[UPDATE: CAUGHT] Man reportedly shooting people in Memphis while recording Facebook Live

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Maybe if he had a beat blasting in his car if would have been more palpable

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We know what Branton Tarrant was listening to when he shot up that mosque. It was rock music.

And I'll add, are we going to ignore everything else and only pay attention to the music or act like all the other people who listen to the same music and are fine don't exist? That makes no sense to me.
Tarrant is in another country listening to far right fascist music from another country. And I'm sure even in those countries that kinda of music isn't easily found on mainstream platforms like Spotify or YouTube music.

A poster already pointed it out: it isnt the factor, but it can be a contributing factor

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
The guy is chanting murder rituals to himself while going on a rampage but there's no correlation?
Man let that shyt go man if I wanted to kill anyone it ain’t be because of rap music or some fukking lyrics man. It would be either cause I hate the mother fukker or it might be the situation I’m placed in. Some of you fakkits ain’t never kill shyt other than fly and bugs. Go hunt a deer and tell me rapping about killing a nikka helps ease ya mind when you pull the trigger tired of theze fakkits in this thread man :camby:

Legend27

Pro
Daps
Now is your opportunity to prove it, if that's my persona on repeat, you should be able to find innumerable posts of me claiming that music is turning kids into murderers.
I said treating not claiming Nikka already shifting the goalpost :mjlol:
You on still on this reglious campaign about rap music even after nikkas time & time again gave much more meaningful, rational, significant causes as to why specifically crime & certain behaviors are they way they are in the community you again keep ignoring/ putting it in the backfield to spend more time talking about rap music not even the fukking gangs in rap music :mjlol:
People consume this content because they enjoy it for a variety of different reasons (beats, flow, lyrics, storytelling, relatable, etc) for a variety of different activities. This doesn't mean they “celebrate and/or support the violence/actions behind these songs.
Maybe it doesn't necessarily benefit us in a meaningful way socially but me and most people believe it doesn't negatively affect us in a meaningful way either, not like poverty, education, criminal justice system, policy, resources, environmental health, housing, proper parenting & lack of parents & guidance, health care, mental health, addiction, economics, tackling disingenuous narratives about black people (especially on the news) and even nutrition & dieting that is on a completely different scale.
So that's why people would much rather focus on these types of issues instead of rap/drill music because these are much much much more essential, effective, and meaningful options to help the black community in stability, health, happiness, and freedom to get us closer to peace and like I said in that other thread banning, limiting, not listening or “celebrating”rap/drill music isn't necessary and is more closer to being a non-factor to achieving any of these things while the things I stated are again much more vital. We can listen to drill music, play violent video games, & violent terrifying horror movies all day (all three have the same core arguments & thought process even if a different scales) & still have low violence & a peaceful community while other much more problematic issues in the world are much more blurry & difficult to achieve these goals.
If your instinct is to skip all these & first & foremost talk about rap the impression you’re giving is you are not trying to have a thoughtful serious discussion to at least speak about substantially helping the black community with me and some others that feel that way & then wondering why you keep getting criticized cuz at the end of the day nikkas (myself included) are keep repeating the same talking points & rhetoric repeat actually substantial talking points, especially in talks of wanting/trying to make a change it's that simple :unimpressed:

Last edited:
Daps
Man, we got to find a way to at least get these damn guns off the streets. I know there are lots of people with mental health problems that need to be fixed but without the guns they would do a lot less harm. The gun violence is absolutely out of control and there is only one solution.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man let that shyt go man if I wanted to kill anyone it ain’t be because of rap music or some fukking lyrics man. It would be either cause I hate the mother fukker or it might be the situation I’m placed in. Some of you fakkits ain’t never kill shyt other than fly and bugs. Go hunt a deer and tell me rapping about killing a nikka helps ease ya mind when you pull the trigger tired of theze fakkits in this thread man :camby:
why do y’all do this? The person you responded to didn’t say music was the reason. They clearly are speaking on influence. You one of those don’t think music has any influence types?

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Rap music is demonic
Devil's music

what music is responsible for this thread you made? :troll:

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
One of his close friends died recently and this mane really was geeked up and kept saying on Live how he wanted to crash out, get as many "bodies" across the city as possible & end in a shootout with police.

Nevermind he was posting drill videos on his story right before it happened and claiming to have "5 bodies" under his belt. He even posted a song that I think he was rapping on his story.

Pray for these yungins because he won't even remember this tomorrow when he wakes up.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
why do y’all do this? The person you responded to didn’t say music was the reason. They clearly are speaking on influence. You one of those don’t think music has any influence types?

Exactly. When a White Supremacist kills people we don't say, "Don't blame White Supremacy, 99% of white racists go about their lives and never kill anyone".

There's something really fukked up that you can get famous making music gloating about the killing and death of other Black people.

Random spree shootings are rare as fukk, that doesn't mean that they aren't influenced by corrupted social movements. The fact that an entire subgenre of rap revolves around violence and certain people innundate themselves with that on a daily basis - how is that not going to have an impact?