[UPDATE: CAUGHT] Man reportedly shooting people in Memphis while recording Facebook Live

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
it’s not and it’s shameful this tragedy was used to promote such a disingenuous “discussion”/agenda

In your opinion, what agenda is being promoted in this thread?

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Also benefits the white execs and bloggers, etc etc. It has zero value to the average black person yet we defend it tooth and nail
Rap is not violent lyrics.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Sad part is he cried out for help from his homies a few weeks ago and they just left him on read. And then they want to post the screenshot after all this :snoop: .

These kids aren't properly processing the death of their homies and need therapy. Notice how many have a "LL________" in their bios. And now his homies have to live with the fact they could have stopped much of this before it started by just giving him the listening ear he was literally begging for. Instead he got his attention in this way.

Last edited:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I get that he was rapping drill music, but I'm surprised we're full on blaming it in this thread. And that's coming from me who has decided to avoid any black-on-black violence music.

Like clearly this guy was more insane than anything, right? Targeting innocents, live streaming it, that's insane cac shyt.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
My take: I don't think these are either/or dynamics. I believe music is A factor, not THE factor. Most people who listen to violent music don't act out that violence. Most poor people aren't criminals. Most people with mental health diagnosis' don't harm others. But we can't ignore poverty and mental heatlh are contributing factors to crime and violence. I think the music is in that category too. Not a big peice but it's a factor. People who study these things have concluded "culture" to be the biggest influence on human behavior. Impoverished, mentally ill people exist all over the world, but America specifically has a culture that pushes these people to violence. Music influences culture. Again, its not THE sole influence, but it's an influence.
Music is a big factor, biggest is child abuse and neglect. You take a poor black boy and the only successful black men you show him are thugs that glorify black death, he's gonna think that's a viable path. The music (culture in general) associates violence towards other Black men, drug addiction and general ignorance as THE Black man. We don't control our image which is why we're painted as thugs in the media or homos

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I get that he was rapping drill music, but I'm surprised we're full on blaming it in this thread. And that's coming from me who has decided to avoid any black-on-black violence music.

Like clearly this guy was more insane than anything, right? Targeting innocents, live streaming it, that's insane cac shyt.

Most of them are insane and don’t care who they hit. When they slide or spin the block

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Music is a big factor, biggest is child abuse and neglect. You take a poor black boy and the only successful black men you show him are thugs that glorify black death, he's gonna think that's a viable path. The music (culture in general) associates violence towards other Black men, drug addiction and general ignorance as THE Black man. We don't control our image which is why we're painted as thugs in the media or homos

You want to avoid the issue because you are worried about image.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

Same
Music has a bad impact on the culture and I don't fw it

But it's not the issue here