[UPDATE: CAUGHT] Man reportedly shooting people in Memphis while recording Facebook Live

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
FcGogBYWAAAIVkM

:snoop: RIP

How are there people in this thread emotionally defending drill-shyt music?

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
:snoop: RIP

How are there people in this thread emotionally defending drill-shyt music?
Because some of us don't think the music is to blame and see a danger in operating as such. Some of us would much rather look at more proven things like upbringing, parenting, and so on. Personally, even if one says it influences people to act like this, no one can actually explain how outside of useless anecdotes instead of actual data or anything of the like. I don't even like the music but shyt does not make sense.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Man, we got to find a way to at least get these damn guns off the streets. I know there are lots of people with mental health problems that need to be fixed but without the guns they would do a lot less harm. The gun violence is absolutely out of control and there is only one solution.
It will take the majority of random, for no reason mass shooters being black for it to happen.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Man, we got to find a way to at least get these damn guns off the streets. I know there are lots of people with mental health problems that need to be fixed but without the guns they would do a lot less harm. The gun violence is absolutely out of control and there is only one solution.
If it’s not guns, it’s knives. RIP Pat Stay..

Legend27

Pro
Daps
I'm not moving goal posts at all, nor am I ignoring posts about the core issues that lead to these outcomes, I have numerous posts over the years outlining them myself. My time spent speaking about music that centers around the deaths of Black men is more about highlighting how unmistakably anti-Black it is.

I don't think Black people should even fix their mouths to say that music that celebrates Black men being murdered is "just entertainment" when the leading cause of death for Black males between the ages of 1-44 is homicide.
You just tried to move the goalpost
And recently this has not been the case.
like we already discussed in the the other thread for the vast majority it is simply just entertainment just like other forms of entertainment just because they consume the content doesn't mean they “celebrate” and/or support the violence/actions behind these songs which again not because of rap music and for those that do most likely come from a similar socioeconomic background with friends and/or family who are involved in the violence & keep perpetuating that way of life which is also not because of rap music
The leading cause is also not because of rap music.
Like in the other threads you keep attacking the symptom & not the cause.

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
Why it got to be a brotha :snoop:. Hope he gets stopped before someone loses there life.

Man the internet fukked everything up. These losers who know they won't amount to anything will do anything for clout and crash out.

I remember a time when you heard about crimes like this you knew it wasn't a nikka. You could comfortably say whew it ain't us.

Not anymore.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Violent criminals must be removed from society, there's no rehabilitating that whether it's aggravated assault, carjacking, or the other much more serious offenses. After they've done their time they can be shipped off to an island with other violent offenders but that's about it. Keep them away from the rest of us at all costs.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
RIP to the victims. Give the pos the chair and call it a day.
Also the nikkas in here blaming this on rap are either white supremacists or crack babies easily influenced by white supremacists

Suzie

Pro
Daps
Violent criminals must be removed from society, there's no rehabilitating that whether it's aggravated assault, carjacking, or the other much more serious offenses. After they've done their time they can be shipped off to an island with other violent offenders but that's about it. Keep them away from the rest of us at all costs.
This isn’t true. The problem is some violent offenders do change, some don’t. The issue is you have new violent offenders everyday. Also you arent a violent offender until you are.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So rap music is the problem rather than how people are raised. Got it.

People have no choice in their own actions, because they can't be responsible for anything they do after listening to rap music.
Don't got it because you keep trying to make it seem like people are saying it is the lone factor because you can't any criticism to your favorite genre of music.
Violent rap is just one contributing factor. He was it to amp him up.
Rap and rappers, have an unique footing in the black community. We copy their slang, their style, use their lyrics in casual speech, and they even change how we deal with each other and view ourselves. And that goes doubly with the kids and teens in our community.