rappers having a different type of celebrity in the black community, you seriously think they are influencing young people in some way? Whether it be how we treat and talk to each other, or expectation we have for ourselves or others?

You know you have posters here who claim drill music amp them up for their gym routine. Drill music isn't the source, but if you want to get into that "mode" to go nikka hunting, its the go to genre.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think anyone is saying anything different. No one is saying that rap music is the main cause of violence. Just that it's an influencing factor. Crazy people are especially prone to influences in way that non-crazy people might not be.

Because not having guns available makes their violence significantly less deadly.

You notice how people will say a person aint shyt without a gun, then turn and say guns aren't the issue?

Mugenight

CUINH311
Daps
What’s the joke?
So tell me...If clan member calls you a filthy ****** to your face are you going to be thinking about his "rights" before you put both feet in his ass? because I'm sure..... according to him he has a "right" to practice racism.

I'm saying that to say this ain't the hill you wanna die on.

knock it off.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So tell me...If clan member calls you a filthy ****** to your face are you going to be thinking about his "rights" before you put both feet in his ass? because I'm sure..... according to him he has a "right" to practice racism.

I'm saying that to say this ain't the hill you wanna die on.

knock it off.
What does that have to do with rap music?

yall create these ridiculous hypothetical situations to try and prove a point :gucci:

Mugenight

CUINH311
Daps
What does that have to do with rap music?

yall create these ridiculous hypothetical situations to try and prove a point :gucci:
:gucci: Racism and Rap in it's current form are both detrimental to the "Black" Man,Woman and child.

If I'm being honest I knew you weren't gonna connect the dots.

Because if you did we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place.

So what now?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Was at the Walmart super center in East Memphis getting groceries when all this shyt was apparently going down.

Also, :heh:A lot of you can't have an have an honest conversation to save your lives nobody ever said violent rap music was the one and only factor for why things are the way they are but the fact remains that shyt has to go because like I said before it overstayed it's welcome.
Has to go where? What kind of statement is this

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It is not influencing someone that doesn't already have some kind of preexisting conditions, rather it be bad parents or mental issues. If millions of people listen to rap music then why aren't millions of people walking around committing evil criminal acts?

There are millions of people with white supremacist beliefs who don't go around shooting people.

But the occasional times a white supremacist DOES shoot someone, we don't go around excusing that shyt and saying, "Look at all the White Supremacists who never acted violently on their beliefs!"

Most people don't have it in them to just start going out and killing people at random. The vast majority of people influenced by ANY ideology aren't going to act on it to that degree. But for the ones that do, we shouldn't excuse their inspiration just because the act is relatively rare.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
:gucci: Racism and Rap in it's current form are both detrimental to the "Black" Man,Woman and child.

If I'm being honest I knew you weren't gonna connect the dots.

Because if you did we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place.

So what now?
answer my initial question:aicmon: