[UPDATE: CAUGHT] Man reportedly shooting people in Memphis while recording Facebook Live

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I doubt it's drugs or music, I listen to violent rap while I garden and landscape my shyt and I be smoking big blunts before I get started...having a ball while I do it

19? By 21 I was a father and homeowner and married

Smfh just another weirdo who cant deal with life plain and simple

Mental illness my ass so sick of that being the go to

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
All these young nikkas today are smoking more than just weed and cigs

Minds are fried…

Used to be don’t get high off your own supply. shyt these young nikkas passed that and even more

It really be just that..

A nikka stopped traffic and started punching bus windows...

Barefoot and all..

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't got it because you keep trying to make it seem like people are saying it is the lone factor because you can't any criticism to your favorite genre of music.
Violent rap is just one contributing factor. He was it to amp him up.
Rap and rappers, have an unique footing in the black community. We copy their slang, their style, use their lyrics in casual speech, and they even change how we deal with each other and view ourselves. And that goes doubly with the kids and teens in our community.

First of all you made an assumption. Rap is not my favorite genre of music, whether it be gangster rap or corny rap. Anybody that has seen my posts on this board knows that I am into old school R&B and Blues, because I like hearing musical instruments and unaltered voices.

So since you made an assumption about the type of music I like then you are almost certainly making an assumption about the influence that rap music had on its millions of listeners. Just say that you don't like rap music and then leave it at that, but don't assume that because a few bad actors were listening or singing to rap music while committing bad acts then it had to have been due to the rap music. If that is the case then how do you explain the millions of people that listen to rap music but don't commit bad acts? Or what do we do with your logic if we find out that mass shooters listen to Country music?

The rap music excuse is a ruse to try explain away bad behavior. You are trying to say that people don't have free will on whether to do right or wrong. Your reasoning reminds me of racist liberal ideology from the 1970s when discussing Black youth.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
@Matt504 keep your foot on these fools necks about this toxic culture bruh
"I come from a generation of pain, where murder is minor". That bar describes this entire thread. More smoke for OP than the maniac taking innocent black lives.

A lot of 30-50 year old black men have reached a level in life where they're Business owners, CEOs, upper middle class, husbands, family men etc. Generally advancing in this game of life and enjoying the fruits of their hard labor.

They're somehow genuinely shocked there are black men out there who are no longer share the same mindset as these demons with nothing to live for, their genocidal music that enables them and the culture than continues to coddle them.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
What kind of idiotic statement is this?
We playing dumb now?

In any white mass shooting there's loud minority talking about crisis actors, as part of a large conspiracy. When Blacks do the shooting, they're either silent or talking about Black culture being the culprit and needed to lock "these people" up.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Exactly. When a White Supremacist kills people we don't say, "Don't blame White Supremacy, 99% of white racists go about their lives and never kill anyone".

There's something really fukked up that you can get famous making music gloating about the killing and death of other Black people.

Random spree shootings are rare as fukk, that doesn't mean that they aren't influenced by corrupted social movements. The fact that an entire subgenre of rap revolves around violence and certain people innundate themselves with that on a daily basis - how is that not going to have an impact?
I definitely think rap music influences ppl

But it's not the driving factor in this particular case

I think the issue here is this nikka was CLEARLY crazy as fukk

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Exactly.

Nobody gets more excuses in our communities than these c00ns.

Just face the facts that he ain't shyt but an ain't shyt muthafukka.

That's what I'm saying. Apparently the coli is full of mental health professionals who can diagnose by watching video.

They're saying he's manic because he seems erratic when he could just as well be coked out. Maybe it's adrenaline. Who knows. What we do know is that he seems to be aware of his surroundings, that he seems to be coherent, think methodically (keeps switching cars to make it harder for cops to find him etc).. those are not the actions of someone who is clinically insane.

The easier explanation is that we're dealing with a lowlife degenerate who took his anger and frustrations out on society (specifically his own ppl).

this is it..some people commit to being a piece of shyt..

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
We playing dumb now?

In any white mass shooting there's loud minority talking about crisis actors, as part of a large conspiracy. When Blacks do the shooting, they're either silent or talking about Black culture being the culprit and needed to lock "these people" up.

Yeah that didn't happen in this thread. There's no conspiracy theories.
People are bringing up facts.

So the music that this young shooter was reciting while killing isn't affecting him? Is that what we're doing?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I come from a generation of pain, where murder is minor". That bar describes this entire thread. More smoke for OP than the maniac taking innocent black lives.

A lot of 30-50 year old black men have reached a level in life where they're Business owners, CEOs, upper middle class, husbands, family men etc. Generally advancing in this game of life and enjoying the fruits of their hard labor.

They're somehow genuinely shocked there are black men out there who are no longer share the same mindset as these demons with nothing to live for, their genocidal music that enables them and the culture than continues to coddle them.
If you’re a 30-50 year old black business owner, ceo, or upper middle class (speaking in general), there’s a 95 percent chance you NEVER shared the same mindset, had the same values, or the same environmental factors around you as the “demons” mentioned. Your support and value systems were totally different.

Having listened to the music doesn’t mean you had the same mindset. It means you enjoyed the music. You were able to listen to the music and go on with life in a productive way, like millions of other rap listeners globally.

Violent rap music can be eliminated this very minute and a black person will still kill another black person at some point today. Cultures and behaviors have roots. The roots are never addressed because people rather focus on the branches like rap music and sagging pants.

Do certain toxic behaviors need to be corrected? Absolutely. But the causation must be addressed along side those. People rather talk about how bad rap music is instead of addressing what happened to a person that would make them want to rap about those harsh realities in the first place.

I can’t even loop this individual in with your typical “thug”, because even they don’t run around killing random people. This is a disturbed, devilish person.