[UPDATE: CAUGHT] Man reportedly shooting people in Memphis while recording Facebook Live

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your whole argument is based on people placing all the blame on rap when it's been repeated that it's one of many factors.
As I mentioned before (as well as others) drill rap is used as a soundtrack for these idiots and they use it to amp them up.
What are the positives of drill rap? I see people bring up rock bands but who have lyrics like drill raps which solely consist of killing they opps? It's seen as a positive if they out here living their raps, also. With rappers having a different type of celebrity in the black community, you seriously think they are influencing young people in some way? Whether it be how we treat and talk to each other, or expectation we have for ourselves or others?

If anyone is saying that rap music or any music for that matter can inspire or influence or motivate someone to do some kind of bad act then what they are really saying is that the bad actor already had some kind of preexisting mental issues that made them a danger to the community to begin with. Ennio Morricone made entire soundtracks for movies where there were tracks like the "Vice of Killing" but no one ever cited his music as a motivator for people to murder. You guys keep trying to remove people free will from their decisions to do bad acts.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If anyone is saying that rap music or any music for that matter can inspire or influence or motivate someone to do some kind of bad act then what they are really saying is that the bad actor already had some kind of preexisting mental issues that made them a danger to the community to begin with. Ennio Morricone made entire soundtracks for movies where there were tracks like the "Vice of Killing" but no one ever cited his music as a motivator for people to murder. You guys keep trying to remove people free will from their decisions to do bad acts.
So for the record you do not believe any music or media can influence someone?

Specifically kids if that’s all they are seeing & listening to since infancy

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When posters cite white supremacy nobody is saying treats those posters like it’s the only issue. We acknowledge it & agree it needs to be addressed

When we bring up our youth consuming violent music & media since childhood & the effects it can have people get offended as if you’re attacking them.

Fact are music, media consumption are things we can have direct access to for changes in our communities. These things can be addressed & corrected quicker than white supremacy.

No I’m not saying both can’t be taken down simultaneously for the slow crowd. But again it goes back to people only caring about shyt for a week or two & moving on.

Several posters on here have shown black people plight is their entertainment.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
When posters cite white supremacy nobody is saying treats those posters like it’s the only issue. We acknowledge it & agree it needs to be addressed

When we bring up our youth consuming violent music & media since childhood & the effects it can have people get offended as if you’re attacking them.

Fact are music, media consumption are things we can have direct access to for changes in our communities. These things can be addressed & corrected quicker than white supremacy.

No I’m not saying both can’t be taken down simultaneously for the slow crowd

:wow:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So for the record you do not believe any music or media can influence someone?

Specifically kids if that’s all they are seeing & listening to since infancy

It is not influencing someone that doesn't already have some kind of preexisting conditions, rather it be bad parents or mental issues. If millions of people listen to rap music then why aren't millions of people walking around committing evil criminal acts?

• Dap
Reactions: Dad

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I definitely think rap music influences ppl

But it's not the driving factor in this particular case

I think the issue here is this nikka was CLEARLY crazy as fukk

I don't think anyone is saying anything different. No one is saying that rap music is the main cause of violence. Just that it's an influencing factor. Crazy people are especially prone to influences in way that non-crazy people might not be.

if you remove guns the problem is still going to be there, no? People will still use a weapon for violence

guns aren’t the issue.. I’m confused why removing them would make the situation better

Because not having guns available makes their violence significantly less deadly.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
NEW-EZEKIEL-KELLY-mug-002.jpg

This clown steady smiling :dwillhuh: , he ain’t never getting out

Mugenight

CUINH311
Daps
Was at the Walmart super center in East Memphis getting groceries when all this shyt was apparently going down.

Also, :heh:A lot of you can't have an have an honest conversation to save your lives nobody ever said violent rap music was the one and only factor for why things are the way they are but the fact remains that shyt has to go because like I said before it overstayed it's welcome.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Because not having guns available makes their violence significantly less deadly.
I understand this but on the flipside of the coin, what do you do about the individuals who already own firearms and those who cannot obtain one due to a ban or outlaw?

you basically have a subgroup of citizens who are harboring illegal firearms with regular citizens having to rely on the law enforcement for defensive.

I’m open to be corrected and educated on this subject.. but on paper it sounds atrocious.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is not influencing someone that doesn't already have some kind of preexisting conditions, rather it be bad parents or mental issues. If millions of people listen to rap music then why aren't millions of people walking around committing evil criminal acts?
Nobody is saying it’s the cause. Point is someone listening or watching nothing but kill kill kill can & will influence them. That may not be in the form of killing. It may be in the form of other destructive activities such as a female being over sexual. If you have kids then you know you can’t monitor them 24/7. No matter how great you are there will be other influences

All we’re saying is acknowledge it. We can address multiple aspects of our communities at once. Why the pushback for this one issue?

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i would love to hear a gameplan on how to stop people from making or consuming violent rap music without stepping on a persons rights.

unfortunately mental illness is mental illness. music, movies or any other form of entertainment can stop this tragededy from happening. there were mass shootings before rap it'll be more to come without it.

tougher gun laws & better health care is the only way to go

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody is saying it’s the cause. Point is someone listening or watching nothing but kill kill kill can & will influence them. That may not be in the form of killing. It may be in the form of other destructive activities such as a female being over sexual. If you have kids then you know you can’t monitor them 24/7. No matter how great you are there will be other influences

All we’re saying is acknowledge it. We can address multiple aspects of our combust once. Why the pushback for this one issue?

We can agree to disagree.