[UPDATE: CAUGHT] Man reportedly shooting people in Memphis while recording Facebook Live

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
You concede that the homicide rates in places without guns is a tiny fraction of places with lots of guns but you are also confused about why removing guns would make the situation better?
The highest homicide rates in the country happen in places with strict gun control. It’s not the guns, it’s the people.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Yeah that didn't happen in this thread. There's no conspiracy theories.
People are bringing up facts.

So the music that this young shooter was reciting while killing isn't affecting him? Is that what we're doing?
A Black man goes on a shooting spree and its Black peoples; nikkas being nikkas.

When cacs do, its fake news or a plot to divide the nationand trigger a civil war.

I'm just noting the discrepancy in tinfoiler thinking. Been lurking on conspiracy sites since 04.

:hubie: if you ain't hit, don't holler

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
There is no way you can take almost 400,000,000 guns off the streets, unless your talking about forced gun confiscation, and at that point your basically giving authority to the racist police to raid people's homes and take thier guns by force.

yeah let's have race soldiers do more breonna taylor like raids on the millions of black gun owners that are not commiting rampages....

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The highest homicide rates in the country happen in places with strict gun control. It’s not the guns, it’s the people.
Those areas ppl
There is no way you can take almost 400,000,000 guns off the streets, unless your talking about forced gun confiscation, and at that point your basically giving authority to the racist police to raid people's homes and take thier guns by force.

yeah let's have race soldiers do more breonna taylor like raids on the millions of black gun owners that are not commiting rampages....
I'm for it!

Let's do it!

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He could’ve been listening to country music and the usual suspects would be in here saying it’s rap music and lock all young black men up.

This shooting was eerily similar to the incel shooter (Elliott Rodger) who was shooting people out his car in California and there wasn’t one post talking about rap music.
Elliott was killing people because he couldn't get laid.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
We know what Branton Tarrant was listening to when he shot up that mosque. It was rock music.

And I'll add, are we going to ignore everything else and only pay attention to the music or act like all the other people who listen to the same music and are fine don't exist? That makes no sense to me.

And not all poor people living in poverty are violent criminals.

Does that eliminate the “poverty is a factor of crime” argument? :jbhmm:

Last edited:
Daps
Pussies get a gun and feel like they got unrivaled power. No difference from 12 having a license to shoot and all the back up in the world with that disposition of authority.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all you made an assumption. Rap is not my favorite genre of music, whether it be gangster rap or corny rap. Anybody that has seen my posts on this board knows that I am into old school R&B and Blues, because I like hearing musical instruments and unaltered voices.

So since you made an assumption about the type of music I like then you are almost certainly making an assumption about the influence that rap music had on its millions of listeners. Just say that you don't like rap music and then leave it at that, but don't assume that because a few bad actors were listening or singing to rap music while committing bad acts then it had to have been due to the rap music. If that is the case then how do you explain the millions of people that listen to rap music but don't commit bad acts? Or what do we do with your logic if we find out that mass shooters listen to Country music?

The rap music excuse is a ruse to try explain away bad behavior. You are trying to say that people don't have free will on whether to do right or wrong. Your reasoning reminds me of racist liberal ideology from the 1970s when discussing Black youth.
Your whole argument is based on people placing all the blame on rap when it's been repeated that it's one of many factors.
As I mentioned before (as well as others) drill rap is used as a soundtrack for these idiots and they use it to amp them up.
What are the positives of drill rap? I see people bring up rock bands but who have lyrics like drill raps which solely consist of killing they opps? It's seen as a positive if they out here living their raps, also. With rappers having a different type of celebrity in the black community, you seriously think they aren't influencing young people in some way? Whether it be how we treat and talk to each other, or expectation we have for ourselves or others?

Last edited: